Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

Clamp-aholics. The ultimate clamping and rigging team thread

(1/74) > >>

tim in jersey:
Admin alert: feel free to move this thread anywhere you like, but I feel as though this thread deserves it's own sticky here, on this board.

When I first started taping 10+ years ago with my first rig I had mics, "t-bar", shockmounts, a recorder, and a stand. I had decent rig, but pulled shitty tapes for a while because I couldn't position my mics in the sweet spot due to venue restrictions. As I've become more aware of where the sweet spots are in the venues I typically haunt, I've become more savvy as to how to get my mics in the sweet spot.

I'm hoping this becomes the ts.com de facto clamping/rigging info thread. I'm trying to consolidate all clamping and rigging threads into 1 handy go-to spot. Inspired by a convo between fellow clamp-aholic F.O.Bean and I on a yard-sale thread.

I own 4 superclamps (2 are the real-deal the others are knock-offs), 2 Rowi 76's, 1 Cardellini Mic clamp (beaster), 1 Windtech, 12 or so Windtech knock-offs (from a site remediation. they were going to get thrown in the dumpster).  And I ain't done yet. :o

I'm going to start perusing ts.com and posting links to other relevant ts.com threads, photos, and other tidbits here as time and motivation allows.

My first contribution is a Railroad Earth show from October 6, '11. Clamped to balcony rail DFC, 2-3' extender pole.

Photos: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/114775014104918758740/albums/5667528821496032545  <- let me know if the link works. Google photos still baffles me at times.
Results: http://www.archive.org/details/rre2011-10-06.mk4v.din.flac16

Have fun, reply, and share your wisdom.

ETA: added links so they appear on 1st post...

clamp cap screw replacement
Best clamp for theater seat arms
Clamping to Balcony Handrail
Need help with Clamp and extension pole
Innovative Set-Ups
My Versatile Extension Pole - With Pics
Balcony Clamp Question
Clamps - weights
clamps for a thick beam?
POLL: How many clamps do you own?
newbie to clamps needs assistance please
Help With Balcony Clamping
clamps
ISO stand accessory-- do you know of one?
Rowi Ballheads for clamps
Homemade clamps and hangers
Clamping at Red Rocks' FOH rail
Photos of Safety Cable in use <-- Links back to this thread, but thought I'd add it anyhow...
Clamp help!
First time clamping from a balcony (sorry pictures are kind of dark)
Windtech clamp question
super clamp handle threading?
Using an endless ratchet strap for securing a stand
Camvate Crab Clamp review

F.O.Bean:
Im not done either. I scour ebay constantly :)

tim in jersey:
Hey Bean.

I think it was you that first suggested that a tire valve cap was the best replacement for the plastic thingy on the threaded shaft of a windtech clamp that we all lose eventually. Good advice. Been on my windtech for years now...

F.O.Bean:

--- Quote from: tim in jersey on November 20, 2011, 11:00:16 PM ---Hey Bean.

I think it was you that first suggested that a tire valve cap was the best replacement for the plastic thingy on the threaded shaft of a windtech clamp that we all lose eventually. Good advice. Been on my windtech for years now...

--- End quote ---

Yep, that was me! Im  glad its worked well for so many peo[ple :)

tim in jersey:
I'm addicted to getting my mics in the "spot"... :laugh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version