Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: TCD5M repair  (Read 7568 times)

Offline DiggerinVA

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: TCD5M repair
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 09:54:17 PM »
Those are the mic's I use(I may be looking for hyper for some more distance work). The furthur link provided by bryonsos is them. http://archive.org/details/furthur2011-07-28.sony-c38b.roberts.115429.flac16 There is a Philly from 1993 post on LMA as well. Others are out there.
Sony C38B's --> Lunatec V2-->PMD661
B-3's --> Tinybox 1.5 --> PCM-M10

Offline Fredman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2012, 11:58:34 PM »
First Post!!

I called Sony about the D5 repair and they said it's out of production (yah) so parts aren't available but they'd check it out and so long as all it needs is some kind o maintenance/cleaning they can work on it.

I'm sending it off to see what they can do.  My problem is the take-up reel;  it's stuttering and hesitating and not keeping up with the capstan, leading to tape eating.

I'm hoping it's just a lube issue but my gut is telling me it's a belt, but who knows.

Offline DiggerinVA

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2012, 08:47:08 AM »
First Post!!

I called Sony about the D5 repair and they said it's out of production (yah) so parts aren't available but they'd check it out and so long as all it needs is some kind o maintenance/cleaning they can work on it.

I'm sending it off to see what they can do.  My problem is the take-up reel;  it's stuttering and hesitating and not keeping up with the capstan, leading to tape eating.

I'm hoping it's just a lube issue but my gut is telling me it's a belt, but who knows.

Let us know that works out.
Sony C38B's --> Lunatec V2-->PMD661
B-3's --> Tinybox 1.5 --> PCM-M10

Offline Fredman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 06:29:04 PM »
So I got my D5 back form Son'y Laredo service center today, and it's not repaired (as expected).  Out of production, no parts, etc etc etc.

What really chaps my ass is that they somehow managed to break the battery door compartment down there in Laredo.  I hauled this thing all over the US for 15 years and never broke anything on it;  I ship it to the factory service center and they manage to break the latch.  Got an email into Sony Cust Service with a compensation demand, we'll see where that goes.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com