Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MT shut down during record & will not engage in record mode FW ver 1.4  (Read 1742 times)

Offline LeftoverSammy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • MG's FUCKIN' A!!
Hey now,
Been many moons since I last posted on TS. Good to be back. Been taking a break cuz of work and family.

Anyway during a show last week my MT shuts down 53min into second set of a show in Portland. I could not for the life of me get it to engage back into record mode again. I shut the unit down, powered back up - still nothing. Removed SPDIF from the MT, nada. I tried everything including removing my microdrive (Toshiba 6GB). Up to now its been very stable and trustworthy. I was recording 24/48 and had plenty of time on the card. What gives? Even now a week later I still can't get the SOB to stay in record mode. No meters, nothing. It acts like its going to record (showing the record circle) but no signals appear and it goes back to stop mode. It even says saving file but it doesn't save shit.

Suggestions?  ??? Reset the system? Update the firmware to the latest? Running v1.4 right now.
Anyone can fire off some suggestions would be great. As of now its back to the trusty DA-P1 for Zero this weekend @ the Fillmore.

Peace,
LoS  :fish:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 07:13:03 PM by LeftoverSammy »
Microtech Gefell SMS2000's (M20 & M21 caps) > Luminous Audio Monarch II's or Audio Magic Silvers > MixPre 3
Grace Designs V3
Marantz PMD661
Core Sound Stealthy Cardiod mics > Battbox> Tascam DR-7

Former Nak CM300 & CM700 Vet (CP1, CP2, CP3 & CP4 caps), MX-100

Its 420.....24/7.....365!! :-)

Offline shaggy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • dwonk
Re: MT shut down during record & will not engage in record mode FW ver 1.4
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 07:24:56 PM »
Sammy, I am no expert on the MT but try to get another CF (like the 64MB that came with it) card in there and see if it still misbehaves.  If so, try reloading the firmware or go to v1.4.5 with a new card.

Sorry this had to be the reason for the fabulous return of LoS but I am glad to see you back!

Offline rodeen

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Harmonica Man!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 11:58:54 PM »
Definitely go to 1.4.5.  It's been a while but I think I remember having issues with 1.4.  1.4.5 has been very stable.  Leave the dust on the P1   ;)

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"
[LMA]: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22odeen%22&sort=-date

Offline LeftoverSammy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • MG's FUCKIN' A!!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 08:57:52 PM »
Definitely go to 1.4.5.  It's been a while but I think I remember having issues with 1.4.  1.4.5 has been very stable.  Leave the dust on the P1   ;)

Ok, did the firmware update and the MT's back on-line!  ;) Not sure WTF happened on that one but hopefully no more funny shit. I'll give it another whirl.....  ::)
Microtech Gefell SMS2000's (M20 & M21 caps) > Luminous Audio Monarch II's or Audio Magic Silvers > MixPre 3
Grace Designs V3
Marantz PMD661
Core Sound Stealthy Cardiod mics > Battbox> Tascam DR-7

Former Nak CM300 & CM700 Vet (CP1, CP2, CP3 & CP4 caps), MX-100

Its 420.....24/7.....365!! :-)

Offline sparkjockey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 09:36:43 PM »
Mine did the same thing only I was running older firmware (1.3.5 I think). I had been having good luck till then so didn't see any reason to upgrade. Things went fine for 9 months. Then I lost a .38 Special show because of the un-planned shutdown. I think the time was pretty close to 53 minutes too >:( Tried to re-start as well with no luck. I originally blamed it on my use of a new CF card (4GB Sandisk), but after some home testing, it happened again (and again ???). I upgraded to 1.4.5 recently and have had good results with my home tests. My next gig is the first week in March. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com