Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: diginoise  (Read 1618 times)

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • They're baaack! ??
diginoise
« on: February 15, 2004, 03:09:14 PM »
ok..my first taping experience was aweful.  however, once i got past teh bad parts, and was finally taping, it was ok...however, when i got home and listened to the recording...there is diginoise(pops etc...) throughout. the noise is located throughout both sets.  the first set my levels were a little high, which i noticed briefly during break when I was looking at teh .wav file.  So the second set I lowered my levels, which i thought was what was causing the clips and pops, but it wasn't...with my levels lowerd(never goin over -1.5db) there is still the noise every once in a while, but its not during esp loud parts of the shows..there seems to be no direct correlation to any of the times it shows up.  As I am new...I have no idea as to where to start to identify the problem.  ANY thoughts, suggestions or directions(web) would be great!

octava mc012's -->ua5 --> laptop
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

Offline Chanher

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Colorado Crew
Re:diginoise
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2004, 03:36:57 PM »
hmm, my first question is to ask what the specs are for your laptop.

2nd, how much customizing did you do to your laptop for taping?  by customizing, I mean changing certain settings.
Line Audio CM4 / AT853Rx (c,h,o) / Studio Projects C4 MKII (c,h,o)
Sound Devices MP-2 / bm2p+ Edirol UA-5
Zoom F3 / F6 / Marantz Oade Warm Mod PMD661 / Tascam DR-70D

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • They're baaack! ??
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2004, 05:02:39 PM »
i didnt do any real customizing...i just turned everything off.  norton, ethernet, etc....
the laptop is 600mhz amd k6-2 with 256 sdram
Auditory
it's magic 

Offline Chanher

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Colorado Crew
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2004, 05:17:12 PM »
what sample rate are running out of the ua5 and into what program?
Line Audio CM4 / AT853Rx (c,h,o) / Studio Projects C4 MKII (c,h,o)
Sound Devices MP-2 / bm2p+ Edirol UA-5
Zoom F3 / F6 / Marantz Oade Warm Mod PMD661 / Tascam DR-70D

Offline BJ

• They're baaack! ??
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2004, 06:35:47 PM »
man..I'm bad at this..lol..I shoulda known to give you every little piece of info i could think of.  I was running Wavelab 4.0f to record, and I was running: stereo, 16 bit, @ 44.1kHz.  A little info into my biggest problem, My battery pack(which was given to me) went out after 30 min, I thought it would last all night, didn't check into it before hand(newbie!).  So I had to find a plug in to the wall, which happened to be RIGHT beside me, since I was beside the sbd, there was alot plugged into the strip, not sure if that could affect anything.  My extension cord ran right over my mic cables, Could this make noise?  I didn't think about this until now, as I was in a rush to get power back.   There was also a ceiling fan right above my mics, which kept me from going to high with my stand.  There was a slide projector about 5 feet from me also.  I am just trying to come up with anything I can think of that might have caused this.  Thanx again.
Auditory
it's magic 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com