Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

ZOOM M2 M3 M4 MicTrak Stereo Microphones & Recorders - 32 bit one-piece devices

<< < (2/7) > >>

Datfly:
Bad review for the M2 & M4. Picks up EMI & bad handling noise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wF99pmA3y0

Niels:

--- Quote from: Datfly on December 23, 2022, 09:05:45 AM ---Bad review for the M2 & M4. Picks up EMI & bad handling noise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wF99pmA3y0

--- End quote ---
Certainly one way to get many views/clicks.

Datfly:
I did not make the video I'm just sharing the video that I found with pretty important information.

Ozpeter:

--- Quote from: Datfly on December 23, 2022, 03:08:50 PM ---I did not make the video I'm just sharing the video that I found with pretty important information.

--- End quote ---

I don't think that comment was directed at you.  What annoys me about that guy's videos are that they make all sorts of assertions with limited comparisons and they are at variance with all (that I've seen) other end-user samples and reviews.  Why is his different?  Why is his the most credible review?  But he seems to be surrounded by fan boys who then post adverse comments on the official Zoom channels on the basis of this limited information.  There could be a problem.  Maybe there isn't, or it's a problem under circumstances which won't normally arise.  For instance his assertion that the H1N has low handling noise by comparison is nonsense- the H1N is notorious for handling noise.  In fact, when it comes down to it, all these small devices suffer from it as it's just about impossible to decouple the small, llight capsules from the body. 

goodcooker:

--- Quote from: Ozpeter on December 23, 2022, 05:51:31 PM --- What annoys me about that guy's videos are that they make all sorts of assertions with limited comparisons and they are at variance with all (that I've seen) other end-user samples and reviews.  Why is his different? 

--- End quote ---

If you watch the video there is no denying that these recorders produce so much interference that they are unusable "in his use case" which looks to be his home.

Don't know why you have so much beef with that dude but based on his video alone I wouldn't buy one of these.
No denying what's in the RX output file he showed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version