Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: again a resample question using soundforge 6  (Read 2759 times)

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my list
again a resample question using soundforge 6
« on: May 09, 2004, 01:30:57 AM »
so after I resampled to 44.1 it sounds a little sped up.  I have a audiophile 2496.  it is set to 48 as was soundforge to record.  now rea sampled to 44.1 it is a bit faster.  listening to my dat master for comparision.  I have had this issue before but I have also resampled with no problewms what so ever.  thoughts??

oh yea.  when y'all save the wave from SF do you do save, save as or save all??  does it make a difference?  my drunk ass thinks it does.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2004, 01:32:23 AM by datdork »
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline BC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Bongo Bongo
Re:again a resample question using soundforge 6
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 01:45:47 AM »
so after I resampled to 44.1 it sounds a little sped up.  I have a audiophile 2496.  it is set to 48 as was soundforge to record.  now rea sampled to 44.1 it is a bit faster.  listening to my dat master for comparision.  I have had this issue before but I have also resampled with no problewms what so ever.  thoughts??

oh yea.  when y'all save the wave from SF do you do save, save as or save all??  does it make a difference?  my drunk ass thinks it does.

Are you sure you resampled and didn't just change the sample rate?
The way I do it is Process>Resample (Quality setting 4, w. anti-alias filter on).

As for saving I use "save as", since I usually like to archive both the 48Khz and 44.1 versions, I will save the 44.1 file with a different name.

Take care,
Ben

In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

Offline Gordon

• my list
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 01:51:14 AM »

The way I do it is Process>Resample (Quality setting 4, w. anti-alias filter on).

As for saving I use "save as", since I usually like to archive both the 48Khz and 44.1 versions, I will save the 44.1 file with a different name.

Take care,
Ben

yes I do Process>Resample (Quality setting 4, w. anti-alias filter on)  and the speed change is very slight but noticable when comparing to the dat at 48.  
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 03:24:18 AM »

Take care,
Ben

yes I do Process>Resample (Quality setting 4, w. anti-alias filter on)  and the speed change is very slight but noticable when comparing to the dat at 48.  

before the DAT>hdd transfer, i set the Master Clock to S/PDIF.  after the transfer, change back your Maudio setting for Master Clock back to Internal.

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline THE NIZ BIAAAAACH!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Mr T don't partake in no sombrero activities!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 06:35:46 AM »
Make sure that when you go to resample in sound forge, like BC said, that it is set to resample and not change sample rate.  This option is a small check box in the resample menu.  Just cause you clicked resample does not mean that this option is set up correctly
mk21+mk4>kc5>cmc6>portico 5012>722
24\96 in your ass bitches!

Offline Gordon

• my list
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2004, 02:22:56 PM »
the anti alias box is checked and the other box is unchecked.  so could it be what leegeddy said?  

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com