Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 4 stereo channel mixing  (Read 4814 times)

Offline jb63

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • Taperssection Member
  • if not now when?
Re: 4 stereo channel mixing
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2018, 07:36:20 PM »
If interested in any EQ tweaking, I found a slight EQ correction tamed the slight brightness in my brief listen to your sample .  I cut 1k ~-1dB, 6k ~-.5dB, and 12k ~-1.5dB, leaving 3k untouched to retain good vocal clarity.  My hand-waving- that's off-the-cuff, subjective, may be headphone dependant, etc, but its not out of line with what I find commonly helps 406x recordings.

Thanks, Gutbucket!
So just for fun I popped this sample into audacity and tried to make some sense of your notes, and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to do that. I'm sure I am missing some audio engineer speak. I did find the EQ, and found many ways to turn the knobs, so to speak, but I can't even remotely understand how I would "cut 1k ~-1dB, 6k ~-.5dB, and 12k ~-1.5dB, leaving 3k untouched" even though it seems so easy as I type it, I have no idea what you are saying! I had to come back and tell you because I really, really feel stupid and like I should sell all my gear and give up.

I might actually just be going crazy.
once again, lost in all the noise

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: 4 stereo channel mixing
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2018, 08:24:19 PM »
If interested in any EQ tweaking, I found a slight EQ correction tamed the slight brightness in my brief listen to your sample .  I cut 1k ~-1dB, 6k ~-.5dB, and 12k ~-1.5dB, leaving 3k untouched to retain good vocal clarity.  My hand-waving- that's off-the-cuff, subjective, may be headphone dependant, etc, but its not out of line with what I find commonly helps 406x recordings.

Thanks, Gutbucket!
So just for fun I popped this sample into audacity and tried to make some sense of your notes, and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to do that. I'm sure I am missing some audio engineer speak. I did find the EQ, and found many ways to turn the knobs, so to speak, but I can't even remotely understand how I would "cut 1k ~-1dB, 6k ~-.5dB, and 12k ~-1.5dB, leaving 3k untouched" even though it seems so easy as I type it, I have no idea what you are saying! I had to come back and tell you because I really, really feel stupid and like I should sell all my gear and give up.

I might actually just be going crazy.

Jb63 try getting this book I think you will learn a few tricks
https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Post-Production-Your-Project-Studio/dp/1598634194

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com