Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: archive.org upload issues  (Read 1795 times)

chazwars

• Trade Count: (0)
archive.org upload issues
« on: February 01, 2008, 12:29:05 AM »
Hey crew,
  I am overwhelmed with trying to upload 1 show on archive.org. I have been searching everywhere on the net to get some help but can't seem to find anything. It seems I am the only one with these issues, though I don't really believe that.

browser: IE 7

I tried using Smartftp to upload the first time. I loaded all the tracks and it took over four hours to do about 2gig. Once this was finished, I clicked the "click here when finished". And, nothing loaded. Error codes: 250 OK and 200 TYPE popped up. I went to archive.org to search for my show. NOTHING.

So, I did the IE7 workaround to drag and drop. It takes about 45min for each track to load. I have had multiple "operation timed out" popping up at 1sec into upload all the way into 4hr of upload. Again, this is only 2gig.

It seems to work if I do a track at a time, but does this mean that I have to sit at my computer for 11 hours just to upload a show?

I really need some help with configuring my system to do archive.org uploads.

I am not an idiot with computers and that is the biggest frustration. I can't find any info on the FAQ/Forums to get help, I emailed etree at archive dot org and haven't gotten any response. and now I am just plan exhausted and frustrated.

I just wanna spread the tunes.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 12:32:37 AM by BodhiTaper »

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my list
Re: archive.org upload issues
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 12:55:59 AM »
2 gigs uploaded in 4 hours is pretty damn fast!  real fast actually. 

after they upload (use ftp) make sure they all uploaded completely. then download (right click, save/download) the "click here when finished".  it will save it to your harddrive (should be the same folder as the show).  then click on it.

Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline rowjimmytour

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My LMA bookmarks
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 01:17:56 AM »
Hey crew,
  I am overwhelmed with trying to upload 1 show on archive.org. I have been searching everywhere on the net to get some help but can't seem to find anything. It seems I am the only one with these issues, though I don't really believe that.

browser: IE 7

I tried using Smartftp to upload the first time. I loaded all the tracks and it took over four hours to do about 2gig. Once this was finished, I clicked the "click here when finished". And, nothing loaded. Error codes: 250 OK and 200 TYPE popped up. I went to archive.org to search for my show. NOTHING.

So, I did the IE7 workaround to drag and drop. It takes about 45min for each track to load. I have had multiple "operation timed out" popping up at 1sec into upload all the way into 4hr of upload. Again, this is only 2gig.

It seems to work if I do a track at a time, but does this mean that I have to sit at my computer for 11 hours just to upload a show?

I really need some help with configuring my system to do archive.org uploads.

I am not an idiot with computers and that is the biggest frustration. I can't find any info on the FAQ/Forums to get help, I emailed etree at archive dot org and haven't gotten any response. and now I am just plan exhausted and frustrated.

I just wanna spread the tunes.

Thanks.
LMA has had a load of problems lately and on Sunday and Monday when I uploaded my Butter show I had problems at first when I clicked on click here when finished. I had to wait and try a few times before it worked and I was able to get the file. I did not have this problem but others have experienced problems w/ the band drop down after you click here. Good luck and have patience it will work out just takes time.
Peace
Edit after I signed in to currate for LMA:
I saw you emailed LMA so I believe tyler or another adm. should be able to help but it might be faster/easier if you include file name. You might want to try and go to contribute center on the homepage on the left side and go to tasak that are not yet complete. Do you see your file? If you see the file click and this should start it up. If it doesn't try checking it out again and try again w/ click here.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 01:24:34 AM by rowjimmytour »
http://www.archive.org/bookmarNo
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe and saw

chazwars

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 10:02:15 AM »
2 gigs uploaded in 4 hours is pretty damn fast!  real fast actually. 

after they upload (use ftp) make sure they all uploaded completely. then download (right click, save/download) the "click here when finished".  it will save it to your harddrive (should be the same folder as the show).  then click on it.

Actually, it wasn't 2gig. I forgot it was in .flac format. It was 826mb.

Offline trajhip2000

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 12:25:37 PM »
I've been getting a lot of timeouts or dtopped connections or something on my uploads recently also. One thing that will keep you from having to reconnect every time or go to uploading individual tracks is the "Global Queue" function in SmartFTP - I could tell you how to use it, but there's actually a very nice tutorial on the SmartFTP site that would be preferable to my explanation...

Steve

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com