Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iZotope Rx 7  (Read 54222 times)

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: iZotope Rx 7
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2019, 12:27:35 PM »
didn't think so but was hoping I was missing something!  there should be an option to right click anything in history and remove just that edit.  oh well......

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but there is the action list on the bottom-right.  For example, a typical workflow for me in RX will be Declick > Gain > Spectral Denoise.  Each time I process / render one of those modules, it adds a step to that list.  If I want to go back to an earlier state in my processing sequence, I just go back and select it, and it recalls that state.

As long as you save your session with that file when you close RX, you should be able to access this recall list.

Obviously, once you export your processed file as a new file, you can't undo anything in that new file.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline EmRR

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
    • ElectroMagnetic Radiation Recorders
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2019, 12:31:34 PM »
I guess you can save module presets.  I haven’t played with the batch processing options, might save some steps there. 
Mics: DPA 4060 w/MPS 6030 PSU/DAD6001/DAD4099, Neumann KM 131, Oktava MK 012, Sennheiser MKH 105, MKH 20, MKH 30, MKH 40, MKH 800 TWIN
Recorders: Zoom F8n, Sony MZ-R50

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2019, 12:48:58 PM »
didn't think so but was hoping I was missing something!  there should be an option to right click anything in history and remove just that edit.  oh well......

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but there is the action list on the bottom-right.  For example, a typical workflow for me in RX will be Declick > Gain > Spectral Denoise.  Each time I process / render one of those modules, it adds a step to that list.  If I want to go back to an earlier state in my processing sequence, I just go back and select it, and it recalls that state.

Right but lets say I make 10 edit/renders in spectral.  If I wanted to undo the 1st one it would also undo the 9 after that.  I was hoping there was a way to undo an individual one from far down the list without having to undo everyone made after it. Hope that makes sense.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 12:54:52 PM by Gordon »
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • goes to 11
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2019, 01:03:13 PM »

Does anyone here use RX7 as plugins in a different program other than the Isotope editor?

I ran DeClick (as a VST plugin) on a file in Wavelab6 the other day and it introduced a 3 second gap of silence every five minutes in the resulting render. Went back and did it again with the other VST plugin that's included in WL6 and no problems. Weird since I've done this same thing several times with no artifacts.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline Gordon

• my list
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2019, 01:11:29 PM »

Does anyone here use RX7 as plugins in a different program other than the Isotope editor?

I ran DeClick (as a VST plugin) on a file in Wavelab6 the other day and it introduced a 3 second gap of silence every five minutes in the resulting render. Went back and did it again with the other VST plugin that's included in WL6 and no problems. Weird since I've done this same thing several times with no artifacts.

I used to but mostly do everything in the program.  I never had an issue in wavelab with the declick plugin.  I did find some plugins to not work correctly but declick with proper settings always did.
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

Offline admkrk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2019, 03:14:49 PM »

Right but lets say I make 10 edit/renders in spectral.  If I wanted to undo the 1st one it would also undo the 9 after that.  I was hoping there was a way to undo an individual one from far down the list without having to undo everyone made after it. Hope that makes sense.

Do you have access to the settings when you go back? If so, just mute it. That sounds too simple so probably not.
"the faster you go ahead, the behinder you get"

"If you can drink ram's piss, fuck, you can drink anything"

Offline voltronic

« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2019, 05:41:43 PM »

I can do exactly what you describe using the History in RX7.  Each effect that is Rendered becomes its own item that can be recalled later.
- Gustav Mahler

Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline EmRR

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2019, 05:43:50 PM »
I sometimes use it within Digital Performer but most of what i do sounds better done offline. 
Mics: DPA 4060 w/MPS 6030 PSU/DAD6001/DAD4099, Neumann KM 131, Oktava MK 012, Sennheiser MKH 105, MKH 20, MKH 30, MKH 40, MKH 800 TWIN

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2019, 10:05:11 PM »

a lot of times theats the software not seeing the plugins as registered/legit. the glitches are intentional. sound forge out of the box, the sonic foundry noise reduction plugin puts beeps every few seconds
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline Gordon

• my list
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2019, 08:15:58 AM »

I can do exactly what you describe using the History in RX7.  Each effect that is Rendered becomes its own item that can be recalled later.

Yes each one can be "recalled" later by clicking on it in history but again it also removes every edit done after that effect!  See screen shots as an example.  You cannot just remove one earlier edit without it wiping out everything done after that!  You can clearly see where some whistles etc were removed.  if I go back and undo the ones on the left the other edits are lost as well.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 08:41:51 AM by Gordon »

Offline voltronic

« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2019, 11:43:59 AM »

Yes each one can be "recalled" later by clicking on it in history but again it also removes every edit done after that effect!  See screen shots as an example.  You cannot just remove one earlier edit without it wiping out everything done after that!  You can clearly see where some whistles etc were removed.  if I go back and undo the ones on the left the other edits are lost as well.

Oh, I see what you're saying.  I mean, it's an edit history list, so of course it removes everything done after the earlier state you selected.

It would be cool if it worked the way you are suggesting, but I think that's asking a lot, IMO.
- Gustav Mahler

Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline EmRR

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2019, 07:15:17 PM »
De-Bleed, nope.

Point something like a wide cardioid straight down at the talkers around your stand.   Use it as the bleed source to subtract from your main mics......

You can't go very far with it, and it's a slow offline process, but it can make a difference.   Test for sound quality on a very small section before committing to any larger selection. 

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2020, 02:42:32 AM »
basic spectral repair vid

Mr Bungle FTW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2fJL8RngjY
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2020, 03:23:11 AM »
whistles are way up there, so fairly easy to remove w/out damage. You can use the rectangle select tool or brush select tool and the replace function.
whohoos I use brush select and attenuate at 2.7, usually twice on the base freq, and once on the first harmonic. For gnarly whistles, I've copied and pasted adjacent to the whistle for full removal w/out artifact. Used the rect select tool.
i wish there was a way to select a pattern and drag it over a selection and match up the pattern, maybe there is?

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2020, 08:21:59 AM »
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.093 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com