Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Laptop firewire card  (Read 6929 times)

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
Re: Laptop firewire card
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2004, 11:56:46 AM »
did you try changing the setting for the s/pdif out to be enabled? just like you owuld have had to do to allow s/pdif input right? just check the menu for the 410

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2004, 11:57:42 AM »
there, i bumped that thread for you with that program

it has like a 15 day trial also, which is good

silverbullet

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2004, 12:21:39 PM »
wow, I thought I would have to get a special DVD player.

I seem to remember reading a post that the new Wav Lab will burn 24/96 audio cds. Last time I looked into this I found discwelder but it was way too pricey. I'll do that search now that I don't have to worry about buying a new DVD player. Still would be nice to get my FW 410 to ouput a digital signal to my home stereo. What am I overlooking?

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2004, 12:53:45 PM »
i dont know what you could be overlooking if you have the output turned on in the 410 menu

wavelab 5 will definantly burn 24/96 dvd-a's, but you have to have a dvd player capable of playing dvd-a discs, which i dont

silverbullet

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2004, 04:39:04 PM »
I don't either  :P

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2004, 09:41:50 PM »
i have a pretty decent sony that plays dvd-/+r and dvd-r/w. and i actually hadnt tested dvd-a's in it, but im sure it would have specified on the box it played them wouldnt it? maybe not, maybe i should test it

silverbullet

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2004, 12:25:32 AM »
I probably should do the same. I have a Harmon Kardon DVD 50. I went to the HK website and it said none of their units play dvd-a discs  :( I doubt my Sony will.

What about regular computer DVDrom drives?

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2004, 12:27:32 AM »
im not real sure about comp dvd-rom drives...

that is a real good question because im getting ready to start using my pc in my playback gear. my new sony desktop came with an optical out stock

silverbullet

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2004, 12:31:49 AM »
Well, if I can burn dvd-a with Wave Lab then I would think I can play the dvd-a on the same computer.

come to think of it, when i was in panic mode trying to burn cds at the norva, I tried even using wave lab. It couldn't find my cd drive. I better look into that some more.

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2004, 12:38:02 AM »
i wish someone besides us with a little more dvd-a experience would stick thier head in here.... but i guess its just us ;)

ive never tried wavelab to burn anything, my first attempt will be dvd-a after the umph show friday

silverbullet

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2004, 02:24:40 AM »
good luck. Let us know how it turns out and what you used. I'll try and post some photos from The NorVa from the other day. Love the lappie. Gave the bands cds after the show.  :D

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2004, 02:32:26 AM »
thats nice to give the band cds right after the show

im headed to The Canopy Club in champaign illinois, basically on camput at Univ. of Illinois

my buddy Ben (BC here) wont go to the show with me, he dislikes umph, so hopefully il run his v3 if i can get ahold of him

il be sure and take a bunch of pics, i havent had a camera in this place since ive been taping

silverbullet

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2004, 03:42:51 AM »
I usually don't take photos of my rig but for this website I've been meaning to remember. Kind of wierd but ya know. Have fun at the show. I'll be taping another NorVa show next week. Kind of curious if I can capture video from my camera as well as audio. Burning a DVD video of a show before the night is over may take too long but pretty cool if I can pull it off. I'll give a shot and check my CPU usage.

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2004, 05:06:46 AM »
that would be pretty sweet to do! i dont ahve a camera, but if i did, this venue would def be the place to do it. everyone (staff) there is super cool, mostly college kids just out to see shows for free i think....

but the guys who manage the venue are super accomadating to tapers. and once in awhile if the badn is cool with it, they allow video to be ran... next time i see someone run vid il def get a copy and make a vid with my audio!

silverbullet

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2004, 05:21:31 AM »
I haven't run any of my mics into my camcorder yet. I've just been dubbing later at home. I need to check into running a signal into my vid camera and see out it turns out. I have some attenuators with 10,20, and 30 pads switches which I may need to use.

Burning audio cds only takes me about 5 minutes after a set. I usually get them done before the next band hits the stage.

Running a firewire from vid camera to lappie and capturing in mpg-2 or even maybe mpg-1 might be possible to later burn onto a DVD or CDR. Capturing in full dv mode avi files wouldn't make much sense. I can do that later at home from the video tape. I could just burn the mpeg data file for a band at the show. I know capturing video takes a lot of CPU usage so using just one computer for vid & audio might be pushing it. Good excuse to get another computer. Only thing left is to bring in a small printer for photos or album graphics. I already have a memory card reader for the dig. photos.

Back to this firwire 410. I'm sending in a dig signal from my V3. Can't I get an analog L/R channel from the 410? Maybe patch out to four other users.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.076 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com