Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audiophile 2496 issue  (Read 7125 times)

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my list
Re: Audiophile 2496 issue
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 09:37:51 AM »
glad to help buddy!  hope all is well with you!
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline BobbyHurley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • got a blank space where my mind should be
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 03:39:43 PM »
Last night I transferred a DAT recorded at 48k.  I set the Delta Control Panel to 48k and did the same for WaveLab.

This morning, on playback, it sounds like there is a serious echo on the recording. Almost sounds like its being played, with another layer a ms or so behind it.

Do I need to turn something off/mute in Delta Control Panel?
AKG C 480 B (CK61 and CK63) > Oade m248 > GAK cable > Sony M-10

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my list
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2011, 08:34:09 PM »
I haven't transferred a dat with mine in years but use it for playback everyday and it works great.  is the motherboards onboard audio (if it has it) disabled in the BIOS?  I doubt it would work at all if it wasn't but it's worth looking into.
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline dlh

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2011, 09:24:29 PM »
Last night I transferred a DAT recorded at 48k.  I set the Delta Control Panel to 48k and did the same for WaveLab.

This morning, on playback, it sounds like there is a serious echo on the recording. Almost sounds like its being played, with another layer a ms or so behind it.

Do I need to turn something off/mute in Delta Control Panel?
Sounds like latency in your monitoring chain.  First, try playing that file in something other than WaveLab.  If your echo is gone then you need to look for a monitoring setting in WaveLab or your output choices on the 2496 Control Panel.

I don't use WaveLab, but I do use Cubase.   It is possible to hear what you're describing depending on the combination of "monitor" button setting in Cubase and state of the "mixer" on my sound interface.
On the 2496 Control Panel, click the OUTPUT tab and check the setting of OUTPUT SOURCE near the bottom.  Try different choices for OUTPUT SOURCE.
Or try muting channels on your MIXER tab.  That Control Panel has changed over time and I may not be referring to exactly the same version as yours.
I no longer use my 2496 card but these are things I remember.

I'll bet the echo is not on the recorded file, just being reproduced by a combination of WaveLab monitoring and 2496 output.

Hope this helps some.
Dave
480b, 460b, Line Audio CM3, SP LSD2, AT BP4025, SP C4,
MiniMe, MiniMP, AND ANNOUNCING the recent adoption of a Mini-Dac. The little bro's are SO excited  :yahoo:

DR-680, DR-100 MKII, PMD671, fr2LE, MTII

De gustibus non est disputandum.
"It's just this little chromium switch here.  You people are soo superstitious."

Offline BobbyHurley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • got a blank space where my mind should be
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2011, 08:13:26 AM »
Thanks, Dave. That was it.
AKG C 480 B (CK61 and CK63) > Oade m248 > GAK cable > Sony M-10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com