Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Recommendation for Mic Configuration for specific room  (Read 5011 times)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: Recommendation for Mic Configuration for specific room
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2019, 04:47:56 PM »
Glad it helps.

On that last point, it's sort of more about what each mic picks up in aggregate across a region covering the front portion of it's pattern, and how much that overlaps with the other mic's front quadrant.  It's not really so much that a mic is pointed directly at the PA speaker, but rather that its front pickup quadrant begins picking up more other stuff in addition to the direct PA sound as it is turned off-axis.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline TheBishop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2019, 09:56:18 AM »
I went to the show last night and circumstances changed. I was allowed to setup wherever I wanted to. So this is where I was:

Here is a sample from the show, it is the encore of Sugar Magnolia: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PHqhiq13jTTJJR5ue7oRv6yAjhCS4LLE

Recording information:
Sennheiser ME40 at 90° spaced at 12cm Improved PAS.  Location was 18' from stage lip (I paced it off before the show), about 6' to the left of the center of the room, and mics were about 9.5' high.
ME40s>HD-P2

The only processing done on this sample is fade in and out, convert to 16 bit, and encode to FLAC.

It was an interesting night.  I will wait until after you've listened to the sample to fill you in.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 09:58:23 AM by TheBishop »

Offline TheBishop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2019, 03:59:22 PM »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.077 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com