Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How to tell if you are really at 48k and not just reading a header?  (Read 1506 times)

Offline setboy

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
Ok so I have done three shows with the UA5 at what I thought was 48k but now after reading this i'm not sure.

Question - do you know the real duration of the show?  What was the UA-5 set at when it was powered on? (changes to sampling rate on the UA-5 only occur after it's been power cycled).  If you start your JB3 before the UA-5 is feeding an optical signal, the JB3 will write a 48kHz header on the file no matter what you feed it, even though it's actually running at 44.1.  It will still record all the bits but mislabel the header.

When you're working, one way to spot resampling vs. header changes is the first takes processing time, the second is instantaneous.

I don't know if I started the ua5 or the jb3 first. anyway I can check to see what sample rate i really recorded? I have been looking in cool edit pro and audacity but can't find anything to check what it really is.

Ohh and i think that thing about turning the UA5 on before you turn on your JB3 should be in the UA5 faq's

Raphael

kskreider

• Trade Count: (0)

Offline setboy

Offline setboy

Re: How to tell if you are really at 48k and not just reading a header?
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 03:22:23 PM »
Sorry everyone, I'm still missing something. Is there anyway to tell ifi have the worng sample rate besides how it sounds? any program.

Thanks for any help.

I'll going do some more searching now

Offline setboy

Re: How to tell if you are really at 48k and not just reading a header?
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 05:35:52 PM »
I got it thanks for all the help

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com