Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audio-Technica BP4025 and Rycote BBG Basket Windshield  (Read 1802 times)

Offline gihl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Audio-Technica BP4025 and Rycote BBG Basket Windshield
« on: February 21, 2023, 07:33:53 AM »
The BP4025 does just fit into a Rycote BBG, but it's easy to press the body too far into the ball so that the head just touches the internal mesh with the obvious consequences!  Personally,  I find the supplied foam plus additional fur sock (AT BPF-2) a more practical compromise and, with a gloved and steady hand, noise-free recordings can be made.  The whole mic can then be stuffed in a jacket pocket when you're done.  But I live on a very windy island, and invariably find that a full windshield kit is a better solution, for which my (original) Rode blimp gets pressed into service.  So it becomes a fairly bulky solution, but less so than my spaced omni setup in two full windshields plus mounting bar & tripod...

I recently purchased an Audio-Technica BP4025 microphone.
I tried to fit it on a 21mm Rycote BBG Basket Windshield, but it was too tight. The microphone head touches the internal mesh.

I read this while looking for another solution.
I'm going to buy an Audio-Technica BPF-2 Universal Windshield soon and put it into the supplied foam windscreen(AT8172).

Anyway, I would like you to let me know if there is another Windshield that can replace BPF-2.
Also, I wonder if there is a replacement for the AT8172 foam windscreen.

Thanks.
BP4025, BP4029, Zoom F3

Offline gihl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Audio-Technica BP4025 and Rycote BBG Basket Windshield
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 12:29:41 PM »
I took out the rubber grommet that was inserted into the BBG and cut off the inner part about 5mm.
Now, BP4025 fits comfortably. :)
BP4025, BP4029, Zoom F3

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com