Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: GD new source seeding protocol??  (Read 4469 times)

Offline chrisdavis

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action....
    • DB Music List
GD new source seeding protocol??
« on: January 22, 2010, 01:48:01 PM »
OK, my OCD is flaring up again....amd if you didnt think im a huge dork before, this should clue you in...

Im about to do a bunch of Dead transfers for Trew Rickers.  this is my order of action:

transfer and prepare seed > apply for db.etree source Identification number > upload to LMA (with db ID # in the fileset name ie. gd1991-06-07.nak.rickers.xxxxxx.flac16) > upload to LL.

everybody agree with this?  Or should i up to LMA first, then apply for DB entry with LMA link?  my thinking is its better to upload to LMA with Proper Identifier...

Team Dirty South Coastal Division: Getting Shut Down since 2007.

"Hey, are you the Z-Man?"
-local fan, Artie Crisp (Pour House - 8/28/08)

mics: 4 x Peluso cemc6 (ck2, ck4, ck21, ck41) : Nakamichi cm100/cp4 : SP-C4's (omni/card) : CA-11 card (Trego)
pres: BMp2+ UA-5 : Sound Device MP-2: EAA PSP-2 : CA-9000
recorders: Tascam DR-680 : MT-II : Sony PCM M-10 : Tascam DA20-mkII

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/chrisdavis
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/chrisdavistransfers

Offline Walstib62

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: GD new source seeding protocol??
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 01:51:02 PM »
I thought LMA was not accepting GD anymore(?)

Offline chrisdavis

• DB Music List
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 01:56:30 PM »
I thought LMA was not accepting GD anymore(?)

:kicks dirt:

eta:  yup, you are correct:

At this time, the Grateful Dead collection is not open to public uploads.

maybe the powers that be will decide to up some of these gems...for now, they can be found on LL...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 02:06:18 PM by chrisdavis »

mics: 4 x Peluso cemc6 (ck2, ck4, ck21, ck41) : Nakamichi cm100/cp4 : SP-C4's (omni/card) : CA-11 card (Trego)

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 02:08:20 PM »
db.etree entry number first then spread seems to be the norm.

Don't know squat about the LMA ramifications, I thought it was just no boards and that audience tapes were kosher or did bobby get hemroids again and change his mind?
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline datbrad

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 02:32:06 PM »

Don't know squat about the LMA ramifications, I thought it was just no boards and that audience tapes were kosher or did bobby get hemroids again and change his mind?

I heard it was Rhino's call, as they have the license to their live catalog now. Weir does not have the ability to make decisions for the entire band anyway, and I really don't know why that story about him being the sole reason SBDs were moved to streaming only still has legs, frankly. It was a full band decision.

AKG C460B w/CK61/CK63>Luminous Monarch XLRs>SD MP-1(x2)>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD661(Oade WMOD)

Beyer M201>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD561 (Oade CMOD)

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 03:36:51 PM »
If you torrent something, Matt Vernon will upload it to the LMA with the proper naming convention. No need to apply for the shnid# first unless you want your torrent folder to go out properly named (and there's something to be said for that).
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline bgreen

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Live music taper and archivist
    • Live Music Preservation Project
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 03:56:30 PM »
No need to apply for the shnid# first unless you want your torrent folder to go out properly named (and there's something to be said for that).

speaking as an LL admin, it's certainly preferable to have the shnID prior to seeding. I wish it were a mandatory prerequisite to uploading myself. There are a lot of cool features at LL that use the shnID to link (LLbase) and the etree links on the front page.

A lot of us super anal folks that organize folders use the shnID in the naming convention like you have above to help sort too not to mention it helps folks identify which source is which easily just by looking at the folder if it contains the shnID.

My vote is shnID, then spread please  :)

anxious to hear what you have!!

Offline chrisdavis

• DB Music List
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 04:02:39 PM »
first seed.  gd1991-06-07.nak.rickers.105581.flac16

http://shnflac.net/details.php?id=f7490e38a99dcb70bc83bd83464a0dacfe80825b

suppose i should throw this in kickdown...

Offline tilomagnet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 01:59:49 PM »
If you torrent something, Matt Vernon will upload it to the LMA with the proper naming convention. No need to apply for the shnid# first unless you want your torrent folder to go out properly named (and there's something to be said for that).

FWIW, I think new (AUD only?) sources get upped to the LMA again quite soon once they are seeded... I dl'ed a couple new '85 aud sources last week from LL and they are already on the LMA as well. So yes, no public uploads, but the LMA gets updated with new Dead sources by the admins again I think.

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 07:43:21 PM »

FWIW, I think new (AUD only?) sources get upped to the LMA again quite soon once they are seeded... I dl'ed a couple new '85 aud sources last week from LL and they are already on the LMA as well. So yes, no public uploads, but the LMA gets updated with new Dead sources by the admins again I think.

Depends on where you seed, but yes, that's generally right. Most of the stuff I seed on etree goes up within a week but there has been stuff on dime or TTD or other sites that takes longer to get on Matt's radar.
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

stevetoney

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 09:41:44 PM »

I heard it was Rhino's call, as they have the license to their live catalog now. Weir does not have the ability to make decisions for the entire band anyway, and I really don't know why that story about him being the sole reason SBDs were moved to streaming only still has legs, frankly. It was a full band decision.

No way for me to know the truth, but I heard that without Bob pushing it, the rest of the band probably wouldn't have cared one way or the other.  Bob was the one that came up with this 'we gotta make a living' crap. 

Besides, Bobby's just a ____ (fill in your own adjective) and it's easy to blame him for stuff like this because he's so clueless when it comes to ____ (again fill in the blank...because there's sooo much that Bobby is clueless about.)

Finally, some people are just fun to rag on and Bobby's one of them...   >:D

« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 09:44:35 PM by tonedeaf »

Offline setboy

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2010, 10:08:47 PM »
Quote from: tonedeaf link=topic=131411.msg1727484#msg1727484   Bob was the one that came up with this 'we gotta make a living' crap. 
[/quote

So when did making a living become crap.  ::)

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 10:17:23 PM »
Finally, some people are just fun to rag on and Bobby's one of them...   >:D

that was pretty much the entire reason for my jab.  :P
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

stevetoney

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 10:40:54 PM »

when did making a living become crap.  ::)

...when Bobby made the statement in relation to withdrawing all Grateful Dead recordings from public domain...only to later recant after the maelstrom and make it just the SBDs.

I thought it was especially ironic given that Bobby pretty much spent his entire life riding Jerry's coattails...and so with this statement it seems he has to continue even after Jerry's gone.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 11:54:02 PM by tonedeaf »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com