Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

Transferring cassettes on Mac OS

<< < (6/6)

RyanJ:
I've found my newer Macs to be a PITA when it comes to using any sort of USB interface when it comes to connecting audio. Some aren't even recognized and won't record anything less than 44.1 kHZ (I had some LP DATs). I ran around for months before just coming down and using a Marantz PMD 671 to transfer the tapes to. Then copy it from the CF card.

GroundHog420:
Hi all - It looks like I'm a tad late to this thread already, but all I was going to offer was the solution that a few others have suggested - using a recording unit and then off-loading the files into the computer. I've been using my trusty Edirol R-04 as a cassette transfer interface for years now, and then when the built-in drive starts to fill up, I just transfer the files to the computer via a USB cable. The only difference in my case is that I've got an offline PC dedicated for audio processing, as I'm not really a fan of the audio software available for Macs; but hey, that's just my personal preference. Good luck with your transfers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version