Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

Need a new copy of Toast. Can anyone help! :)

(1/2) > >>

OldNeumanntapr:
Greetings all,

Ever since we upgraded the OS on our iMac to Mojave (10.14.6) I have been unable to use my old version of Toast.
A friend in Boston sent me a hard drive with over 400 gigs of Grateful Dead video and I cannot even view any of it without a program.
On a budget and really didn't want to have to spend $100 or more for a new copy.

Can anyone help?

Currently home from work on Family Leave & Care Act to take care of my wife who broke both of her feet in a fall down our back steps.

Glad to send out anything from my list via Wetransfer.com.

Thanks,

ONT-
https://etreedb.org/Oldneumanntapr

morst:

--- Quote from: OldNeumanntapr on July 09, 2020, 03:22:56 PM ---Greetings all,
Ever since we upgraded the OS on our iMac to Mojave (10.14.6) I have been unable to use my old version of Toast.
A friend in Boston sent me a hard drive with over 400 gigs of Grateful Dead video and I cannot even view any of it without a program.
On a budget and really didn't want to have to spend $100 or more for a new copy.

--- End quote ---
Are they disc images?
I think the .TOAST files might be able to be renamed as .ISO or perhaps .DMG and read with any OS?
Try that, then try opening the discs in VLC?

*NOTE: Changing a Toast disc image's file extension from ".toast" to ".iso" may allow the file to be opened by Windows disc authoring programs as well as Apple's Disk Utility software. However, compatibility is not guaranteed.

OldNeumanntapr:
I have no idea. The files I want to burn to DVD are all video files, so I can offload them from the external hard drive and free up space. They were sent to me on another hard drive.

morst:

Sorry I didn't read carefully, I thought you required TOAST to open files with the .TOAST extension.
--- Quote from: OldNeumanntapr on July 09, 2020, 03:22:56 PM ---400 gigs of Grateful Dead video and I cannot even view any of it without a program.

--- End quote ---
Let me know the file types and I can work with you on these. But for now, can you open any of them in VLC?
https://www.videolan.org/index.html

TheMetalist:
I don't know anything about Apple computers but when searching around I found that you can see/open Toast files with Unknown Apple II File.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version