Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: paper towels and ns-10s  (Read 2839 times)

Offline woodybear

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Acrobatic Audio
paper towels and ns-10s
« on: February 12, 2007, 08:57:33 PM »
i just went into a real studio for the first time today to discuss doing some independent work and they had paper towels taped over the hf drivers on the ns-10s. the guy told me it was normal and that it was an industry standard. i can understand the fact that they may be a little bright but paper towels???

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: paper towels and ns-10s
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 09:06:52 PM »
Yep this is the industry standard for the NS-10 monitors. They are bright around 3.5k the paper towel helps dampen that down a bit.. I prefer bounty my self but some like Scott's.. I have always been a bounty guy.. :) So yes nothing to worry about Yamaha did not want paper towel on there new monitors so I guess they left that part out...

Chris Church
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Evil Taper

• Going pro...no time for taping now
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 09:34:05 PM »
ns-10s are standards because they sound like shit.  so if you make your mix sound sick on the ns-10s it'll sound good on everything else.
Really not very evil at all now...

Offline woodybear

• Taperssection Regular
    • Acrobatic Audio
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 06:06:09 AM »
thanks for clearing that up chris. sweet lookin strat in your avatar. what year?

Yep this is the industry standard for the NS-10 monitors. They are bright around 3.5k the paper towel helps dampen that down a bit.. I prefer bounty my self but some like Scott's.. I have always been a bounty guy.. :) So yes nothing to worry about Yamaha did not want paper towel on there new monitors so I guess they left that part out...

Chris Church

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
    • my recordings on LMA
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 07:26:05 AM »
thanks for clearing that up chris. sweet lookin strat in your avatar. what year?

pretty sure that's a NEW 60th anniversary edition!
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 11:12:14 AM »

Chris Church

That is a 2006 Fender 60th anniversary strat.. I love this guitar it sounds like a wet dream. The body is once piece. Very strange for Fender the pickups sound amazing. I have never had a better sounding start. I might upload a sample or two. I have gone thru about 4 of these until I found this one.

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
    • my recordings on LMA
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 11:18:01 AM »
truly a beautiful instrument!
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 11:36:31 AM »
I had one that looked exactly like that... but it was an '84 American - nothing special.  Same finish and pick guard.   Now I have only my blue '87 American... sounds soooooo good. 

Strats rule your face!
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 11:46:56 AM »
I had one that looked exactly like that... but it was an '84 American - nothing special.  Same finish and pick guard.   Now I have only my blue '87 American... sounds soooooo good. 

Strats rule your face!

87 is one of the first years Fender made guitars in the US again after the closing in late 85/86 They transferred production to Japan for a while.. That guitar was one of the first made in the US when they reopened the management of the company bought fender from the owners because they did not want it anymore. Then the quality went right back up. to the same standards as 1982. That is a guitar I would hold on too. Its got history. You should take the neck off and see what the date says on it. You can also date by serial number but its not as accurate as the neck date.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com