Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Recommendations for stealth windscreens for Schoeps MK4?  (Read 1425 times)

Offline loughney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • YouTube show clips
Recommendations for stealth windscreens for Schoeps MK4?
« on: September 18, 2023, 12:00:38 AM »
For outdoor gigs, I notice some occasionally wind noise and wondering if there are any preferred winscreens for Schoeps MK4 caps. I like to keep them under my hat, but noticed that there's a definate uptick in windy conditions in the San Francisco Bay area, and wondering what people use to deal with wind when stealth taping outdoors.

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't ask, don't tell, don't get get caught
Re: Recommendations for stealth windscreens for Schoeps MK4?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2023, 08:01:46 PM »
I have a pair of Schoeps windscreens but never use them.  Found some cheap ones on Amazon/Ebay that work in a hat.  Nothing fancy but helps just enough.

Online guitard

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2023, 08:09:52 PM »
I don't use windscreens (or haven't had to yet), but I've been told these work for MK41s:

https://www.movophoto.com/products/wst-premium-ballistic-nylon-windscreen

Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2023, 09:36:53 AM »
Switch to big fluffy wig or fur hat
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline jb63

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • Taperssection Member
  • if not now when?
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2023, 09:45:21 AM »

https://www.movophoto.com/products/wst-premium-ballistic-nylon-windscreen

These are great outside and reasonable cheap.
I bought a pair, cut them exactly in half, and used them in conjunction with the cardboard visor part of my kangol-style hat and then packed enough foam around to insulate and cover up the look. Its not graceful and it depends upon how you position the mics and the size of you hat but the MK5s fit in there pointing where I want and its saved me from the windiest venue in town, Red Butte Garden.
once again, lost in all the noise

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2023, 09:29:00 AM »
Bay Area camouflage.  Only problem will be the incongruence of standing still while wearing that and not dancing wildly.

Funny the listing for it doesn't specify concert functionality, while the plain dark version of it does, and while it specifically mentions the disco/rainbow wig has no odour apparently the plain dark version is brand new.

About this item:
100% Brand New
High Quality: 100% high-quality high-temperature synthetic fiber,which is very suitable for long term use Wig color may vary due to different monitor or lights
Wig color may vary due to different monitor or lights
Function: Perfect for Halloween wig, concerts, theme parties, weddings, dating, and any other occasion
Package Included: Wig X 1
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com