Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 16Gb CF fix for HDP2 in the works?  (Read 9095 times)

Offline spzkt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: 16Gb CF fix for HDP2 in the works?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 03:33:52 PM »
The only issue with 1.06 I've come across so far is that if I mount a CF using Firewire Dock then eject from the Mac desktop the HDP2 consistently shows [no media]. With 1.05 the HDP2 would recognise and remount  the CF 75-80% of the time.

I've reported the above issue to tascam europe support - Tascam US don't even acknowledge the existence of the update on their site so I don't expect they'll have much of a clue about issues with it  >:D

I haven't tested with 16Gb+ CF but I'm on the lookout for "reasonably priced" options.

cheers
Paul

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 07:34:37 PM »
I installed the new firmware yesterday. The 8gb limit never bothered me a bit, but of course now I'm looking for a reasonably priced 16gb or larger card.

Hey bud let me know how it goes for you......  8gb has been fine for me too...   but if I find a decently priced 16gb card, maybe I'll give 24/96 a shot.  I've been happy with 24/48, but with the exception of HD storage space on the PC....  why not eh?

I haven't had any firmware issues, so I'm hesitant to change.....

All tests with my 8gb card show the deck handling and responding as it always has. I tried Firewire to PC and had no issues, but typically I just use a card reader anyway as it is much faster. My settings and performance seem exactly the same, so until I find a 16 gb nicely priced card, that is the most update I can give.

I never cared a bit about the 8gb limitation as 24/48 seemed fine to me. I have such a great comfort level with the deck, that I have no desire to change to any other deck. I can set up and break down with my eyes closed. BUT assuming the firmware allows good results with a larger card, I may as well go to 24/96 and see what happens. heck, there once was a time I thought I'd never go to 24 bit, and now, I'd never go back...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 07:36:34 PM by dallman »
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline spzkt

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 01:47:48 AM »
I should be getting a Sandisk Ultra 16gb cf tomorrow so hopefully I'll get a chance to test it out over the weekend.  I was running with the Ultra II 8gb last week and had no troubles with the firmware.  I was using mono and stereo templates, and had recorded a 90minute dawn chorus at 24/88.2 with no hitches. As far as I can tell the deck is as solid with 1.06 as it was  with 1.05 - at least with 8gb cards.

cheers
Paul

Offline yug du nord

• ...til things never seen seem familiar…
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • made with natural flavor
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 03:49:58 AM »
I should be getting a Sandisk Ultra 16gb cf tomorrow so hopefully I'll get a chance to test it out over the weekend.  I was running with the Ultra II 8gb last week and had no troubles with the firmware.  I was using mono and stereo templates, and had recorded a 90minute dawn chorus at 24/88.2 with no hitches. As far as I can tell the deck is as solid with 1.06 as it was  with 1.05 - at least with 8gb cards.

cheers
Paul

thanks for the update...
.....got a blank space where my mind should be.....

Offline spzkt

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 06:05:10 AM »
The 16Gb card finally turned up this morning and the HDP2 has been recording the sounds of the "backyard" (aka local park) at 24/192.

I was able to record with no problems until the disc filled at around 3hrs 50min so it seems like the 8Gb limit is definitely fixed.

cheers
Paul

Offline Taper Jeff

• Taperssection Regular
  • Live LIVE
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2010, 11:35:28 PM »
Yeah, I was checking Tascam USA...silly me...It would have been nice to know about this over a year ago when they posted it on their European site.
Well I'm glad I finally have it now...I've had a Kingston 16GB card I bought in Dec. 2008!
I just installed it today...if I have any issues with it on this card I'll report back here so no news is good news.

I've posted this to the HDP2 Team Board also but just so this thread is brought to a welcome conclusion I'll post the news here too. It's unfortunate the source most of us check for updates is still showing 1.05 as current -- TASCAM USA has been asleep at the wheel on this issue.

I discovered yesterday that the 1.06 firmware update was released at the start of December 2009 with a single feature enhancement:

<code>For Version 1.06 Software
New Features
Media with capacities of more than 8 GB can now be used for recording and playback.</code>

The update can be downloaded from www.tascam.de/en:

1.06 Firmware:
http://www.tascam.de/sw/hd-p2/HD-P2_v106.zip

1.06 Release Notes:
http://www.tascam.de/sw/hd-p2/HD-P2_v106.pdf

and an updated Tested Media List which includes three tested 16gb cards:

http://www.tascam.de/en/docs/HD-P2_TestedMedia_EN.pdf

I've installed the update successfully but don't have any 16Gb cards on hand to test.

cheers
Paul
(2x) AKG C 480 B (ck61s, ck63s) > Zaolla Silver Mic Cables > //OR//
(2x) TOA K1 cards > Zaolla Silver Mic Cables > //OR//
(2x) TOA YMM cards > KY's > Dasilvapath remotes > power modules> //
Lunatec V3 > Tascam HD-P2

>:D "If recording is outlawed, only outlaws will record" >:D

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=taper:%22Taper+Jeff%22

Offline Kevin Straker

• The Shogun of Easley
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2010, 02:49:56 PM »
About 2 years too late!

This exactly the reason I bought a 722. 8GB is not anywhere near enough space, unless you don't tape much or want to reformat the card after each show.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 02:52:21 PM by Kevin Straker »
People on ludes should not drive...
J. Spicoli

mk4,mk21>kc5>cmc6>V3>SD722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com