Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Can anyone help me with a simple step by step how to for making a flac disc?  (Read 10498 times)

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
no need to if your SBE box is checked in frontend, but it wouldnt hurt just to make sure
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline Tye

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • No news is good gnews without Gary Gnu
no need to if your SBE box is checked in frontend, but it wouldnt hurt just to make sure
You mean the "Align sector boundry" box right?
 I was just curious because right when frontend  is done with the last track it says something to the effect of " Info: 42 zero samples have been appended"  what is that about?
Peluso cemc6/ck-21/ck-4 > Karma K10mp > Hydra's > Sound Devices MP-2> Buman T mod R4 - R9HR

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
I'd say neither...do it by *set*. Otherwise you'll get a split-second of the first set at the beginning of the second. Usually not a big deal if you have fade in/fade out, and it's such a tiny fraction of a second it doesn't really matter, but that's how to do it right, I'd say. :)
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
Another suggestion, if I may:

Make a WAV MD5 before compression so that if someone ever for some reason switches the FLACs over to SHN, or if there are any questions with the FLAC FFP or MD5, the WAV MD5 will take care of it.

I use FLAC and SHN interchangeably, depending on what my mood is at the time.  But I've gotten in the habit of making WAV MD5s.  I don't quite trust the internal check on FLAC and I'm not a fan of the FFP.  I also don't like making FLAC MD5s, because I remember something about most ETREEers not liking that...  But whatever, it all works... 

And yeah, Mike Wren should be able to tell us, but I'm pretty sure the SBE fixer on Frontend now works just fine.  I end up using SHNTOOLs, though.

And DNSacks suggestion that you trim the first and last 0.01 sec off your recording in CDWave is key!!!  This further prevents SBEs and is just good habit - nice clean ends...

Godd luck,

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline dnsacks

• Taperssection All-Star

is 0.01 sec, enough off the end, pertaining to a sbe?  i don't know the numbers off hand but should we trim more?

Actually, .01 second could potentially not be enough since sector boundaries occur at 1/75th of a second intervals.

Regardless, since cdwave only will cut on sector boundaries, any cut/track split you make using cdwave will be on a sector boundary.  Thus, cut as close as you want to the end, cdwave will make that cut on sector boundaries and if you instruct it to not save the stuff after the last track you want, the last track will be cut on sector boundaries. 

Offline dnsacks

• Taperssection All-Star
thanx for the explanation darrin, above was the figure i couldn't pull out of my brain.  ;D

+T

Tim

Tim -- this required a bit of google searching on my end

Offline dnsacks

• Taperssection All-Star
busted :)

Seriously, I knew the time interval between sector boundaries was VERY minimal after Jay Ashley's bitching about how aligning on sector boundaries would eliminate his creative/artistic control over tracking was thoroughly debunked a while back.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.091 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com