Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: anyone have speakers they want to sell?  (Read 5471 times)

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
anyone have speakers they want to sell?
« on: December 19, 2006, 05:40:59 PM »
so...whats available for pickin's in here?
didn't someone have a nice pair of maggies they wanted to sell me?

Offline Stagger

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Yep I'm selling my 722-Wife always wins in the end
Re: anyone have speakers they want to sell?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 05:53:02 PM »
Want some Fabers? Gona sell mine and get Focal 1027be's Was going to wait till I was a bit further into the points for product contest but what the heck?  ;)
Selling: SD 722
Current Setup: AKG c34 > S42 > Kimber Hero > DR-680

Nikon D7000, SB-700, Nikkor 18-200 f3.5-5.6, Nikkor 50 f1.8D, Sigma 10-20 f3.5, and way too many do-dads to list...

Playback: Denon DVD3910>Audio Experiences Symphonies Tube Pre [Electro-Harmonix/12AX7 Gold Pin ]>Rogue 88 Amplifier [Genalex Gold Lion KT88s, ultralinear]>Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home & Martin Logan Depth i - AudioQuest Jaguar and CV-8 DBS cable, Panamax M7500Pro conditioner.

Offline Nick's Picks

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 06:32:23 PM »
probably out of my current price range.  whatcha want for them?

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 06:34:55 PM »
No speakers here.  But if you wanna buy your DNA-1 back, just lemme know.  :P
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Nick's Picks

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 06:50:16 PM »
dang.
:)

I'm negotiating w/someone who has some Martin Logan Sequel IIs FS in Jersey, and can't ship.  I'm trying to see if he'll meet me in Providence.  If so...I could get them in the $600-800 range.  way too good a deal to pass up.

of course, my amp wont drive them, so then I'll have more work to do.

Offline Stagger

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 08:00:10 PM »
2K or so +shipping. As you might guess they are mint. Not a scratch, nick, or ding. I have the original boxes.

Nikon D7000, SB-700, Nikkor 18-200 f3.5-5.6, Nikkor 50 f1.8D, Sigma 10-20 f3.5, and way too many do-dads to list...

Playback: Denon DVD3910>Audio Experiences Symphonies Tube Pre [Electro-Harmonix/12AX7 Gold Pin ]>Rogue 88 Amplifier [Genalex Gold Lion KT88s, ultralinear]>Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home & Martin Logan Depth i - AudioQuest Jaguar and CV-8 DBS cable, Panamax M7500Pro conditioner.

Offline Nick's Picks

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 08:01:02 PM »
too much.
how about $750?

Offline Nick's Picks

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 08:11:11 PM »
i'm leaning towards Maggie 1.6 and a pathos "classic one"
unfortunately, i'm about $1.5k+ short for that to come true.

Offline Stagger

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 08:19:50 PM »
too much.
how about $750?

Sure I'll send you the floor spikes and one driver each side ;D

Offline Invisible

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 09:43:45 PM »
How about these:

Alon

Cary Audio Silver Oak

Avalon

Offline Invisible

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 09:50:47 PM »
Sorry...

Avalon

Cary Audio Design Silver Oak Model III

Offline Stagger

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 11:00:33 PM »
Those Alons flip me out like Vandersteins in that when you take down the speaker cloth it looks like a woman taking off pantyhose... I hope they immage better than Vanderstiends though (I'm sure they do!)  ;D. Carl had a set of 3s I believe and he and I spent at least 2 days trying to gent them right and he spent many more on his own than that before selling his. I do have to say that of all the speakers I have heard lately the Martin Logan Vantages (X Stat panel with powered woofers) are the best immagers Ih ave heard for (well) under the 9-11K region. They throw a huge soundstage and are suprisingly forgiving of most any source material, even when driven with all Krell electronics. Unlike all other ML speakers I heard before the Vantage and Summits, the woofers and stats integrate quite well and effortlessly fill a room with no signs of streight or beaming on the pannel. If any of you are looking to spend about 5K on speakers, you really should hear them. They are actually quite a bargin given what they can do. Granted I'm buying Focals when I actually selll my speakers but that has as much to do with the dealer pricing between the companies as anything ellse (i.e. Focal *really* wants us to have their speakers) but the 1027be are...well...not bad  ;)

Nick, I know you have owned Maggies in the past but I just cant get into them. Perhapse I haven't heared them powered right but my friend has a much older version of the current 20.1 (the flagship). Given his are 10-15 years old but still they always have that crinkled metal sound in the very high end that has always driven me nuts about those. He has had them powered by a bunch of stuff but we are going to try bringing my Rogue over and see it some tubes can tame the top end. One thing you should hear, even though it may be a bit out of your range, is the Gallo Nucleus Ref 3 (rev 2). This is a speaker that really does live up to all the hype it got 1-2 years ago. If you get the optional sub amp to power the second voice coil... man watch out! The pizeo tweeter, when I heard them driven by Parasound JC-1s (Yes it is much more amp than speaker but that what was in the room) had no hint of ring or crunch. Beautiful on live recordings or close mic chamber music alike. I have seen em on The Gon for as low at 1300.00 for rev 1s. 

Offline Nick's Picks

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 06:57:53 AM »
Maggies can intoxicate the listener in a special way, and the big projection of a panel really does good things for the recreation of a PA, imo.  Granted, i'm back to "one good seat" with these, but its such a good seat.  Presentation and projection is more important to me than purity of tone, so little nuances can be lived with when there are positive trade offs.  Maggies offer that to me.

a medium sized pair driven by a nice amp (like the pathos) would be pretty sweet.  The stupid Sony sub I bought w/the dual 10' drivers has actuallly broken into a pretty decent little sub, and I think it is fast enough to handle a pair of panels.

we'll see.   I'm going to save up some scratch and see what my choices become in the 12-1500 range.  Maybe some VR2s will materialize.

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 08:53:00 AM »
http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1169228322

The only thing that sucks there is the local pickup in central FL only.  Good deal though.
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.16 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com