Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

More V3/MME comparsison tapes

(1/2) > >>

the yokel:
I did a V3/MME standalone comp this weekend @ KW in Denver & just thought i'd share it with those that are interested.  Didn't have any XLR y cables so these are set for set comps.  i have my own opinions but would like to hear your guys's as well.  Email me if your interested in hearing them, or i'm uploading them to Johnny's FTP right now if you'd preffer to get them there.  

Info:
FOB 8th row slightly right of center.  MBHO kh500/603a's & Neumman KM184's on the same stand with the MBHO's being 4" higher & roughly the same angle & spacing.

1st set: MBHO kh500/603a's(FOB:DIN)>V3>P1
2nd set: MBHO kh500/603a's(FOB:DIN)>MME>M1

1st set: Neumman KM184's(FOB:DIN)>MME>M1
2nd set: Neumman KM184's(FOB:DIN)>V3>P1

plucks:
what is your opinion on them?  It's nice you were able to use 2 different mics and switch em each set!
Phil

the yokel:
Well, i've been real busy & haven't had time to give them a real good listen.  From listening during the transfer i liked them both for different reasons.  The low end in the MME is just awesome, & the V3's highs are quite amazing.  I'm gonna be followin' KW for rest of the week so i'll post more in depth opinions when i get back & have time to listen more carefully.  My friend that was runnin' the MBHO>V3 will be in St. Louis, so we'll probably run some more comps then too.  

jpschust:
guys these are on my server :-)

plucks:
whats your server?
Phil

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version