Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

New Sound Devices 302

<< < (2/3) > >>

hippies:
i agree.   ;)

Stumptown Matt:
Actually the price seems right on.  If you figure the MP-2 is $625 and is two channel, then it's about $313 per channel so $939 for the three channels plus a little extra for the cool new level meters ;).  I think micsupply is taking pre orders and their price is just over a grand. :o

jpschust:
I'm not a huge fan of the mp-2 myself, i guess it seems difficult for me to justify a 1000+ expendeture just to get that extra channel.... i mean if i was gonna spend that much to get three channels (mind you running 3 channels makes it somewhat hard to stealth) i'd just get two v2s.  Built as well with IMHO better sound than the MP-2.

Jonny

BCostigan:
OK....I could be retarded but how would you get a good 3 mic mix with 2 V2s???   The only thing I can come up with is that the third mic would only be on the left or right channel and not mixed to both....what am I missing? ???

plucks:
SD products are great for the $$.  I havent heard anything bad from a SD tape.  You can take the MP-2 apart and put it in an Altoid container...talk about stealth!!  
Phil

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version