Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

New Sound Devices 744T and 722 HD recorders

(1/5) > >>

jlykos:
Pulled this off the Sonic Sense web site.  Ideal!  Only issue is price.

http://www.sonicsense.com/744t.htm

744T Features: (Subject to Change)
--4 Track - Bit Accurate Hard Drive Recorder (supports up to 24bit/96kHz)
--Removable 40 GB 2 1/2" Hard Drive (replaceable with drives up to 60 GB+)
--Compact Flash Card Slot (up to 2 GB+) (Excellent for when Shock Resistance is needed, ie Film Industry)
--Record to Hard Drive and Flash Cards Simultaneously
--Inputs 1 & 2 are Full Size XLR Mic/Line Inputs (Switchable 48 volt Phantom Power and Vairable Gain Control)
--Inputs 3 & 4 are TA3F Analog or AES/EBU or SPDIF (Switchable)
--Word Clock Input and Output
--Outputs are 2 (L/R) TA3F Analog (Mic/Line), AES/EBU, SPDIF (Daisy Chainable over Digital I/O's)
--Built in Time Code Generator for Ambient
--Direct Headphone monitoring via 1/8" stereo mini (with variable volume control)
--Release 1 Firewire allows direct connection to laptop or computer (744T or 722 acts as external Harddrive)
--Release 2 will allow for recording over the Firewire Port (Release 1 buyers can purchase upgrade when available)
--Roughly the size of a USBPre (Small Brick)
--Supports the following formats (.wav, .mp3, broadcast wave)
--ProTools compatible
--Uses Rechargeable Camcorder Lithium Batteries good for approximately 3 hours of use
--External DC via Hirose connector (locking 4-pin) 5-18 volts
--Cost will be approximately $4000.00 (subject to change)

722 Features: (Subject to Change)
--Same as above but 2 tracks only (Use the analog inputs or one of the digital inputs - not both simultaneously)
--No built in Time Code
--Cost will be approximately $2000.00 (subject to change)

creekfreak:
yikes, $4000 and then $2000 :o, damn.....guess I will still look to the PDA deal

nickgregory:
I tend to agree with some other opinions that I have heard....let all the gear sluts get this thing first, then let some other manufacturers come out with their versions.  Last thing I want to be is a $2000 guinea pig.

Nick

creekfreak:
I know what you mean, I did spend close to $1500 for a da-p1, but when I bought it, it was a proven pievce of high end gear....these prices suprise me coming from SD, but the features are nice.

F.O.Bean:
i agree w/ mike on the dat thing....i will use one till they make no more tapes.... ;D

bean

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version