Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Roland R-07, Part 2  (Read 44152 times)

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
Roland R-07, Part 2
« on: February 28, 2019, 04:13:06 PM »
It is time for a new thread, Part 2:

Here is the first thread: New Roland R-07 (the best successor to Roland R-05 and Sony M10?)

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=184906.0
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Maplewood, MN
Re: Roland R-07, Part 2
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 04:30:06 PM »

:cheers:
hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 10:57:46 PM »
hey dallman your link at end of other thread is bunk and prompts a post window
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline TheMetalist

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Sverige/Sweden/Suède
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 05:08:17 AM »
Cool. Nice that it became so popular.

Tried to change the subject in the old thread to 'Roland R-07, Part 1' but it seems like it's allready locked.
"The music is your passport - Your magic key - To all the madness that awaits you." B.L. '86

Offline rodeen

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Harmonica Man!
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 03:21:18 PM »

That link work fine for me.
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"
[LMA]: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22odeen%22&sort=-date

Offline one8ung

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 08:45:09 AM »

Same...
Mics: Countryman B3 - DPA 4061

Power: CA-UBB - SP-SPSB-10

Recorders: Tascam DR-2d (4x)

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 02:09:30 AM »
just reread last thread top to bottom

edtyre putting on a smackdown clinic!
 :yack:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 02:36:24 AM by jerryfreak »
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline taper2019

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 03:39:06 AM »
Hello,
Looking for some advise on gain level for a loud concert using the Roland R-07.
First time using Roland R-07 and I don’t want to be messing about with the gain level when the show starts!
I will be using SP-CMC-4U microphones with 9V battery box.
So thought I’d ask what level people have found they need to use at shows they’ve recorded with the Roland R-07 and mics similar to SP-CMC-4U’s, also with the gain level you use what are the highest/loudest peaks you’re getting eg. -12 or -6 or 0dB ?
Any help appreciated!
Thank-You

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2019, 07:25:36 AM »
if yoi dont want to be messing with levels during the show you dont want to be anywhere near 0dB

id recommend using the app

Offline taper2019

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2019, 08:10:52 AM »
That’s why I’m interested to know what gain/level people have found the Roland R-07 will give max peaks around -12 to -6 dB.
I know there will be varying factors, like people who have used different mics to the SP-CMC-4U (low sense modded) with 9v battery box, but I think similar mics which have also been used with the Roland R-07 would have similar peak results using similar gain levels?
Yes the Bluetooth remote app works well to control the Roland R-07 gain level with your phone while the Roland is in your pocket, I just don’t want to be having to change the gain level during the show.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 08:15:57 AM by taper2019 »

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2019, 08:48:40 AM »
kinda impossible to give you a straight answer even if they know the sensitivity of your mics, because all shows arent equally loud. id start at an input level of 20. thats the advantage of 24-bit you have a lot of room on setting levels. as long as it peaks above 20 you wont have audible noise.

if you want to be more brave and closer to 0db just use the safety track feature first time out

Offline taper2019

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2019, 09:55:45 AM »
I don’t want to use the “safety” dual level recording function, the Roland R-07 FAQ on their website indicates it uses a limiter even if you have limiter switched off.... I haven’t really looked into it to see if it’s both files or just one of them that the ‘normal non hybrid’ limiter is used on, but I’d rather just have all limiters off and manually adjust the gain level myself.
Here’s some stuff from the Roland R-07 FAQ page.

Q:When does the Hybrid Limiter function operate?
A:
The Hybrid Limiter function on the R-07 operates under the following conditions.

"Limiter": ON
"Input Level": 60 or higher

* The Hybrid Limiter function does not operate when Rec Mode is set to "2xWAV (Dual Level Recording)."
* When the Limiter is ON and the Input Level is 59 or lower, or whenever the Dual Level Recording is being engaged, the normal (non-Hybrid) limiter will be activated.
* For more details about the Limiter function and its settings, refer to the Reference Guide (p. 16), "Using Limiter or AGC."

Q:What is dual level recording?
A:
This is a function that lets you simultaneously create two files at different recording levels.
A backup file at a low recording level is also recorded as a safeguard just in case clipping occurs.
Specifically, recording with 2xWAV-16 bit or 2xWAV-24 bit selected for Rec Mode lets you simultaneous record at the specified input level and at an input level approximately 20 dB lower than that input level.
This setting is recommended when the possibility exists that the recorded audio might be distorted if the volume level becomes too high during actual recording, even when the input level has been set. When you record, two files are created.

Example:When the file name is R07_0010.WAV
R07_0010.WAV   :Recorded at the specified input level
R07_0010L.WAV   :Recorded at an input level approximately 20 dB lower than the specified level

Q:The input level cannot be set to any value from "1" to "41."
A:
When Rec Mode is set to 2xWAV-16 bit or 2xWAV-24 bit, the settable range for the input level is 0 or a value from 42 to 100.
Also, when you're recording using 2xWAV, a file is automatically created at an input level whose value is lower than the specified input level.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 10:19:30 AM by taper2019 »

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2019, 03:41:51 PM »
well theres one way to find out where to set them.. ;)

is there an opening act? i often use those to dial in a bit

Offline taper2019

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2019, 05:26:38 PM »
No opening band so unable to set levels that way.
OK here’s a serious question about something I realised tonight about the Roland R-07, but I don’t know if it’s odd or not?, I think people here might have an idea of what’s happening?
I had earphones plugged into the Roland R-07 sitting in a quiet room with a television on quietly in the background, I was recording with the Roland R-07 and turning the gain level up and down, when you press the gain level up or down you can hear a quiet pop/click sound each time you press the gain button, I started to notice a bunch of times when setting the gain level up from 59 to 60 and down from 60 to 59 the click/pop is more obvious than all the other clicks, it just sounds like a bigger louder click/pop.
This bigger/louder click/pop is exactly at the gain level (59-60) that the Roland R-07 FAQ indicates the Roland R-07 will switch from ‘normal limiter’ to ‘hybrid limiter’ (that info can be seen in my last post).
However I have limiters set to OFF, so my question is why would the louder click/pop happen to appear exactly when changing the levels from 59-60 exactly where the ‘normal limiter’ changes to ‘hybrid limiter’?, does this seem normal even though I have limiter OFF?
It might just be total co-incidence and have nothing to do with the limiter?, or maybe it is related to the limiter and there’s a technical reason there’s a bigger/louder click/pop right at that point? (even though the limiter is in fact switched off).
SURELY IT WOULDN’T REALLY BE LIMITING WHEN I HAVE LIMITER SWITCHED OFF?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 05:36:29 PM by taper2019 »

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2019, 08:33:14 PM »
OK here’s a serious question about something I realised tonight about the Roland R-07, but I don’t know if it’s odd or not?, I think people here might have an idea of what’s happening?
I had earphones plugged into the Roland R-07 sitting in a quiet room with a television on quietly in the background, I was recording with the Roland R-07 and turning the gain level up and down, when you press the gain level up or down you can hear a quiet pop/click sound each time you press the gain button, I started to notice a bunch of times when setting the gain level up from 59 to 60 and down from 60 to 59 the click/pop is more obvious than all the other clicks, it just sounds like a bigger louder click/pop.

the zipper on volume adjsutments is covered pretty extensively in the first thread, as is the fact that noise level goes up substantially at high input levels. note i also noted it was doing some kind of internal switching right at 60

https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=184906.msg2266864#msg2266864

that whole thread is worth reading

Offline taper2019

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2019, 12:13:50 AM »
Hey,
Yes I already read all 29 pages 2 weeks ago, I remember the posts about the ticks but didn’t remember you writing about circuits possibly switching right at 60 level, interesting you also noticed this sound I knew I was definitely hearing something different there....
So what do you mean by ‘switching circuits’ ?, does that have something to do with the limiters?, I take it that the limiter is not being used (even though I can hear that louder pop at level 60 with limiter OFF) and everything is OK?
Thanks for the info.

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2019, 12:46:03 AM »
i just noticed that it was quieter from 60-70 input level than it was from 40-50, as if it switched internally from some line-in to some mic-in circuit or something

take those tests with a grain of salt the input setup wasnt super representative IIRC, wasnt measured wth a known impedance or anything

Offline Niels

• Taperssection Regular
R-07 Firmware v1.100 and remote app update
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2019, 03:23:13 AM »
R-07 Firmware update

I just noticed an Roland remote app update on my iPhone, and checked to see if the firmware was updated as well:
https://www.roland.com/global/support/by_product/r-07/updates_drivers/

Firmware is updated to Ver.1.100
There are added quite a number of new features as well as some fixes.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 04:17:16 AM by Niels »
Roland R-07 -> FEL Communications Clippy EM172 Omnis or pair of RØDE Lavaliers.
iPhone 14 -> Shure MV88 or Sennheiser AMBEO Smart Headset

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2019, 04:42:04 AM »
UPDATE HISTORY
[ Ver.1.100 ] MAR 2019
Additional Functions
Please refer to the "Functions Added in R-07 System Program Ver.1.10" for detailed information in the [ Owner's Manuals ].
R-07 itself

You can connect the R-07 via USB to your computer, iPhone, or iPad, and use it as a USB audio interface.
    Supported operating systems are as follows.
    Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
    OS X 10.10, OS X 10.11, macOS 10.12, macOS 10.13, macOS 10.14
    iOS 11, iOS 12

* Only Sample Rate "44.1 kHz / 48.0 kHz" is supported.
    * It does not support Android.
    If "Recording mode" is set to 2xWAV (Dual level recording), you can adjust the volume of the quieter recording.
    The name of the CODEC on the connected Bluetooth A2DP device is now displayed on the Bluetooth/Information screen.

R-07 Remote

By operating an "R-07 Remote" app installed on your mobile device, you can simultaneously control up to four R-07 units.
    You can also start recording on multiple R-07 units simultaneously.
    You can perform playback operations from an Apple Watch.

Functionality Improvements
R-07 Remote

Operation from an Apple Watch even while the iPhone is in sleep mode is now possible.
    Connectivity between the R-07 and R-07 Remote has been improved.

Bug Fixes
The following bugs were fixed.
R-07 itself

Transfer speed when connected via USB sometimes grows slow.
    The rehearsal function fails to work when the Rec Mode is set to "2xWAV (Dual level recording)."

< If You're Using R-07 Remote >
Using the new functionality in R-07 Remote requires updating the R-07 Remote app.
iOS version
Use R-07 Remote when updated to version 1.1.2 or later.
* R-07 Remote version 1.1.2 can be used under iOS 11 and after.

Android version
Use R-07 Remote when updated to version 1.1.2 or later.
* R-07 Remote version 1.1.2 can be used under Android 5 and after.

Offline ideal77dlr

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Mo To The Fo
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2019, 05:07:33 AM »
By operating an "R-07 Remote" app installed on your mobile device, you can simultaneously control up to four R-07 units.

This is an interesting development.
Sony D7 DAT : Edirol R-09HR : CA-11s (cards & OMNIs): CA-14s : SP-CMC-2s : CA-1900

Offline Niels

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2019, 05:30:23 AM »

This appears to be functionality primarily implemented in the mobile APP, but seemingly a significant development effort, so I guess there must be a demand.
I personally don't really see how this will come in handy, so it is obviously not done to please me :)

What kind of use-cases do you think this could be useful?

Offline ideal77dlr

• Taperssection Regular
  • Mo To The Fo
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2019, 06:35:52 AM »

This appears to be functionality primarily implemented in the mobile APP, but seemingly a significant development effort, so I guess there must be a demand.
I personally don't really see how this will come in handy, so it is obviously not done to please me :)

What kind of use-cases do you think this could be useful?

I’m thinking of doing some matrix or ‘backup’ type recordings this summer - one set of Cards and one set of Omnis. This kind of feature (if I had 2 R-07s) would make setting levels easier.

Also if you were open recording two separate rigs in different locations at a venue, I’d think this would make it much easier to manage.
Sony D7 DAT : Edirol R-09HR : CA-11s (cards & OMNIs): CA-14s : SP-CMC-2s : CA-1900

Offline Niels

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2019, 06:58:08 AM »

I’m thinking of doing some matrix or ‘backup’ type recordings this summer - one set of Cards and one set of Omnis. This kind of feature (if I had 2 R-07s) would make setting levels easier.

Also if you were open recording two separate rigs in different locations at a venue, I’d think this would make it much easier to manage.

Thanks! I can see how this could be useful.

Videographers often put a Lav attached to a recorder in the pocket of the talents (at weddings for example) and sync in post, and I initially thought it could be useful to control levels on several recorders, but I imagine the reach of Bluetooth will limit the usability to mostly stationary situations.

Offline PaulCayard

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2019, 07:57:10 AM »
Yesterday I've tried the new version "on the field" and it was all ok. Disconnection (android smartphone) after putting smartphone in stand-by is not fixed yet, but workaround described in this thread is ok also with new fw.
Mics: Nakamichi CM-300 JB mod (CP-1, CP-3), AT853 4.7k mod (SC/C/H), AT U853 4.7k mod (C/H), CA-14 (C)
Pre-amp/Power: CA-9200, CA-9100, CA-UBB, SP-SPSB-10
Recorder: Roland R-07, Sony M10, Tascam DR-2d (x2), Roland R-05

Offline magmazing

• Taperssection Regular
    • Magmazing Music
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2019, 08:20:57 PM »
I still can't walk away 10 feet from the soundboard at a busy nightclub without the recorder's bluetooth from disconnecting from my phone.
I shoot concert video and post my footage to YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/magmazing
http://www.youtube.com/victoriabcmusicscene

My Current Equipment:
Canon HF S100 Camcorder
Canon 70D dSLR
Panasonic ZS100 digital camera
Sony HX10V Digital Camera
Edirol R-09HR Digital Audio Recorder
Church Audio CA-11 microphones

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2019, 08:30:54 PM »
I still can't walk away 10 feet from the soundboard at a busy nightclub without the recorder's bluetooth from disconnecting from my phone.

thats unfortunate. even the lowest bluetooth spec should be good to 33 feet. 2.0 to 100 feet

Offline junkyardt

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2019, 10:13:07 PM »
i own 3 R-07's and have just updated the firmware on all of them and am playing around with the link feature. this seems like it will be very cool. has anyone figured out a way to change the name of the particular R-07 in the app (the list of (Bluetooth MIDI Devices')? they all show up as 'Roland R-07 MIDI', which is going to get rather confusing if you're using multiple units at the same time and they're all named the same. it would be helpful to be able to change the name to reflect the use case for that individual unit.

Offline binone

• Taperssection Newbie
Roland R-07, Part 2
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2019, 03:26:59 AM »
Are still the lights unmanageable in menu?

« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 02:42:00 PM by binone »

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Let's meet at alternate foods at the break
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2019, 01:53:27 AM »
Hello,
First time using Roland R-07 and I don’t want to be messing about with the gain level when the show starts!
[snip]

Here's how I get a rough sense of how to set gain on a new deck:

Set up my mics in front of a living room speaker, connect a recorder I'm used to running, hit record and set gain to roughly what I'd use at the type of show to be recorded. Turn up living room stereo's volume until I'm seeing levels that I like. Pause playback.

Connect new recorder to mics without changing their position and start recording. Unpause the stereo's playback, and adjust gain to levels I like.

I tend to reduce gain a bit after that, to ensure first run doesn't come close to overloading.

Not perfect, but works well enough.
Schoeps MK41 x 2, MK22 x 2; Vanguard V1s matched pair; Niaint x8
Schoeps kcy5, nbob actives
Naiant PFA 60v, PFA 48v, IPA
Sound Devices MP-6II; Sony PCM-A10

Recordings at LMA

Offline gaoping561

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2019, 03:05:26 AM »
Compare with Sony M10 and Roland R05, the highest gain level of Roland R07 is lower.  Does it also has a hidden menu like Roland R05?  Another problem is r07 will reduce the gain level when use plug-in mic.

Offline taper2019

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2019, 04:57:24 AM »
Compare with Sony M10 and Roland R05, the highest gain level of Roland R07 is lower.  Does it also has a hidden menu like Roland R05?  Another problem is r07 will reduce the gain level when use plug-in mic.

What do you mean a problem is Roland R-07 will reduce the gain level when using a plug in mic?
I think you mean the built in mic will be louder than plug in mics if recording the same concert?

Offline taper2019

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2019, 06:57:58 AM »
Hello,
[snip]

Here's how I get a rough sense of how to set gain on a new deck:

Set up my mics in front of a living room speaker, connect a recorder I'm used to running, hit record and set gain to roughly what I'd use at the type of show to be recorded. Turn up living room stereo's volume until I'm seeing levels that I like. Pause playback.

Connect new recorder to mics without changing their position and start recording. Unpause the stereo's playback, and adjust gain to levels I like.

I tend to reduce gain a bit after that, to ensure first run doesn't come close to overloading.

Not perfect, but works well enough.

Good idea, but I haven’t recorded for many years and no longer have any recorders I’ve used in the past.

Offline binone

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2019, 07:40:58 AM »
I discovered that, when powered via USB, the red recording lights, dissapear.

Offline Niels

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2019, 10:43:07 AM »
I can't reproduce that, except when I record via the R-07 as audio interface connected to a PC. If the device is just getting power from the PC or USB connected battery, the lights still shows. What is your setup?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 10:51:32 AM by Niels »

Offline binone

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2019, 12:25:09 PM »
I can't reproduce that, except when I record via the R-07 as audio interface connected to a PC. If the device is just getting power from the PC or USB connected battery, the lights still shows. What is your setup?

Do you have batteries installed. Remove them from the unit. And operate with the app to start recording.

Offline Niels

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2019, 12:54:11 PM »

Do you have batteries installed. Remove them from the unit. And operate with the app to start recording.
Just tried that. No batteries in the unit. Power from USB battery. Still lights regardless of app control or direct control. I’m running latest firmware.

Offline binone

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2019, 08:09:26 AM »
Ok, is not a battery matter. To turn off the recording lights and bluetooth (did´t tried with the peak one), , all you have to do is Menu/ 7 Display/ Indicator>>POWER SAVE.

After 10 seconds, ALL the lights are off.

If you use remote control, you will have only the bluetooth blue one, then, after 10 seconds (or the time you choose to turn off the screen in the R07) will turn off, and when you press record in the app, there is no lights.

Offline Niels

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2019, 10:41:17 AM »
.... all you have to do is Menu/ 7 Display/ Indicator>>POWER SAVE.

Wow, yes you are right. That does the trick!

The Menu->7 Display->Display Timer value will define how long ALL lights are on when Indicator: Power Save is engaged.
I have set mine to minimum (2 sec) and all lights turn off after 2 seconds.
Lights turns on again (for 2 seconds) when a you press a button on the device, but not if you use the remote app as you correctly note.

Thanks for identifying that!

Offline taper2019

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2019, 07:51:50 AM »
On the Roland R-07 in menu there is “Record Monitor SW” which “Specifies whether the audio input will be monitored via headphones during recording”. You can select YES or NO.
Does anybody know what difference does it make whether you select yes or no?, why is this choice needed?, I would have thought either you do not plug in your headphones, or you do, why do you need to select it in menu?, surely it doesn’t have any effect on actual recording?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 07:54:29 AM by taper2019 »

Offline Niels

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2019, 09:00:47 AM »
On the Roland R-07 in menu there is “Record Monitor SW” which “Specifies whether the audio input will be monitored via headphones during recording”. You can select YES or NO.
Does anybody know what difference does it make whether you select yes or no?, why is this choice needed?, I would have thought either you do not plug in your headphones, or you do, why do you need to select it in menu?, surely it doesn’t have any effect on actual recording?

You are right, the benefits of turning it off are difficult to spot. Could it improve battery life if you turn it off? or disabling one circuit could possible be one less circuit to introduce noise? --- Just speculating as mine is always On because I am always monitoring.
I would only consider turning it off if I only used bluetooth headphones for monitoring.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 10:07:13 AM by Niels »

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • goes to 11
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2019, 09:59:27 AM »
^ If the headphone output is active it is producing voltage on that output whether you are using it or not. It will affect your battery drain. If you aren't using it turn it off.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline voodoostrat

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2019, 01:35:28 PM »
Just grabbed one at Guitar Center...$149 thru the weekend.

Offline unidentified

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2019, 03:26:07 PM »
How do you get the $50 discount?  My search turned up a $199 price. 

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Roland/R-07-High-Resolution-Audio-Recorder-with-Bluetooth-in-Black.gc

Offline voodoostrat

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2019, 06:15:29 PM »
I walked into to see what they had to offer, wanted to get a hands on feel so to speak. They had some Zooms, Tascams and Rolands. The Roland was marked at $149…so I pulled the trigger. I am in OC, California. Maybe it’s a regional sale only?

Offline unidentified

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2019, 07:35:20 PM »
I'll check the local store. In any event, thanks for the tip!

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2019, 05:18:07 AM »
can you tell which of these is the R07?

one is DPA 4011> microdot actives > mic in to R07 using its own PIP

the other is 4011>microdot actives>d:vice> iphone

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QpQ8eB8FgNdGpOk8W-x3b_HIq4TgGt7A

sound levels approached 130 dB by my estimation
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 05:27:20 AM by jerryfreak »

Offline Niels

• Taperssection Regular
Printing rubbing off on your R-07?
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2019, 05:54:49 PM »
I notice the printing is already rubbing off on the front on my R-07 (MENU, MARK etc are almost gone) - which I bought in October last year.
I've babied it and everything else looks pristine, so it bothers me a bit.
Anyone with the same experience?

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2019, 06:49:04 PM »
yup, worn almost instantly on mine

Offline Niels

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Printing rubbing off on your R-07?
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2019, 09:59:20 AM »

I notice the printing is already rubbing off on the front on my R-07 (MENU, MARK etc are almost gone) - which I bought in October last year.
Thanks for the heads up.
It bothered me enough to return it to the shop yesterday, to have it fixed under warranty. Roland will probably just replace the front panel and the problem will show up again, we'll see.

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2019, 12:32:24 PM »
Maybe some clear paint or nail polish would do the trick

Offline taper2019

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2019, 04:56:16 AM »
Will low battery cause “SD Card Slow” to flash on the screen? (I’ve only seen it flash once while battery low was also flashing).
I’m using Sandisk Ultra 32GB card, there’s only about 6 hours on the card recorded at 24/96, so there’s about 9 hours of recording space left on the card, however I’ve just seen it flash “SD card slow” which I’ve never seen before.
I had planned to record 2 more 3 hour shows onto the card this week, so definitely do not want to be using the card if it’s going to somehow fail.
The battery is getting pretty low, would that cause “SD Card slow” to flash up?, or is it probably more of a real problem with the card or recorder?
I’m wanting to record a show in 24 hours so hope to get an answer soon!
Recording onto Sandisk Ultra 32GB card in 24/96, don’t know if that in combination with low battery is the cause?
Thank-You
UPDATE - put new batteries in and saw “SD card slow again”, not sure why, only 10GB written to 32GB card and haven’t had a problem until now.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 06:05:54 AM by taper2019 »

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2019, 07:35:22 AM »
ive only seen that with old cards

my guess is card is old/slow/fake

or that its failing

i have had good luck with these in all my devices, one of the faster modern cards

a bargain at $7. used to pay that for a single DAT tape!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XWJM2FV

i had good luck with mine but there are a lot of sellers, and lots of fakes out there. maybe look to adorama or b&h to make sure they are genuine

Offline taper2019

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2019, 09:23:36 AM »

or that its failing

i have had good luck with these in all my devices, one of the faster modern cards

i had good luck with mine but there are a lot of sellers, and lots of fakes out there. maybe look to adorama or b&h to make sure they are genuine
I only purchased it a few weeks ago, in store from a very well known commercial music / electronics supplier that would not be selling fake stuff.
Oddly when I put in the 2nd DIFFERENT card I purchased at the same time the first 30second file I recorded said “Improper Song” when I went to play it.
NOTE that both of these cards have previously had at least 12 hours total of files on them without any problems...
Put new batteries in and just recorded 3 hours non stop without any problems... So really odd 2 cards had an issue one after the other.
Maybe it really was the low battery?, but then again that doesn’t explain why when I replaced the batteries the first card just after it started recording with new batteries said “SD card slow”.
**I’m thinking it’s probably fragmented, I’ve been deleting bits and pieces here and there... I’ll delete everything and format the card and hopefully will be OK for the important show tonight.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 12:04:47 PM by taper2019 »

Offline seethreepo

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Resist Or Serve
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2019, 12:50:32 PM »
Some people myself included ALWAYS format in the deck it will be used in and use fresh cards every time seems like a minor inconvenience compared to the horrible scenario of a recording being compromised.
"Never heard anyone say that music was the thing that fucked up their day" 
-Chris Robinson 1996-09-24

real recorder > phone
 external mics > Internal mics
 FOB > Taper Section
 HATS > better than Denied

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2019, 03:44:17 AM »

or that its failing

I only purchased it a few weeks ago, in store from a very well known commercial music / electronics supplier that would not be selling fake stuff.
Oddly when I put in the 2nd DIFFERENT card I purchased at the same time

"at the same time" concerns me. you'd be surprised the number of ways fake gear can work their way into legit supply chains

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2019, 05:08:46 AM »

**I’m thinking it’s probably fragmented, I’ve been deleting bits and pieces here and there... I’ll delete everything and format the card and hopefully will be OK for the important show tonight.

there are benchmarking utilities you can use to test sequential and random read rates

Offline unidentified

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2019, 08:43:27 AM »
Some people myself included ALWAYS format in the deck it will be used in and use fresh cards every time seems like a minor inconvenience compared to the horrible scenario of a recording being compromised.

FWIW, I just leave the darn card in my M10 forever and reformat after every show.  So far, so good.   

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2019, 11:49:33 AM »
^

Recordings at LMA

Offline taper2019

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2019, 12:20:36 AM »
No problems recording 3 hours last night so seems whatever the issue was new batteries and formatting card fixed it.
I have 2 more nights to record so I’m going to completely avoid deleting anything before I’ve recorded the next 2 shows...

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2019, 03:44:36 AM »
in absence of deleting anything, id imagine filling a formatted card front to back should be seamless

Offline ideal77dlr

• Taperssection Regular
  • Mo To The Fo
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2019, 06:37:35 AM »
Recorded a moderately loud show this weekend (think overhanging line array speakers like you get at big venues and festivals)

Sounds Professionals Cardioid mics into CA-Ugly battery box into the R-07. I taped A-B configuration about 15-20 feet from the array, which was about 15 feet up.

I had the R-07 running at an input of 35 and it gave me a nice clean, dynamic recording with plenty of headroom and no colourisation of the sound. Loud parts were clear with no distortion and more subtle parts still had definition and detail.

At 35 it meant that close clapping which was picked up louder than the music could be brought down in post editing without any clipping.

Hope this helps.

Offline Niels

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Printing rubbing off on your R-07?
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2019, 04:00:14 PM »

Thanks for the heads up.
It bothered me enough to return it to the shop yesterday, to have it fixed under warranty. Roland will probably just replace the front panel and the problem will show up again, we'll see.

Just to wrap this up. Roland didn't fix the problem in due time (according to local consumer laws) so the shop had to give me a full refund. Since I don't know if Roland has improved their printing in later production, I guess I'll be looking for a different recorder.

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2019, 04:31:03 PM »

there are benchmarking utilities you can use to test sequential and random read rates

https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/H2testw.shtml

Offline ideal77dlr

• Taperssection Regular
  • Mo To The Fo
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2019, 02:47:40 PM »
Recorded a VERY loud (100db) show this weekend. 20-25ft from speaker, which was about 15-20 feet up.

Card mics into CA battery box. Setting at 22 did the job.

So: loud-ish concert/indoor venue  = 30 to 35

Very loud = 20 to 25

Offline nor-cal henry

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2019, 12:29:31 AM »

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2019, 01:44:23 AM »

Offline guitard

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2019, 04:00:48 PM »
I'll be getting an R-07 tomorrow and would like to record with it soon thereafter.  If I run AT853s (cards, 4.7k mod) > CA9100 > R-07 at an outdoor show ~15 yards in front of one of the stacks for a country rock band that plays at medium/average volume, what would be a good gain setting to start with?  Thanks!
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2019, 04:11:07 PM »
I'll be getting an R-07 tomorrow and would like to record with it soon thereafter.  If I run AT853s (cards, 4.7k mod) > CA9100 > R-07 at an outdoor show ~15 yards in front of one of the stacks for a country rock band that plays at medium/average volume, what would be a good gain setting to start with?  Thanks!

With Schoeps caps and a Naiant IPA, I'd start at 32ish. Not sure how that relates to ATs...

Recordings at LMA

Offline ideal77dlr

• Taperssection Regular
  • Mo To The Fo
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2019, 08:58:22 AM »

Depends where you set the CA9100 but similar to the above post I’d start at around 30 and adjust from there assuming you’re fairly neutral on the 9100.

Despite some criticism I actually think this is a fantastic little recorder once you get it set up correctly and used to it.

Offline guitard

« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2019, 11:50:10 AM »
Thanks to those who responded to my original post.

So I did some experimenting with the levels before actually recording a show.  I started out with the CA-9100 set at about half way, but found that even with the R-07 cranked way up (50-60), the signal seemed kind of weak and the resultant volume was too low.  So for the show, I settled on starting out with the CA-9100 turned up to about 4/5 of the way to the max and set the R-07 level at 32.  It was an outdoor show where I ran AT853s w/ foam screens inside a Kangol and was around 20-25 yards from the stage dead center.  During the show, I checked levels with my iPhone, and noticed I was consistently pegging close to (and sometimes above) 3, so I started dialing the level down and ended up in the high teens in order to keep it pegging at around 12.  The audio turned out really nice.

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline swordfish

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2019, 01:50:25 PM »
I would use the CA 9100 to dial up or down..setting the A10 to 32 and the CA 9100 to 11 o'clock, at 11 the CA 9100 functions as a battery box....in addition I use the phone and and an app to check levels before the show...most of the times the music of the PA....pending on the type of music I do have a good "start" point to set levels on athe A10 or any ofther of my deveicesdevice....or I'll ask the guy at the board what to expect below a 100db or above...that also helps me to set levels....even with no music going and only people talking around me.

Hope it makes any sense at all what I wrote...

Thanks to those who responded to my original post.

So I did some experimenting with the levels before actually recording a show.  I started out with the CA-9100 set at about half way, but found that even with the R-07 cranked way up (50-60), the signal seemed kind of weak and the resultant volume was too low.  So for the show, I settled on starting out with the CA-9100 turned up to about 4/5 of the way to the max and set the R-07 level at 32.  It was an outdoor show where I ran AT853s w/ foam screens inside a Kangol and was around 20-25 yards from the stage dead center.  During the show, I checked levels with my iPhone, and noticed I was consistently pegging close to (and sometimes above) 3, so I started dialing the level down and ended up in the high teens in order to keep it pegging at around 12.  The audio turned out really nice.

Offline guitard

« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2019, 05:17:38 PM »
I would use the CA 9100 to dial up or down..setting the A10 to 32 and the CA 9100 to 11 o'clock, at 11 the CA 9100 functions as a battery box...

Unfortunately, the knob fell off of my CA-9100 years ago, so I don't know where 11 o'clock is on it.  Based of a scale of off being zero and turned up to the max being 10, where would you estimate 11 o'clock to be  on the CA-9100?

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2019, 09:57:59 PM »
If I’m thinking the same as him, 0=7 o’clock, 10=5 o’clock, so 11 o’clock would be about 40%?

Offline markbalogh

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2019, 01:11:42 AM »
I have a R-07 and so does my friend. We were at a show tonight, sitting near each other and we had both recorders show up on our mobile remote apps and they were named the same (R-07 Midi). Would anyone have any experience with this and can the recorders be re-named so as to differentiate between them when you open the app on your phone? I could basically control his R-07 and he mine from the app. Very concerning.
 Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 02:01:37 PM by markbalogh »

Offline adrianb

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2019, 06:00:16 AM »
Talk about being behind times, I only just realised that I was still on 1.09 firmware and 1.10 was available since March.  ::)

The ability to choose different low-level margins between -6 -12 and -20 is very useful. I've changed it to -12 on mine.

I have to say this little recorder is now my go to unit for stealth these days. With the dual recording I just set it to 48 and then forget. The fact that the bluetooth would disconnect didn't bother me because I never had a need to check, I've managed to get decent recordings every time and only once had to use the -20 backup.

Having said that, my phone is a Samsung S9+. I've just updated the software on an old iPhone 5s, and installed the R-07 app on it and noticed that it remains stable on that unlike on my Samsung. The iPhone 5s is the oldest and smallest phone that can run the app, so I might start using that for concerts.
Mics: Sennheiser MKH 8040, Sennheiser MKH 8020, AT BP4025, AT 853 cards, CA CAFS, CA 14 Omnis, CA 11 (Cards + Omnis), Soundman OKM II Classic
Battery Boxes: Sony XLR-1, CA 9200 Preamp, CA Ugly 2 Preamp, CA Ugly BB, Shure FP24
Recorders: Sound Devices MP3, Sony PCM-D100, Sony PCM-D50, Sony PCM-M10, Sony PCM-D10, Roland R-07, Tascam iXJ2

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2019, 06:41:53 AM »
anybody put a lot of miles on v 1.10 successfully?

Offline bty670

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2019, 07:31:33 AM »
Talk about being behind times, I only just realised that I was still on 1.09 firmware and 1.10 was available since March.  ::)

The ability to choose different low-level margins between -6 -12 and -20 is very useful. I've changed it to -12 on mine.

I have to say this little recorder is now my go to unit for stealth these days. With the dual recording I just set it to 48 and then forget. The fact that the bluetooth would disconnect didn't bother me because I never had a need to check, I've managed to get decent recordings every time and only once had to use the -20 backup.

Having said that, my phone is a Samsung S9+. I've just updated the software on an old iPhone 5s, and installed the R-07 app on it and noticed that it remains stable on that unlike on my Samsung. The iPhone 5s is the oldest and smallest phone that can run the app, so I might start using that for concerts.

I agree about the major advantage of 1.10 being the ability to select different db levels for the dual-recording.

I've run my R07 for several shows and am incredibly happy with it. I've never had any issue with the bluetooth disconnecting - including once controlling the unit via my iPhone 7 from across a bar.

I've just installed the R07 app onto my wife's Apple Watch to experiment with that. The ability to control levels without even having to take out your phone would be a great advantage (despite the phone being super easy).

Offline Blakeq

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2019, 12:34:26 AM »
Head up. The black version of the recorder is $90 at Amazon.  Other places have it marked down to $100. 

Offline guitard

« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2019, 08:59:06 AM »

I've just installed the R07 app onto my wife's Apple Watch to experiment with that. The ability to control levels without even having to take out your phone would be a great advantage (despite the phone being super easy).

Even with my R07 comfortably stowed away in my carrying bag ... I still try to be careful when I open the app on my iPhone, because the app makes it quite clear that you're recording.  Of course, most people will assume it's an app for recording with the phone's internal mic -- and even though we all know recordings made that way are basically useless ... it could still be problematic in >:D mode.

Offline adrianb

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2019, 11:51:58 AM »
Even with my R07 comfortably stowed away in my carrying bag ... I still try to be careful when I open the app on my iPhone, because the app makes it quite clear that you're recording.  Of course, most people will assume it's an app for recording with the phone's internal mic -- and even though we all know recordings made that way are basically useless ... it could still be problematic in >:D mode.

I think the dual recording levels is far more useful than remote app for stealth conditions. I now go in with the levels pre-set and never look at the device, or the app, or worry about levels at all.
Mics: Sennheiser MKH 8040, Sennheiser MKH 8020, AT BP4025, AT 853 cards, CA CAFS, CA 14 Omnis, CA 11 (Cards + Omnis), Soundman OKM II Classic
Battery Boxes: Sony XLR-1, CA 9200 Preamp, CA Ugly 2 Preamp, CA Ugly BB, Shure FP24
Recorders: Sound Devices MP3, Sony PCM-D100, Sony PCM-D50, Sony PCM-M10, Sony PCM-D10, Roland R-07, Tascam iXJ2

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2019, 07:00:53 PM »
^ +t

Recordings at LMA

Offline corsair

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2019, 09:32:53 PM »

I have found the remote works alot better with iOS than with Android.
With my Samsung Note 8, it takes a long time for the app to repick up the bluetooth signal and eventually it could not be connected during the gig.

With my iPhone 8, zero problems, no lag and never got disconnected.
Audio-Technica ES943/C's -> Home-made 3-wire battery box -> Tascam DR-07

Offline Niels

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2019, 02:42:50 AM »

I have found the remote works alot better with iOS than with Android.
With my Samsung Note 8, it takes a long time for the app to repick up the bluetooth signal and eventually it could not be connected during the gig.

With my iPhone 8, zero problems, no lag and never got disconnected.

Good point. With many of these new complex devices, we often forget to include possibly important details when reporting issues.
Besides the deck firmware version, app version, memory card - also smart device OS type/version and the smart device hardware may have significance in identifying an issue.
If undisclosed, we risk talking past one another.

Offline adrianb

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2019, 02:38:49 PM »
Further to my comment about the App losing connection on my Samsung S9+ but remaining stable on my old iPhone, I can now report that on my new Samsung S10+ it seems to be stable too. So it really does seem to vary from phone to phone.

Having said that the dual recording with safety track means I don't check during stealth mode.

Offline guitard

« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2020, 08:10:51 PM »
What are baseline settings for the R-07 when recording a rock show of average loudness with regard to limiter and low cut?  For the R-09HR, I always had the limiter and low cut turned off, so for the first few times I've used it, I did the same with R-07.  Just wondering if I should change.

Also -- I have read in the two R-07 threads about "mic in" and "line in" but I can't figure out how to choose between the two with the R-07.  Of course, with the R-09HR, there were two separate plug-ins for this, so it was easy.

Any help is greatly appreciated -- thanks.

Offline corsair

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2020, 08:47:47 AM »
What are baseline settings for the R-07 when recording a rock show of average loudness with regard to limiter and low cut?  For the R-09HR, I always had the limiter and low cut turned off, so for the first few times I've used it, I did the same with R-07.  Just wondering if I should change.

Also -- I have read in the two R-07 threads about "mic in" and "line in" but I can't figure out how to choose between the two with the R-07.  Of course, with the R-09HR, there were two separate plug-ins for this, so it was easy.

Any help is greatly appreciated -- thanks.

I think the levels are hugely dependent on what the rest of your setup is like too.
I run mine at levels 50 to 58, with my AT ES943 cards. Limiter and roll-off are off.

When you plug your mics to mic/aux in, it just simply means the recorder will not use the onboard mics anymore. In theory, it should be line in, if the setting to supply power to the mics re off. I hope someone else can verify what I said.
Audio-Technica ES943/C's -> Home-made 3-wire battery box -> Tascam DR-07

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2020, 09:37:51 AM »

you cant. gain topology is determined by input level setting, IIRC somewhere around 50-60 the noise floor increases suddenly as if its internally switching from line-in to mic-in. if you care to know, youd have to look back at my old post measuring the noise floor to find the exact spot. otherwise make sure plug in power is off in the menu, plug it in and set levels appropriately, thats all

Offline guitard

« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2020, 07:41:57 PM »

I think the levels are hugely dependent on what the rest of your setup is like too.
I run mine at levels 50 to 58, with my AT ES943 cards. Limiter and roll-off are off.

I run AT853 cards with a Church preamp (was a CA-9100 until recently when I switched to a CA-Ugly II).  I rarely go over 30 for an input level with this arrangement.

When you plug your mics to mic/aux in, it just simply means the recorder will not use the onboard mics anymore. In theory, it should be line in, if the setting to supply power to the mics re off. I hope someone else can verify what I said.

When you say "setting to supply power to the mics to off,"are you referring to the "Plug In Power" setting in the "Input" menu?

Offline kylieshotpants

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2020, 07:09:33 AM »
Has anyone else had the SD card slot falling off (and being lost)?.

I did a quick search to see if I can buy a replacement, but could not find one.

I have contacted Roland they advise the part is 17042184 and has to be ordered via official parts reseller.   It is not covered under the extended warranty - so will have to see how much it will cost.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 01:42:31 PM by kylieshotpants »

Offline GroundHog420

• Taperssection All-Star
    • Sonic Archives
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2020, 01:23:04 PM »
Hi there - I recently had an odd experience with an R-07 that I can't get my head around, and I'm hoping this might ring a bell with someone else in this thread.

I purchased this unit a little while back from another TS-er, who even included a mini-SD card with the last show they had recorded on it. Using some spare room on that same card (a Samsung something or other... sorry, not at home right now), I ran a few field tests at home, using a pair of CA mics (I forget which model, had 'em for years), and determined that everything was working fine. Shortly after that, I purchased a set of AT-853 mics w/4.7 mod, from another TS-er, and ran a couple similar test - again, no problem.

I recently recorded a show where I decided go go semi-stealth, mostly for convenience, using the CA mics, since I never got around to getting clips for the AT-853s. The result was a stellar recording. The other night, I recorded an acoustic set in a little cafe, and ran open, using the AT 853s on a short stand, and a different mini-SD card (SanDisk Class 10 32GB). the result was something that resembles a cassette recording riddled with dropouts - not intermittent, but very evenly spaced throughout the recording.

I can't imagine that the SanDisk card is the cause of the issue, but would that cause something like what I've described? In all my years of recording, this is a new one on me. Any ideas? Thanks for any insights, J.
Hey man, that common sense shit won't fly around here, we're from Portland, we're edgy & different or something  ???
she kept playing with the balls for around 2 years after i thought i had seen it all from them.

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2020, 04:02:13 PM »
bad cable?

Offline dogmusic

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2020, 04:47:05 PM »
Hi there - I recently had an odd experience with an R-07 that I can't get my head around, and I'm hoping this might ring a bell with someone else in this thread.

I purchased this unit a little while back from another TS-er, who even included a mini-SD card with the last show they had recorded on it. Using some spare room on that same card (a Samsung something or other... sorry, not at home right now), I ran a few field tests at home, using a pair of CA mics (I forget which model, had 'em for years), and determined that everything was working fine. Shortly after that, I purchased a set of AT-853 mics w/4.7 mod, from another TS-er, and ran a couple similar test - again, no problem.

I recently recorded a show where I decided go go semi-stealth, mostly for convenience, using the CA mics, since I never got around to getting clips for the AT-853s. The result was a stellar recording. The other night, I recorded an acoustic set in a little cafe, and ran open, using the AT 853s on a short stand, and a different mini-SD card (SanDisk Class 10 32GB). the result was something that resembles a cassette recording riddled with dropouts - not intermittent, but very evenly spaced throughout the recording.

I can't imagine that the SanDisk card is the cause of the issue, but would that cause something like what I've described? In all my years of recording, this is a new one on me. Any ideas? Thanks for any insights, J.

Did you format the Sandisk card in the recorder before using?
"The ear is much more than a mere appendage on the side of the head." - Catherine Parker Anthony, Structure and Function of the Human Body (1972)

"That's metaphysically absurd, man! How can I know what you hear?" - Firesign Theatre

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2020, 09:11:53 PM »
Sounds like a bad card to me. It's probably the easiest part to check. Use another card and see what happens. That's appears to be the only variable in your story.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2020, 09:30:22 PM »
Sounds like a bad card to me. It's probably the easiest part to check. Use another card and see what happens. That's appears to be the only variable in your story.

lotsa card testing apps in the media forum

Offline GroundHog420

• Taperssection All-Star
    • Sonic Archives
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2020, 03:05:12 AM »
Hey there, folks - news flash.... got home this evening and took a few minutes to reassess the situation; not a bad cable, not a bad card, and yes I did format the card for the R-07.... turns out the headphones I was listening to the recording with were the culprit. I was on a train trip and decided to listen back using my little Bose in-ear headphones, which I use for my iPhone and also for my Fiio player - apparently they are not all that compatible with the R-07, though! This evening, I had some time to load the file onto my desktop computer, and listened back on the R-07 as well (with a different pair of headphones), and everything is there after all. So... false alarm, apparently, and I couldn't be happier about that! It was an acoustic / non-amplified performance from a visiting Tuvan throat singer, in a small cafe for an audience of maybe less than a dozen people, like a very intimate living room show, perhaps. I was probably two feet in front of him, and it was truly amazing, if not somewhat magical. I'm really happy that the recording was not ruined, and once the performer has had a chance to vet it, we can decide if it's good enough to use for an official release, or simply share it through online channels. Thanks to those of you who tried to help, but apparently I should have waited til I got back home to assess the situation. Live and learn, I reckon....!
Hey man, that common sense shit won't fly around here, we're from Portland, we're edgy & different or something  ???
she kept playing with the balls for around 2 years after i thought i had seen it all from them.

Offline guitard

« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2020, 12:18:30 PM »
turns out the headphones I was listening to the recording with were the culprit.

Wow!  Didn't see that one coming.  But glad to hear all is good.

Offline GroundHog420

• Taperssection All-Star
    • Sonic Archives
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2020, 01:26:31 PM »
Yeah, neither did I! Even though I have never run into any issue using those headphones for other audio devices; I originally purchased them to use with my iPhone, as they also have a built-in mic; and now I'm thinking that part of their design made them incompatible with the circuitry in the R-07. I never really paid attention to the tip before, but it appears to be a 4-pole tip, which I haven't dealt with since my brief run with using a Sharp minidisc recorder some years back. There just seems to be something about the R-07 that doesn't want to get along with them, though, so now I know! If this link works, here's a picture that shows what the tip looks like:
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/CSAAAOSwHB5eMM1A/s-l1600.png

turns out the headphones I was listening to the recording with were the culprit.

Wow!  Didn't see that one coming.  But glad to hear all is good.

Offline Blakeq

• Taperssection Newbie

Offline jbell

• TDS
  • Trade Count: (149)
  • Spreadicated
Mics: DPA ST4011ER & 4018ER
Preamps: DPA MMA 6000 | Audioroot Femto
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-10 II | Sony PCM A10

-20        -12         -6        TDS   (32/48)     
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][}   
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][} 
|Record|  Runtime: 4:19.99  {|||] 75%

Offline Blakeq

• Taperssection Newbie

Offline Niels

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2020, 08:44:13 AM »
B&H says “This item is discontinued” for the black version. Wonder if that is true? It only had 2 years on the market, and with the latest firmware it was quite capable.
85$ is definitely an amazing price, only concern would be app support for future smartphone OS’s.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 08:47:42 AM by Niels »

Offline unidentified

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2020, 11:23:47 AM »
Guitar Center cancelled my order within 12 hours of my placing it after I saw the $85 price in the post here, and the rep I subsequently spoke with said that the model was no longer even listed in Guitar Center's inventory.  I then grabbed one for $15 more at Amazon.  Due to arrive on Thursday.  Interestingly, Amazon's price has since gone up to $139 and the model is listed as being "out of stock." 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 11:29:21 AM by unidentified »

Offline boa

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • crowesbase loves you
    • crowesbase:an.amorican.archive
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2021, 01:52:45 PM »
FYI, the Pelican 1010 Micro Case fits the R-07 footprint perfectly and has room for an attenuator cable. Added some pluck foam and the R-07 doesn't move at all.

https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Case-Pelican-1010-Micro/dp/B001CCZF6E?ref_=ast_sto_dp
Microtech Gefell m22 >  Babynbox > Sony m10acm
Microtech Gefell mv200/m21 > Aerco mp2 > Roland r44ocm

Offline roffels

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2022, 09:12:17 PM »
Amazon had a handful of these for sale at $100 new, so I figured I'd pick up a spare. Anyone have experience with the app running two of these at the same time? Would that work?

The Roland connectivity is flaky at the best of times (constantly need to turn off my phone's bluetooth, turn it back on, reopen the app) but still may be good to have a couple rigs going.

Offline Niels

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2022, 01:57:56 AM »

The Roland connectivity is flaky at the best of times (constantly need to turn off my phone's bluetooth, turn it back on, reopen the app) but still may be good to have a couple rigs going.
It has not been my experience at all. You may want to look at your phone. Connectivity has been rock solid on my iPhone 5s and 8.

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2022, 12:58:51 PM »

It has not been my experience at all. You may want to look at your phone. Connectivity has been rock solid on my iPhone 5s and 8.
Connectivity to iPhone x and 12pro 100% solid every time.

Recordings at LMA

Offline roffels

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2022, 02:11:04 PM »

I'm on Android, it was my experience on both the Galaxy s9+ and s10+. Definitely not switching to an iphone over this.

I recently picked up the Sony PCM a10 and that remote connection has been rock solid.

Offline Niels

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2022, 02:24:36 PM »

I'm on Android, it was my experience on both the Galaxy s9+ and s10+. Definitely not switching to an iphone over this.

Your choice of course, as long as you know it is probably your phone.

Offline roffels

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2022, 02:35:04 PM »
Your choice of course, as long as you know it is probably your phone.
To be more accurate, reading the app reviews, it's Roland's Android app.

Offline gihl

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2022, 10:33:23 AM »
I ordered Roland R-07 from Amazon today. It's $99!  :)
BP4025, BP4029, Zoom F3

Offline guitard

« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2022, 10:41:24 AM »
The R-07 was my main deck for a few years.  When I bought a set of Schoeps MK41s and got Nick to make me some Nbob Actives and Baby & Platinum Nboxes, he recommended a different deck because the R-07 tends to run hot with MK41s going through the Nbox.  He recommended the Sony A10 instead.  I've been using the A10 ever since and haven't looked back.

Offline roffels

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2022, 05:36:49 PM »
The R-07 was my main deck for a few years.  When I bought a set of Schoeps MK41s and got Nick to make me some Nbob Actives and Baby & Platinum Nboxes, he recommended a different deck because the R-07 tends to run hot with MK41s going through the Nbox.  He recommended the Sony A10 instead.  I've been using the A10 ever since and haven't looked back.

I'm definitely liking the Sony A10 - I've only taped a couple shows but I'm pleased with how it works. I miss Roland's dual-volume recordings - I found that useful for shows that have a mix of quiet songs and full-band songs but otherwise like the stability Sony has with the android app and the form factor.

I think the Roland still has a use for me for any shows I'm able to get soundboard access to. Though unless I'm missing something, there's no proper line-in on the Roland pretty much guaranteeing I need to carry attenuators with me.

Offline ideal77dlr

• Taperssection Regular
  • Mo To The Fo
« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2022, 05:33:56 AM »
Getting back into taping after the pandemic using the R-07 again, I see that 32gb Class 10 cards are suddenly hard to get....I see Kingston are discontinued!

Anyone have any recommendations of current cards on the market that work well?

Is 32GB still the 'limit' for these devices?

Offline Niels

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2022, 07:07:59 AM »
Getting back into taping after the pandemic using the R-07 again, I see that 32gb Class 10 cards are suddenly hard to get....I see Kingston are discontinued!

I don't recall that the last firmware (2019) changed the max capacity beyond 32,
nor do I recall seeing that class 10 was a requirement. The official card requirements are fairly lax: https://rolandus.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003909151-R-07-What-microSD-Cards-are-Compatible-

Offline roffels

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2022, 12:02:03 PM »

For what it's worth, I just formatted a 64GB sandisk microsd in my R-07 - it's usable, it just formats to 32 GB (or approximately 28GB).

Offline roffels

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2022, 10:29:06 PM »
Anyone ever determine what firmware 1.101 added to 1.10? My new r07 ahipped with 1.101 which isn't available to download.

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2022, 11:14:44 AM »
Just used the R-07 for the first time in a while. 2 things:
on ios, bluetooth dropped frequently
anyone know of any issues with running at low input, like 30? Wondering about adding an attenuator.

TIA

Recordings at LMA

Offline Niels

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2022, 12:16:39 PM »
Just used the R-07 for the first time in a while. 2 things:
on ios, bluetooth dropped frequently
With the latest firmware?

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2022, 03:16:17 PM »
Great point. Latest firmware as of jan 2020 haha.
New versions improve bluetooth?

Recordings at LMA

Offline roffels

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2022, 11:45:36 PM »
Great point. Latest firmware as of jan 2020 haha.
New versions improve bluetooth?

The latest firmware was published in March 2019 so you should be good.

Offline detroit lightning

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #120 on: March 04, 2022, 09:02:43 PM »
Probably using this for the first time on Sunday night - very open / taper-friendly artist, so I'm looking to try a number of things. One of the reasons I picked this up was to occasionally run board feeds with it. I have a XLR > Minijack attenuator that I assume I want to use?

Beyond that, it's been forever since I've used a mini-deck like this. Line-in, right?

In this exact case I've never pulled a feed from this board, so not really sure what to expect. Anything else I should look out for in terms of settings.

I can also run into a R44, so I have options...

thx!

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #121 on: March 05, 2022, 12:13:39 AM »
In my experience, I've had to insert an attenuator between the sbd and r-07, or signal's too hot.

Recordings at LMA

Offline roffels

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #122 on: March 05, 2022, 04:28:57 AM »
Same here, definitely use attenuators for a soundboard feed.

If you have two r07s, and plan on doing a matrix, the app actually lets you start and stop recording on both units simultaneously - super handy.

Offline guitard

« Reply #123 on: March 05, 2022, 09:12:52 AM »
I've gotten away with not using an attenuator while recording a soundboard feed of rock music directly to my R-07, but I dialed the input level way down and I had a very friendly and helpful sound guy helping me (it was a small town charity event).  It can work, but as checht recommended, it's probably best to have an attenuator.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 10:36:14 AM by guitard »

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #124 on: March 05, 2022, 10:35:24 AM »
If you have two r07s, and plan on doing a matrix, the app actually lets you start and stop recording on both units simultaneously - super handy.
Hmm, interesting. Sometimes it's a pain to run cable from sbd to ambient mics location.
Do 2 random r07s operate at the exact same clock speed? Have you ever seen drift over a multi-hour recording?

Recordings at LMA

Offline Chanher

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Colorado Crew
« Reply #125 on: March 05, 2022, 11:41:47 AM »
Hmm, interesting. Sometimes it's a pain to run cable from sbd to ambient mics location.
Do 2 random r07s operate at the exact same clock speed? Have you ever seen drift over a multi-hour recording?

There will be drift. Even 2 identical recorders with identical ADC's will not be in sync with each other. Whenever you have 2 or more ADC's in a multi track recording, they must be physically connected (not possible on the R-07) with 1 being deemed the "master clock" via settings so all files are recorded off the same clock.

I have mixed many aud + sbd recordings recorded with different recorders/word clocks and while it truly is a PITA, it's also a great way to sharpen your DAW and mastering skills. Plus, if you ever buy one of the many 4+ track recorders out there, you will truly appreciate it!

EDIT: there is a better technique then what i state below, using software to STRETCH one of the sources to fit the other. see posts below
The most helpful tip I learned is visually lining up snare hits. Zoom in AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE on a single snare hit (or wav spike) and literally slide the other track till the same snare hit is perfectly lined up with it. Go forward in the song 3-5 minutes and zoom in again and see how the snare hit peaks are lined up. You will eventually see (usually every 3-10 minutes) the hits begin to drift apart. Then split the 2nd file and re-align again. I usually ended up splitting and re-aligning every 7-10 minutes. YMMV
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 08:24:08 PM by Chanher »
Line Audio CM4 / AT853Rx (c,h) / Studio Projects C4 MKII (c,h,o)
Sound Devices MP-2 / bm2p+ Edirol UA-5
Zoom F3 / F6 / Marantz Oade Warm Mod PMD661 / Tascam DR-70D

Offline guitard

« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2022, 12:08:23 PM »

The most helpful tip I learned is visually lining up snare hits. Zoom in AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE on a single snare hit (or wav spike) and literally slide the other track till the same snare hit is perfectly lined up with it. Go forward in the song 3-5 minutes and zoom in again and see how the snare hit peaks are lined up. You will eventually see (usually every 3-10 minutes) the hits begin to drift apart. Then split the 2nd file and re-align again. I usually ended up splitting and re-aligning every 7-10 minutes. YMMV

I have found with modern digital recorders, that even between two different recorder brands, the drift is usually very consistent.  So I just find a reference point (snare hit) at the beginning of one of the recordings, line it up with the other recording; and then go to the end of the recordings and stretch or reduce the length of the second recording to match the first recording.  Even for a 90 minute recording, it's rarely off by more than a tiny fraction of a second.  I also go back and spot check in the middle of the recording; but it's uncommon to find spots where it's still out of sync.

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #127 on: March 05, 2022, 12:13:28 PM »

I have found with modern digital recorders, that even between two different recorder brands, the drift is usually very consistent.  So I just find a reference point (snare hit) at the beginning of one of the recordings, line it up with the other recording; and then go to the end of the recordings and stretch or reduce the length of the second recording to match the first recording.  Even for a 90 minute recording, it's rarely off by more than a tiny fraction of a second.  I also go back and spot check in the middle of the recording; but it's uncommon to find spots where it's still out of sync.

^this
Also, when mixing sbd and ambient from a multitrack recorder, using a transient for alignment is necessary due to wave propagation time. Unless you are trying for a wet, reverb-like sound.

Recordings at LMA

Offline roffels

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2022, 12:56:38 PM »

I purchased an r07 in 2019 and one in 2022, I've only run both simultaneously a few times now, but haven't experienced any drift. You'll still want to manually sync the shows up in post to account for distance from the stage and eliminate phasing issues.

Offline Chanher

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Colorado Crew
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2022, 12:36:12 PM »

ah yes digital stretching! I am showing my age with my outdated techniques haha. That's why I love this place, always something new to learn. I have a ton of old sbd + aud shows recorded with 2 recorders, I must try digital stretching! Brilliant...
Line Audio CM4 / AT853Rx (c,h) / Studio Projects C4 MKII (c,h,o)
Sound Devices MP-2 / bm2p+ Edirol UA-5
Zoom F3 / F6 / Marantz Oade Warm Mod PMD661 / Tascam DR-70D

Offline Gaerlind

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2022, 05:03:47 AM »
I have two recorders Roland R07.
Bought it in November 2021 and in February 2022 on Amazon.

On the first firmware is V 1.100 but on the second V 1.101

I don't know whats the difference in these firmware and why V 1.101 can't be downloaded from official support site.
Can anybody tell about it?
Sony PCM-M10, Sony PCM-D10, Roland R-07, Olympus LS-100, Zoom H2n, Alesis PalmTrack, Philips DVT7500
Shure SM7B, Shure SM57, Rode NTG-2, Audio-Technica AT875R, Audio-Technica AT35s, Godox Movelink M2

Offline roffels

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #131 on: July 09, 2022, 11:44:42 AM »
I have two recorders Roland R07.
Bought it in November 2021 and in February 2022 on Amazon.

On the first firmware is V 1.100 but on the second V 1.101

I don't know whats the difference in these firmware and why V 1.101 can't be downloaded from official support site.
Can anybody tell about it?

I have both a 1.1 and 1.101 as well, unfortunately I haven't found any information on the differences. Anecdotally I've had more bluetooth trouble with my newer 1.101 unit. 

Offline Gaerlind

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #132 on: July 09, 2022, 02:33:57 PM »
I am also haven't found any difference.
Sony PCM-M10, Sony PCM-D10, Roland R-07, Olympus LS-100, Zoom H2n, Alesis PalmTrack, Philips DVT7500
Shure SM7B, Shure SM57, Rode NTG-2, Audio-Technica AT875R, Audio-Technica AT35s, Godox Movelink M2

Offline rayrad

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2022, 09:08:57 AM »
has anyone figured out how to transfer audio files from the R-07 to an iPad?

i'm at a festival this weekend, and would like to save back up / safety copies of each day's recordings when i get back to my B&B each night

not planning to take a laptop - but will have an up-to-date iPad (2022 iPad Air 5th gen)

i have a micro-B USB to USB-C cable (which works for data as well as power) - but plugging the two together, i can't find a way to access the R-07's SD card on the iPad

maybe it just isn't possible!

but if anyone has a tip, i'd be most grateful

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #134 on: August 17, 2022, 11:05:53 AM »
Devices such as this are good for that task - iPad not needed - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09T9QKQH7/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza - you should be able to use that to  backup the files from the card to a portable hard drive or SSD.

Offline Niels

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2022, 11:18:10 AM »
i'm at a festival this weekend, and would like to save back up / safety copies of each day's recordings when i get back to my B&B each night
not planning to take a laptop - but will have an up-to-date iPad (2022 iPad Air 5th gen)

I transfer my Roland R-07 files to my iPad with this adapter: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK0W2AM/A/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter

It has a lightening connection, which fits my somewhat dated iPad Air 2.
The description only mentions photos and video, but it works for audio as well.
With this adaptor you can also use the Roland R-07 as an audio interface and record directly to the iPad if you wish.
In the dongle end, there is an Lightening input next to the USB which can be used for charging while using the USB input. It is the most useful iPad gadget I have purchased so far.

I am not up to date with the latest iPads, but I would be surprised if Apple doesn't have an equivalent to the above that works with their new products.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 06:14:49 AM by Niels »

Offline rayrad

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #136 on: August 20, 2022, 05:38:41 AM »

I transfer my Roland R-07 files to my iPad with this adapter: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK0W2AM/A/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter

With this adaptor you can also use the Roland R-07 as an audio interface and record directly to the iPad if you wish.
In the dongle end, there is an Lightening input next to the USB which can be used for charging while using the USB input. It is the most useful iPad gadget I have purchased so far.

I am not up to date with the latest iPads, but I would be surprised if Apple doesn't have an equivalent to the above that works with their new products.

Thanks so much!

The only input on the recent iPads is a USB-C - rather than lightning

But the principal should be the same

So my question is where the files show up on the iPad

When you connect your R-07 to your iPad, where do you look for the files?

I feel like I’m being very dense about this!

But very grateful for any insight

Offline rayrad

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #137 on: August 20, 2022, 06:29:11 AM »

never mind!  i figured it out

you go into ‘files’ on the iPad and there’s the SD card

and you can save each file to garageband

thanks agin for your help though

Thanks so much!

Offline Niels

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #138 on: August 20, 2022, 11:05:14 AM »
Thanks so much!

I don't have my iPad at hand but I just refreshed my memory by connecting my iPhone to the R07. It should be largely the same:

Connect dongle to iPhone (iPad) and the USB cable between dongle and Roland R07.
Turn on R07 and select "Storage" on the R07.
On iPad select "Files" (it has an icon like a regular app)
In "Files" tab "Browse"
Your Roland device is on the list - tab it.
Your sound files on the Roland will show.
There should be a circle with 3 dots - if you tab it, you get the option of selecting multiple files.
After you have marked the files you want to move, you tab the icon that resembles a folder and it will say "Choose a new location to move these items"
Your options will be "On My iPad", "iCloud Drive", "ROLAND R-07" - and any other drives that may be attached to your iPad.
Follow the option you desire to move your files.

You can access the moved files on the iPad by browsing via the "Files" app.

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #139 on: November 26, 2022, 04:59:30 PM »
Just picked up one of these. It has an older firmware and trying to update. It gets stuck on "now connecting" Never advances to "program update" or "update". Any ideas? Tried it both ways. Thanks.

Edit: got it. Damn, this things finicky!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 02:53:58 PM by ts »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.446 seconds with 168 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com