Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: pelican case  (Read 2977 times)

kkaye

• Trade Count: (0)
pelican case
« on: January 21, 2004, 10:13:31 PM »
Hey now Im interested in picking up a pelican,
just for carrying my D8 & Cables.

Im looking at the site and not sure which small case would be good for this.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
Re:pelican case
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 10:15:38 PM »
the 1050 is perfect for a sony portable, but if you add some cables im not sure

jpschust

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 10:19:01 PM »
for just a sony dat and a few cables i think its a touch overkill.  for mics and whatnot, its ok, but just one thing like that i think you'd be just as safe throwing it in a padded fanny pack

kkaye

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2004, 10:20:04 PM »
I actually was looking at the 1120 guard box,
I have a foam insert that my D8 & 7pin was sent in that I think I could fit in there, that's all I have D8 &7pin

kkaye

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2004, 10:21:32 PM »
PS I do plan on getting mics this spring, maybe Ill wait to get a larger version, any tips for that? Thanks.

jpschust

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2004, 10:22:52 PM »
the 1550 is my favorite for carrying a full rig- holds an sla nicely plus mics and cables and whatnot.  the only problem is that with any serious weight it becomes unwieldy to carry.  hence, now mine gets used for a mic locker and if i ever need to go out live everything can just go in a backpack- but im not going out live that much anymore

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2004, 10:23:25 PM »
I think everyone buys a pelican when they get their first rig, a month later it's in the closet and you're carrying a bag to the show.

they're nice if you're going to be travelling a lot but for actual use in the field they are a bit cumbersome.

I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2004, 10:23:51 PM »
once you have more gear you will definantly want a padded bag/pack of some sort. i think i only know a few who run pelican type cases all the time. check out soemthing like a lowepro nova 5... im running a rackgear backpack right now

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2004, 08:38:06 AM »
I think everyone buys a pelican when they get their first rig, a month later it's in the closet and you're carrying a bag to the show.

they're nice if you're going to be travelling a lot but for actual use in the field they are a bit cumbersome.

That's exactly what happened to me.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

jpschust

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2004, 09:13:47 AM »
yah thats what happened to me, but its come in handy- i keep all my studio mics in storage in these when im at home

Offline Kindguy

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2004, 09:17:05 AM »

That's exactly what happened to me.

me 2. I did get mine signed by John Bell before I put it up. :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2004, 09:18:35 AM by Kindguy »
TDS!

DPA 4023> aeta PSP-2> Apogee Mini Me > R-44

http://www.basicallyfrightened.com/

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • half dead batteries
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2004, 10:26:43 AM »
been using the same Pelican 1400 since 1997!
when I ran AKG 391> PS2> AD20> M1 it was perfect and held it all including SLA, 7-pin, blanks and shockmounts. I did use a backpack for XLR's, clamps, t-bar and assorted miscellaneous connectors.

have to admit, there were plenty of outdoor shows over the years where others using sonicases, portabraces and other assorted "bags" would get wet inside and mine didnt...

the 1400 isnt practical now that I have TL's, even with new pluckfoam.

the water's clean and innocent

Offline sickrick43

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm NOT a fucking llama!
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2004, 01:58:23 AM »
Got a 1550 case also (pic in Rig Pics).  It is a BITCH.  Bought a little fold-up luggage cart to "trailer" it with.  With the rig & batteries, gotta be 50 lbs. at least.

BUT, I know everything's getting there INTACT.  When I'm flying, I bring the 1550.  When I'm local, I transport with the 1550, and gig in a bag.

Between camera gear, and taping gear, I've got $1,000 in cases alone, in various closets throughout the house.

Did Col. Bruce the other nite, and between the camera stuff, and the recording stuff, I had almost as much on the floor, as the club had into thier ENTIRE P.A.

Frikkin LOONIES we are...

Rick
4 Track & CD Live Rig: TLM-170's->V3->SD-744T  CDLive->TC Finalzer Express->Tascam CDR-900SL

24 Track Rig: Audix D6/D2/D4/I5/SCX1-C/O->Whilrwind SPC82 ISO Splitters->DigimaxLT's->Alesis HD24 (Lucid GenX192 Master Clock)

Canon 1Ds MarkII - 16-35/2.8L - 24-70/2.8L - 70-200/2.8L IS - 180/f:3.5 Macro - 550EX Flash

"this isnt a dramatic bitchy exit, its just time to go." - Big Ray (queen of the dramatic bitchy exit)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.085 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com