Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Post-processing of a binaural recording  (Read 1753 times)

Offline fandelive

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
Post-processing of a binaural recording
« on: June 18, 2022, 08:01:14 AM »
Hello,

I've recently invested in a pair of monitoring speakers. It was aimed at post-processing my own music, recorded at what I would call my home studio.
Well, nothing fancy actually: an MSI gamer laptop, an external Focusrite soundcard, a Rode NT1-A microphone, an acoustic guitar, Cubase... I'm just starting ;)

As things goes, I'm also taping live concerts an I've been focusing on my pair of (omnidirectional) DPA 4061's lately. Caps are clipped to my eyeglasses rims, pretty close to my ears, which means I do binaural recordings.

So my question: is it relevant to post-process a binaural recording with monitoring speakers since it's aimed at being played back using a set of headphones?

Thanks!
-fandelive

Mics : Sony ECM-717, MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod), SP-CMC-4 (at853), 2x DPA4060, 2x DPA4061
Battery box : SP-SPSB-6524 w/bass roll-off filter, MM-CBM-1
Preamp : Church Audio CA-9100
Recorders : Sony MZR-700PC, Edirol R-09HR, Tascam DR-2d

Offline opsopcopolis

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Post-processing of a binaural recording
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 10:11:37 AM »
While not the intended way of listening to binaural recordings, there’s most likely a high probability that people will listen to your tape over speakers, so it can’t hurt to monitor through them. The more medium you mix/master through, the better chance the recording sounds good across the board

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com