Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: tape ribbon is now on outside of the dat tape  (Read 1349 times)

Offline svenkid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Take Time to Listen!
tape ribbon is now on outside of the dat tape
« on: October 16, 2005, 04:05:04 PM »
 :-\

I was tapping a show las nite, I pulled the tape out of my M1, and I put it on the table, and the ribbon is hanging out. I recall this happening along time ago with muy buddys dat, but I cant recall what he did to fix it.

Any help appreciated!
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.
rig: Neuman u89s > Lunatec V3 > MT(24)/JB3(16)
http://db.etree.org/svenkid

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: tape ribbon is now on outside of the dat tape
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 04:11:53 PM »
Pop open the tape protector flap, and manually roll the tape back into the casing with your fingertip or a small screwdriver. 

Is this what you were asking about?  Seems kinda easy to me  ???
Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

Offline svenkid

• Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 04:15:37 PM »
It is, thanks  :D
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Offline svenkid

• Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 04:25:49 PM »
although on actually trying it now, I see that I lift up the flap thing fine, but there are things to turn easily, the tape holes are covered as are sony dat tapes  :-[

Offline svenkid

• Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 04:41:37 PM »
phew! another crises averted!
thanks to the kindness of taperssection.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com