Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DR2d - part 2  (Read 134807 times)

Online Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: Tascam DR2d - part 2
« Reply #285 on: February 11, 2014, 09:42:00 AM »
If male plugs at each end are the connectors you need, then this might work (it wiring isn't clearly indicated, but presumably would be correct).  Ebay France link- http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Noir-blinde-stereo-3-5-mm-jack-2x-3-5-mm-a-angle-droit-Mono-jack-plomb-/321308524918?pt=FR_Image_son_Autres&hash=item4acf7b0176#ht_3177wt_1120

I prefer a right angle stereo plugs such as that into the DR2d inputs to reduce stress on the jacks.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline hoserama

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #286 on: February 11, 2014, 11:09:03 AM »
Yes sir, 1/8>RCA and then adapters. RCA is handy and easy to patch into any adapter (1/8", 1/4", even XLR). Only issue is that it's not balanced...which isn't anything you're going to worry about with the tascam 2D.
Audio: Countryman B3 + AT853(hypers/cards/subcards) + SBD feeds
Wireless Receivers: Lots of those
Antennas: Lots of those
Cables: Lots of those
Recorders: TE TX-6, Zoom L20R, Zoom F8, (3) Tascam 680, (3) Tascam 2D, Zoom H6, and a graveyard of irivers/nomads/minidiscs.

Offline achtungpop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #287 on: February 11, 2014, 12:03:03 PM »
If male plugs at each end are the connectors you need, then this might work (it wiring isn't clearly indicated, but presumably would be correct).  Ebay France link- http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Noir-blinde-stereo-3-5-mm-jack-2x-3-5-mm-a-angle-droit-Mono-jack-plomb-/321308524918?pt=FR_Image_son_Autres&hash=item4acf7b0176#ht_3177wt_1120

I prefer a right angle stereo plugs such as that into the DR2d inputs to reduce stress on the jacks.

yeah really interesting solution to have the less possible cables and connections !! thanx for this .
but in some cases I could use one of the mono input for a microphone so a female mono format would be better for me anyway .
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 12:32:01 PM by achtungpop »

Offline hoserama

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #288 on: February 11, 2014, 12:43:17 PM »
Like I said on the U2 board, if you have a stereo mics, you should run them in stereo. At least for room mics (different if you're individually mic'ing instruments).

It's not the end of the world to run a second recorder if you need more tracks.
Recorders: TE TX-6, Zoom L20R, Zoom F8, (3) Tascam 680, (3) Tascam 2D, Zoom H6, and a graveyard of irivers/nomads/minidiscs.

Offline achtungpop

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #289 on: February 11, 2014, 01:02:51 PM »
I see yout point but in any cases I want to keep 1 stereo input for my main cardioid mic . The other input will be use for 1 iem mono, and maybe 2 if conditions are favorable . If not, I'm just thinking about making 1 iem mono + 1 audience mono with my second pair of mics, omni . Just to plug all the channels at every show .
My goal with all those cables I'm talking about is for sure not to buy a 2nd recorder . Not only a question of money, more a question of number of things to enter in the arenas .

Offline hoserama

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #290 on: February 11, 2014, 01:12:04 PM »
Suit yourself. I think you'd be better off with a stereo IEM or a second mono IEM feed.

Make sure you're only taking the input of one omni microphone, and you're not mixing both mics into one input. Could get phasing issues really easily.

Offline achtungpop

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #291 on: February 20, 2014, 08:16:22 AM »
I've bought an Y stereo male to 2 mono females and it works perfectly as I wanted ( even if not mentioned tip and ring :) ) Thanx for the help .

Offline Andrea82

• Taperssection Regular
    • The 1st and only italian site about Eric Clapton
« Reply #292 on: March 19, 2014, 07:48:16 PM »
Today, for the 2nd time, I notice the screen on my Tascam remains orange without text during the use.
The machine works perfectly, it records and play files.
The battery are new and full charge.
Any help?

Offline jagraham

• Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #293 on: March 21, 2014, 10:38:05 AM »
Today, for the 2nd time, I notice the screen on my Tascam remains orange without text during the use.
The machine works perfectly, it records and play files.
The battery are new and full charge.
Any help?

^ This is just speculation, but did you play with the display settings? I know the menu has an option for how long to leave the display on during use, but I don't see why the display would light up orange with no data. Just an idea, really not sure what's going on there.
Mics: Nak CM-300s, Nak CM-100s, CP-1s, CP-2s, AT-853s(Cards, Hypers, Omnis) CA-14s(Cards, Omnis)
Pres: CA STC-9200, CA-UBB
Recorders: Tascam DR-70D, DR-2D, Edirol R-09

ISO: 1 Teac ME-120, CP-3 Caps, AT-853 Subcard Caps

Offline rodeen

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Harmonica Man!
« Reply #294 on: March 21, 2014, 03:39:41 PM »
^^ my DR100mkii did essentially the same thing after only a couple of hours use.  Since it was new, I returned and got a new one.  No problems with any of my 4 Tascam models since.  I would contact Tascam and get it repaired.
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"
[LMA]: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22odeen%22&sort=-date

Offline yug du nord

• ...til things never seen seem familiar…
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • made with natural flavor
« Reply #295 on: April 17, 2014, 02:37:52 PM »
anyone ever use an external battery with success??
.....got a blank space where my mind should be.....

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #296 on: April 17, 2014, 03:06:11 PM »
anyone ever use an external battery with success??
Guy,
I do just about every time I run the deck. Probably not needed, but I like the security.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Online Gutbucket

« Reply #297 on: April 17, 2014, 03:43:35 PM »
I do to run for a full fest weekend without battery changes.
Make sure the output is 5VDC (typically a USB output).  9V will fry it.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline yug du nord

• ...til things never seen seem familiar…
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • made with natural flavor
« Reply #298 on: April 17, 2014, 03:58:30 PM »
^I decided to try it today...  used a usb 5v battery and the deck started started to boot up for a split second, then lost power.
Then tried it with a tekkeon set to 4.5v and it did the same thing.
Now absolutely nothing when I try an external.
It still runs fine on AA internals..  but if I plug 5v into either the DC jack or the usb jack, it shuts off.

Any thoughts??

I'm original owner and have never tried external power until today.
Kinda bummed about it...
.....got a blank space where my mind should be.....

Online Gutbucket

« Reply #299 on: April 17, 2014, 04:03:48 PM »
Polarity correct? Cable or connector problems?

DR2d can't be powered via its USB connector, only the power jack and/or internal batteries.  I always keep charged internals in the recorder as a back up when using the external battery.  Display switches from the battery icon to the wall plug icon when powered via the external battery.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.13 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com