Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

converting dats to shn and flac.

(1/3) > >>

shnfox:
I am going to try and convert one of my tapes to shn or flac in the very near future. I am wondering what kind of cable i need to connect my DA-20MKII to my turtle beach digi sound card? Also what software will i need to convert to shn and flac?

any help would be appreciated.

Brian Skalinder:
It depends on the capabilities of your soundcard and DAT deck.  Do they both support coax/RCA digital input?  Or optical?  Your documentation for each device should tell you if they support the same digital format.  If the same, this'll be easy.  If different, it'll require a bit more gear, but will still be easy.

For more info on FLAC and SHN.  I use Mike Wren's FLAC Front End installer for Windows.

DaryanLenz:
Hey buddy, contact me on aol im around 1 pm and I will answer any questions you have.  My g-friend's aol thing is mamajustine!

D

shnfox:
well.
i connected my da20 to my soundcards line in via my rca to 1/8" mini cable. what software do i need to capture the audio, and should i be able to hear the music from my dat if i just hit play on my da20.

what is some good software to track the recording?
any help would be appreciated. i have some dats for a buddys band that i would like to trasfer before i do any of my good ones.

Sean Gallemore:
don't use analog!  use a s/pdif coaxial digital cable to go from da-20 to the sound card

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version