Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: B&K/Schoeps/Neumann avail. new for $1000/pair or less???  (Read 5813 times)

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: B&K/Schoeps/Neumann avail. new for $1000/pair or less???
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 07:02:04 PM »
used you can get 480s and 3 sets of caps (omni, hyper, card) for not much more than $1000
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 07:12:13 PM »
you could also get a new set of peluso's w/ all the caps for under 1k.
mics: (4)akg c460b(a60,mk46,ck1x,ck1,ck2,ck3,ck61,ck63)
pres: oade m148/edirol wmod ua5
recorders: marantz stock671/oade acm671/fostex busman vintage fr2le

(P.S.: On a threaded discussion board like this one, there's no need to repeat someone's post when you reply to them; everyone can see all the messages in the thread.)

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 08:44:58 PM »
Just get the Beyerdynamic MC930 set and be done with it.  This mic sounds great no matter what you put in front  of it.

Listen to my samples at Soundmann.com if you don't believe me!

In my opinion MC930 sound significantly better than either KM184 or AKG48x.  Different sounds on those mics, but I know I could just listen to Beyerdynamic all day.  (Hey, wait a minute, I do listen to them all day.)

Richard
Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

Offline Shawn

• is old and tired
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2008, 10:16:47 PM »
IMO the market for mid-priced Small diaphragm condensors is pretty bloated. There are a few dozen manufacturers in the market, and many of them have multiple offerings. Sonically speaking they run the gamut. Bright, dark, punchy,etc... Any suggestions you get are only going to reflect the posters preference for a particular sonic signature.

The real question is "what kind of sound are you looking for?" once that is ascertained people can make real meaningful suggestions.

Offline newplanet7

• Hasn't heard a muddy 460/480 tape. EVER. Mike Hawk
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • The Place To Be...... Akustische u. Kino-Geräte
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2008, 11:12:10 PM »
IMO the market for mid-priced Small diaphragm condensors is pretty bloated. There are a few dozen manufacturers in the market, and many of them have multiple offerings. Sonically speaking they run the gamut. Bright, dark, punchy,etc... Any suggestions you get are only going to reflect the posters preference for a particular sonic signature.

The real question is "what kind of sound are you looking for?" once that is ascertained people can make real meaningful suggestions.

plus tee
MILAB VM-44 Classic~> Silver T's~> Busman PMD660
News From Phish: Will tour as opening act for Widespread Panic for Summer
hahaha never happen, PHiSH is waaaaayyyy better the WSP

They both ain't got nothing on MMW... Money spent wisely if you ask me...

FYI, it is a kick ass recording of a bunch of pretend-a-hippies talking.

Offline rowjimmytour

• Trade Count: (3)
    • My LMA bookmarks
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2008, 12:41:34 AM »

I think is choices are limited from his post to what his audio store friend can get a nice price for him so used 480's, Peluso, and some of the others might not be available for him. Out of what he could score I would say Mc930's because you get a lot of bang for your buck and that is my next mic for sure.
Peace
http://www.archive.org/bookmarNo
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe and saw

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com