Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

New rig -- help me figure out what I need

(1/4) > >>

stvgray:
Okay, I'm upgrading from Sony MD and AT822.

Here's what I've bought so far:
-- Used DAP1
-- Used battery system (with proper termination for DAP1)
-- New Edirol UA-5 (going to do the digimod)
-- New battery pack for UA-5 (with whatever connectors it comes from dealer with)
-- Manfrotto stand (had it already)
-- Pair of Oktava MK012s (had them already for acoustic guitar tracks)
-- No-frills mic mounting bar

So what else do I need? I know I need the following; what should I buy, and where?
-- Shock mounts for Oktavas
-- Cables

What else haven't I thought of yet?

All suggestions welcome.

Tim:
tapes, lots of tapes

a coax cable

you seem to be doing well. I carry duct tape to tape my stand down.

Nick in Edinboro:
Canare Star Quad cables and Neutrik connectors from Markertek.com, build them yourself for real cost savings.

I like that AT8410a's for shock mounts...might also want to look at windscreens (for in and outdoors).

Coax cable for going from UA-5 > DAP1.

Flashlight.

Got a bag setup for carrying everything?  Perhaps tupperware/pelican cases to keep things organized.

DAT Tapes :P

Not sure what else comes to mind....  mostly "little stuff".

sexymexi:
i second the AT8410 shockmounts.   but yea, mic cables, which u probably have, or upgrade to some better ones, and then a coax is very necesary.  a bag to carry it all in.  i'm just using a cheap old navy backpack, but its pretty small for a full size backpack, and comfy, but i'm gonna be getting a targus rackgear, cause like u i have a full size dat, and it would be nice to have shelves in it for it all.  and then you can have it all set up to go in your pack, and have less hassel. +t for the upgrade.  hope it works out for you.  peace.

matt

cpclark:
i second the credit card, i have too many already

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version