Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Could this work?..suggestions needed...  (Read 1687 times)

Offline timP

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Could this work?..suggestions needed...
« on: January 05, 2004, 10:33:27 PM »
I have an IRIVER HD recorder, so far with no level meters, and am having fun just recording sound...took it hiking with my mini mics...very cool...
Now till I get levels via downlaods from the company, and just to have as a possible back up, I have been thinking of getting a MD recorder with levels to run either side by side out of my Deneck AD-20 or before my IRiver...If I got levles on the MD I could then manipulat the Denecke to get em right?
1. Would this work?
2. Any good  farily prices MD recorders w/ visable levels?Thanks
?>FR2LE

Offline mattb

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Yo.
    • Matt's Page
Re:Could this work?..suggestions needed...
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 11:03:12 PM »
How would you split the optical signal? A splitter may be ok, but it could also degrade the signal enough to give you trouble.
But if that worked ok (and it most likely would) then this idea should work fine. Just keep the md in rec-pause mode.

I just sold an md recorder on ebay that would consistently introduce skips in the recording. You could have had that cheap. If you can find a similarly flawed one you may get it really cheap.

Seems like any recorder should be ok. Try to find a Sony MZR-30 or other older model. I bet you could get one cheap. Power should last if it's not actually writing to the disc.
Here's an old Sony MZ-R2 for $25 with 9 Hrs left and 0 bids.
http://tinyurl.com/2gk46

Matt
AT933s (C/H/O) > AT8531s > UA-5 > H120 (Rockboxed)

Offline timP

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:Could this work?..suggestions needed...
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2004, 01:08:41 AM »
do most MD recorders have level meters?

does that Sony for sale have levels? I  says it has a line out...I could line my IRIVER up to there, right?

also...my AD-so has an optical and what looks like a 1/8th SPDIF out...would it be throwning the same signal out both and could just hook the iriver up to the optical and the MD to the other??

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 06, 2004, 01:35:46 AM by spreadahead »
?>FR2LE

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com