Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Traders Little Helper Question  (Read 2107 times)

Offline airbladder

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
    • My recordings on archive:
Traders Little Helper Question
« on: May 19, 2009, 09:54:51 PM »
I just started using traders little helper because I can't get flac fronted to work properly on my 64bit vista premium computer.  So far I like the program but I have two issues: 

1.  I can't tag the flac files like I can in flac fronted.  Is there a way to do this with traders little helper or another simple program?  It's not a big deal but it's a nice feature.

2.  I can make md5's and ffp's, that's not the problem.  The issue is when I upload to etree or archive they want that data.  In the past, when I made a ffp with flac fonted it gave me a txt file.  With that txt file I could cut and past that data into the proper field when uploading shows.  But with traders little helper it gives me a different kind of file.  When I click on that file it opens up traders little helper to run a check.  That's nice but I can't cut and past the data needed to upload.  Can someone help me out, what am I doing wrong? 
Thanks,
Ed
Microphones: Neumann U89i, Neumann KMR 82i, Neumann AK40/50>LC3>KM100.
Pres: AETA PSP-3
Decks: Zoom F8, Sony PCM-M10, Microtrack

Offline mattmiller

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Traders Little Helper Question
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 10:01:45 PM »
2.  I can make md5's and ffp's, that's not the problem.  The issue is when I upload to etree or archive they want that data.  In the past, when I made a ffp with flac fonted it gave me a txt file.  With that txt file I could cut and past that data into the proper field when uploading shows.  But with traders little helper it gives me a different kind of file.  When I click on that file it opens up traders little helper to run a check.  That's nice but I can't cut and past the data needed to upload.  Can someone help me out, what am I doing wrong? 

Instead of double-clicking on the file, right-click on it and choose "Open With" and pick Notepad from the list.  Notepad should have no trouble opening it, from which you can copy the text that you need.
Mics: Neumann KM100 (x4), AK40 (x2), AK50 (x2)
Pre: Lunatec V3
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Tascam HD-P2 (x2), Sony PCM-M10

Offline 3-Fan

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 07:10:16 AM »
TLH will not tag shows for you.  I use Foobar2000 with a Live Show Tagger addin.  Works pretty well for me if your .txt file is propeorly formatted.
AT853 > Church 9100 3 wire w/ mini XLR and switchable 4.7K mod > Edirol R-09HR

Offline airbladder

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 09:19:58 PM »
Thanks for the info on getting the ffp, I knew it would be easy. 

I use fubar 2000 for palyback.  What's this live show tagger thing, any more info on that would be great.

Offline 3-Fan

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 07:28:51 AM »
The live show tagger will read your .txt file and tag your show if everything is set up right.  Tracks numbered properly and .txt file set up correct, etc.  There are many topics on this here.

You can download the plugin here:

http://foosion.foobar2000.org/components/

Here's a pretty decent discussion on it too:
http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,120696.0.html

It's pretty slick once you figure out everything.
AT853 > Church 9100 3 wire w/ mini XLR and switchable 4.7K mod > Edirol R-09HR

Offline airbladder

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 08:10:06 AM »
Cool!

Offline rsimms3

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 09:33:11 AM »
I use Foobar for tagging my FLAC files.  As long as your .txt file is formatted correctly, it works great.  I have had some .txt files that appeared formatted correctly, downloads instead of my own shows, that were screwy when I went to use the tagger.  The other thing to keep in mind if you go from tagged FLACS to MP3s on Foobar for use on your iPod etc. is to rename the Disc 2 MP3 tags because that tagging isn't so great, it will use track numbers per disc instead of going all the way through from 1-x at the end of all files.  There is probably a setting to fix that upon encoding, but I haven't taken the time to check it out. 
FOR SALE - Check HERE

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.247 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com