Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: LINEAUDIO microphones..?  (Read 11285 times)

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
LINEAUDIO microphones..?
« on: June 04, 2009, 07:06:10 AM »
anyone ever heard any of these?  sweedish made.  looks cool. 
the 12 diaphragm stereo mic is interesting...

http://www.lineaudio.se/linemic.htm

this sort of looks like the Berliner cm33.

Offline intpseeker

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection Member
  • In music the passions enjoy themselves
Re: LINEAUDIO microphones..?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 07:26:40 AM »
anyone ever heard any of these?  sweedish made.  looks cool. 
the 12 diaphragm stereo mic is interesting...

http://www.lineaudio.se/linemic.htm

this sort of looks like the Berliner cm33.

$130 for the cm3 and 650 for that quad, if I figured that right

Oops. Just noticed the converter at the bottom of the page.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 07:29:25 AM by intpseeker »
Mics:        Akg 451 eb A51's, ck-1's, ck-2's, ck 8's
                Peluso CEMC6 MK2, MK4, MK21, MK41
                AKG 391
                CA-11 cards and omnis
Pre:          ST-9100
Cables:     XTC Silvers, DT47-12's
Recorders: ACM PMD660
                 Busman modded R-4
                 PCM-M10
                 DR-70D
                 Church modded R-09 micsketeer
“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” - Bob Marley

stirinthesauce

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 03:50:14 PM »
line audio make very nice products.  Dirk used to have a line audio 8 channel pre.  It sounded very nice, transparent.  Very "Grace" like.   Was at a time tempted to try these mics and never got around to it.  As little recording as I do now, have lost the desire to try different products.

Give it a whirl, Nick.  Then post up some samples so we can hear them   ;)

Offline kgreener

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 05:29:15 PM »
good luck finding a pair  :-\  i've tried to track down a pair of the cm3's and/or the original model cm2's for the better part of a year and have had zero luck.  even called a store in Sweden earlier this year but even they can't get them.  apparently the fellow who made them did so out of his basement, and the word now is he's getting out of the game. 

too bad, i've read lots of good things about these mics on gearslutz and elsewhere.

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 07:31:12 PM »
That 12 capsule blumlein mic caught me eye a couple years back with it's cool MicDIY'ers chrarm.  Always wondered about 'em.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline notlance

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 08:23:27 AM »
I sent an email to the address given on his web site a few days ago and have not had any reply.  I basically said I'd buy some mics if he told me how much shipping was going to cost to the USA.  You'd think he'd respond quickly to an email like that if he was still in business.

Offline ghellquist

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 11:09:51 AM »
I will try to contact him as well as check if there could be some in the retail outlets around here (I live in Stockholm Sweden). Willing to help fellows in the community whenever possible.

// Gunnar Hellquist

Offline notlance

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 03:05:21 PM »
Thanks Gunnar.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 03:56:58 PM »
I emailed Line Audio a month or so ago inquiring about the CM12i.  No response, unfortunately.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline ghellquist

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 05:12:41 PM »
Regarding Qm12:
I believe this shop might have one in store. Check the menu choice to the left, Mikrofon & tillb. This shop is within travel distance for me.
http://www.jamshop.se/

Mind you, I have never felt the need to try this mic. I have used the 8 ch mic pre and liked it. My recording friend uses the CM2 mics and likes them.

Prices on the jam shop page are retail, including Swedish Vat. It might be possible to shave a bit on the prices, no promises. Freight of course will be added.

Gunnar

Disclaimer: I am willing to help out as a fellow taper. Not planning to earn a single cent on any transactions (I do have a day job).

Offline RogerJoensson

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 05:14:38 AM »
Hi,

I am Roger Jönsson, owner of Line Audio Design, writing this message to clear things up.
Line Audio Design is a small company and I like it to stay that way for complete control and independence. I started out in 1989 after having worked with resales and audio rental for a few years in a company where I was part owner.
All my products are built by me and partly my wife, with some external help. PCB surface mounting is done by a local company and is completed by us, when needed with external help. Most of the metalprocessing (lathing and milling) is also done locally, but some low quantity parts are milled in house to save costs.
All measurements, selection and trimming is done by me and as this is time consuming, I have reached the limit of how many products I can build. I am usually working all days of the week, as efficiently as I can and is often  thinking of a ways to save time, but as I do not have enough time it has kind of stalled at the level it is now.
When it comes to the CM3 microphones I build around 1500 pcs/year and about 95% of them are sold in stores, mainly in Sweden. In Stockholm (the capital of Sweden) alone there are several re-sellers and I in Sweden there are about 30-40 stores that stocks the CM3, given they are not waiting for delivery.
When it comes to responding to foreign order emails the last years, I am sad to say that I simply haven't found the time other than occasionally. I do ship out a few microphones and preamps every month, but that is only a fraction of the demand.
I am trying my best to change this, but haven't been able to come up with a good strategy.

At the beginning of this year I was kind of hoping that the financial crisis would fix the dilemma, but until now it haven't. As things usually slows slightly during July/August, I am planning to catch up with the emails from the last months and take som more orders. I am also getting more help with the pre-amps next month, taking some load off.
I realise that I should atleast have sent out a mass mail, explaining the situation, but I kept pushing it forward, day by day...

I am truly sorry about this and I wish there where more days in a week, so that I could keep everybody happy...

-All the best, Roger Jönsson, Line Audio Design, Sweden.

Offline RogerJoensson

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 05:28:55 AM »
good luck finding a pair  :-\  i've tried to track down a pair of the cm3's and/or the original model cm2's for the better part of a year and have had zero luck.  even called a store in Sweden earlier this year but even they can't get them.  apparently the fellow who made them did so out of his basement, and the word now is he's getting out of the game. 

too bad, i've read lots of good things about these mics on gearslutz and elsewhere.
You have beeb completely misinformed, I am glad to say. It is probably my failure to finding time to answer the many emails I receive every day (read above messge) that caused this speculation.
Deliverytimes of CM3 microphnes to Swedish stores has never been longer than 4 weeks, at worst, and there are several stores that has them in stock. No. I am not working out of the basement, but I do have my business in an extention to my home and it is a small operation, not a big factory and no I am not going out of the game. I am still working 7 days a week building microphones and preamps, just as before!
I will try to my best to improve on the email thingy. Give me just a few more weeks to get over the next hill. :)

-All the best, Roger Jönsson, Line Audio Design, Sweden.

Offline kgreener

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 07:32:41 AM »
Roger, thanks for taking the time to drop in and clear this up for all of us!  I look forward to hearing from you at some point in the not-too-distant future as I am very interested in a pair of CM3's.

Keith

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 09:24:06 AM »
Same here. thanks roger for coming on board w/us here on ts.com
we'd like to play w/your stuff ???

If you are interested in getting a review of your mics posted.  drop me a line.
nick@nickspicks.com
www.nickspicks.com

I'd love to talk about your products w/you off list.

Offline notlance

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 09:33:17 AM »
Thanks for responding, Roger.  Now I understand and I feel your pain.  I ran a small business for 4 years and the only thing worse than a failing small business is a successful small business.  If you do everything yourself you have no life outside the business, if you hire people you have a whole new set of problems.  Hang in there.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.106 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com