Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: mic rec for friend needed.....  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my list
mic rec for friend needed.....
« on: January 09, 2010, 02:38:22 PM »
thought I'd see what y'all had to say about this.  here is a copy of the email.

We tape a bi-weekly news broadcast here at work and our shotgun mic has stopped working on us. Do you have a good recommendation on one that we can get that is affordable? I think we spent $100 on this last one and it never worked to our liking at all. We just set up in an office and our "news guy" stands about 3 feet in front of the camera and we shoot the footage that way. Already have the stand and XLR, just need to find a new mic. The attached mic works pretty good, it just sounds too boomy/echo-ey in the room when we use it.

too bad most of my mic knowledge involves mics that cost $1000 each or so ;)

Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
Re: mic rec for friend needed.....
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 03:19:20 PM »
Maybe a Rode NT-4 or something like that?  They seem to be fairly popular among the ENG types and aren't too expensive.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline dean

• Akustische u. Kino-Geräte!!!!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • The Dude abides...
Re: mic rec for friend needed.....
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 03:31:48 PM »
Maybe a Rode NT-4 or something like that?  They seem to be fairly popular among the ENG types and aren't too expensive.

Agreed on NT-4 for boom mic. 

Also consider lavaliere (clip to shirt) varieties.  Been too long since I've been doing video interviews so I have no idea what to recommend in that line of mics any longer, but using lavalieres is much better for the situation you describe, Gordon.
Light weight: Sound Pro AT 831 or MBHO's > tinybox > D7 or Samson PM4's > Denecke PS-2 > D7
Slutty weight:  [MBHO MBP 603A + (KA100LK/KA200N/KA500HN)] and/or [AKG C 414 b xls (omni/sub-card/card/hyp/8)]  > Hi Ho Silver xlr's/other xlr's > Oade T & W Mod R-4 or UA-5 (BM2p+ mod.) or JB3 or D7

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deanlambrecht

Offline chris319

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.075 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com