Gear / Technical Help > Remote Power

Battery Charging Math

(1/7) > >>

blu666z:
Am I way off base here?

UA-5 draws 500mah w/ phantom power on.  

Charger rate is 280mah.

So would I charge it almost 2hours(500/280) for every hour I intend to use it or longer?

-Kevin

caymanreview:
sounds about right, what type battery -sla or rc pack? does your charger have a trickle charge once the battery is full, it then tops it off? you may want to run it a touch longer to insure full charge

280mah charge rate isnt going to cause any damage by overcharging, the extra juice will be let off as some heat correct?

my rc charger charges at 2000mah, then trickles at 50 untill topped off and the packs always get warm before it shuts off, it is an auto shutoff smart charger

blu666z:
Its a 3000mah batteryspace pack.  Charger is a 5 hour charger from Rat Shack.  

I had been looking at this theard and wasn't sure if the charging to 1.5x  applied to basically dead batteries or if you could apply based on how much power you intended to use.  

http://www.taperssection.com/yabbse/index.php?board=25;action=display;threadid=12035;start=msg147389#msg147389

-Kevin

caymanreview:
im not sure if the 1.5x applies to non-dead packs or what

i also have the 3000mah packs from batteryspace, and i highly reccomend the charger they have. it charges at 2000mah and trickles at 50mah untill topped off and then has auto shutoff. automatic voltage detection for any of the different rc packs. at 30 bucks, it is a steal

blu666z:
Cool, I'll go track it down.  +T

-Kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version