Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Milab VM-44 supercardioid  (Read 7730 times)

Offline Mattias_Milab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Milab VM-44 supercardioid
« on: May 16, 2011, 06:23:22 AM »
Hi guys,

We are introducing the new Milab VM-44 supercardioid capsule this week at the LLB Expo in Stockholm.

You can find the press release here: http://www.milabmic.com/news.asp?show=one&id=91

/Mattias

Offline johnmuge

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Milab VM-44 supercardioid
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 06:39:45 AM »
Great news Mattias !!  Looking forward to getting a pair.
> AKG c480b(ck61,ck63) Naiant Couplings-PFA / Beyer MC930 / Milab VM-44 link / Nevaton MCE400
 > Littlebox w/output xformers / Tinybox w/ dual output  
 > Tascam DR-680, DR70d / Sony M-10 / Oade ACM Marantz PMD660

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 11:48:45 AM »
:coolguy:
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

Offline yug du nord

• ...til things never seen seem familiar…
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • made with natural flavor
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 11:54:11 AM »
Do the VM-44 Link's accept various capsules?  I didn't know that if that's the case.....  I was thinking that they were straight cardioid.
This is kinda a WOWZER for me......  I love the super-cards!!!
Very cool news!
.....got a blank space where my mind should be.....

Offline newplanet7

• Hasn't heard a muddy 460/480 tape. EVER. Mike Hawk
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • The Place To Be...... Akustische u. Kino-Geräte
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 12:24:47 PM »
Do the VM-44 Link's accept various capsules?  I didn't know that if that's the case.....
x2
Guess we should have read up if that's the case.
MILAB VM-44 Classic~> Silver T's~> Busman PMD660
News From Phish: Will tour as opening act for Widespread Panic for Summer
hahaha never happen, PHiSH is waaaaayyyy better the WSP

They both ain't got nothing on MMW... Money spent wisely if you ask me...

FYI, it is a kick ass recording of a bunch of pretend-a-hippies talking.

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 12:25:13 PM »
This makes the links even more attractive now with omni, cardioid and supercard options.

Do these play the Nianit tinybox game?
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 12:27:10 PM »
Yes, you can use different caps on the vm44-links.  Up to now it was card and omni only, now they have card, supercard (often called hypercardioid rightly or wrongly), and omni.

Nothing yet with the naiant tinybox, but maybe we should hit up Jon to see if he can get the proper polarization voltages out of the tinybox to run the vm44link actives/capsules without the bodies.  Seems like it should be do-able.
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 12:40:34 PM »
Yes, you can use different caps on the vm44-links.  Up to now it was card and omni only, now they have card, supercard (often called hypercardioid rightly or wrongly), and omni.

Nothing yet with the naiant tinybox, but maybe we should hit up Jon to see if he can get the proper polarization voltages out of the tinybox to run the vm44link actives/capsules without the bodies.  Seems like it should be do-able.

I see where you're going with it and I thought I'd add; you can use the normal tinybox (P16) with them since they are 12-52v mics, but nothing yet on the body replacement systems as you noted.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

cashandkerouac

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 02:27:58 PM »
This makes the links even more attractive now with omni, cardioid and supercard options.

yes, very much so.

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 10:20:12 PM »
I LOVE the Card version of the VM44 Links, so these are DEF a competitor for my next pair of mics :) How much is a set w/ the caps, bodies and cables ???
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline page

• #TeamRetired
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 10:33:08 PM »
I LOVE the Card version of the VM44 Links, so these are DEF a competitor for my next pair of mics :) How much is a set w/ the caps, bodies and cables ???

aprox 3.5-4k for 2 bodies, single set of cables, and 3 sets of caps. Single set of cards/bodies/cables to get started is 1.5-2k. Dirk sells them. (I looked today)
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 11:31:26 PM »
I don't know what single set of cables means but the links are two separate sets of mics therefore two separate sets of cables. The hyper cap is brand new (as per this thread) so you could only order cards and omnis as of right now.
Dirk sells them through the distributor of Full Compass, FDW-W, but I would recommend Dirk!

Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline page

• #TeamRetired
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 12:33:24 AM »
I don't know what single set of cables means but the links are two separate sets of mics therefore two separate sets of cables. The hyper cap is brand new (as per this thread) so you could only order cards and omnis as of right now.
Dirk sells them through the distributor of Full Compass, FDW-W, but I would recommend Dirk!

1 set of 2 cables; a set of cables. "a pair" probably would have been a better phrase.

Offline datbrad

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 09:46:10 AM »
One thing to note, the links are hard wired between the capsule housing, and the bodies. I personally would go for the VM44 Classic with card and supercard capsules. That setup runs around 3K for a pair at Full Compass.
AKG C460B w/CK61/CK63>Luminous Monarch XLRs>SD MP-1(x2)>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD661(Oade WMOD)

Beyer M201>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD561 (Oade CMOD)

Offline page

• #TeamRetired
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 10:31:32 AM »
One thing to note, the links are hard wired between the capsule housing, and the bodies. I personally would go for the VM44 Classic with card and supercard capsules. That setup runs around 3K for a pair at Full Compass.

I thought they disconnected on the body end based on pictures on milab's site. Looks almost like a 5 pin lemo connection.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.874 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com