Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sound Forge 6  (Read 1848 times)

Offline phisherman2002

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
Sound Forge 6
« on: February 27, 2004, 03:11:46 PM »
As a new user of this program I was wondering if the book Sound Forge 6 Power is worth buying or not? Anyone have experience with this? Should I use trial and error or is the book worth picking up?

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re:Sound Forge 6
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 03:54:03 PM »
As a new user of this program I was wondering if the book Sound Forge 6 Power is worth buying or not? Anyone have experience with this? Should I use trial and error or is the book worth picking up?

It helped me learn some of the features that the program has.  I read the full chapter for things that I was interested in (normalization, using plugins, etc) - and I use it as a reference.

He has some settings for EQ's to get 'punchiness' and what not, but they didn't increase the quality of my recordings (subjective judgement...) but I don't know how someone can say 'increase this freq 6db' and think it will do the same for every peice of audio...

Anyways, my advice- check out the ultra-maximizer as part of the waves bundle of vst plugins.  They should have named that 'the awesomer' - even with just he presets it really makes my recordings shine (once again, a subjective judgement...)

HTH
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • half dead batteries
Re:Sound Forge 6
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 04:01:29 PM »
the SF Power book is great for someone for someone just starting out with the program!

I still reference it from time to time and Ive been using SF6 for almost 3 years now

the water's clean and innocent

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com