Gear / Technical Help > Remote Power

AA runtime in PSP-2

<< < (3/3)

tbone65:
6 batteries will go 10.5 hours at 48 volts before audio degradation takes place. if you  have dvd battery (9)volts and a special cable made for them ,it will last 23-25 hours depending on weather. heat will last less then a cool or better cold location.

rigpimp:

--- Quote from: tbone65 on October 30, 2017, 08:34:31 PM ---6 batteries will go 10.5 hours at 48 volts before audio degradation takes place. if you  have dvd battery (9)volts and a special cable made for them ,it will last 23-25 hours depending on weather. heat will last less then a cool or better cold location.

--- End quote ---

I had a dual DVD battery from Ted for my V3.  I sent it back to him and had him put an adaptaplug on it so I could swap tips at will.  I currently have an "M" tip on it for the PSP2.  Sounds like I will be fine for festival season since I have 5 DVD batteries still.

tbone65:
to confirm 10 hours in the recommended time to switch batteries. AA sled holds 6 of them.

tedyun:
You can actually power the PSP2 using a 5V external battery pack, which are pretty ubiquitous because of cell phones. I found a compatible plug then spliced it to an old USB cable. My battery pack has 2 USB outs, one 1 mA for an iPhone and 2.1 mA for an iPad. I power the PSP2 off the 1 mA and my PMD-661 off the 2.1 mA. Both devices have the internal AA's in case the external fails, but that has yet to happen.

These days, you can get pretty slim battery packs that fit very nicely with the PSP2.

rigpimp:

--- Quote from: tedyun on November 02, 2018, 12:55:36 AM ---You can actually power the PSP2 using a 5V external battery pack, which are pretty ubiquitous because of cell phones. I found a compatible plug then spliced it to an old USB cable. My battery pack has 2 USB outs, one 1 mA for an iPhone and 2.1 mA for an iPad. I power the PSP2 off the 1 mA and my PMD-661 off the 2.1 mA. Both devices have the internal AA's in case the external fails, but that has yet to happen.

These days, you can get pretty slim battery packs that fit very nicely with the PSP2.

--- End quote ---

I seem to recall that when Vark gave my PSP2 a check up he put some kind of comment on the paperwork about how it didn't operate correctly at 5v input.  That was part of why I ended up with a 9v option.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version