Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Help please... I think I lost my show :(  (Read 2466 times)

Offline mgleason007

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Mmmmm, yummy
    • My Bootleg List
Help please... I think I lost my show :(
« on: June 19, 2004, 11:53:07 AM »
So I was taping the Pat McGee Band and The Clarks last night (first time taping), and I was using Soundforge 6 on my laptop at 24/48.  I only had about 4 gigs free, so soundforge told me I had over 2 hours free (my soundforge temp file is on this same drive).  Great.  So I started with the Pat McGee Band and didn't turn it off until after The Clarks were done ( > 3 hours).  Now when I went to save it, it ran out of disc space because of that temp file :(.  So I went into the preferences of soundforge and made sure the "delete temp file on exit" checkbox was turned off, and I closed soundforge.  Much to my chagrine, the temp file disappeared :(.  So when I got home I tried using an undelete program to bring it back, and it recovered it as a completely worthless 0 KB file.  Grrrr.  Is there anything I can do now to bring this show back?  It's not the biggest loss in the world cuz Jef-o was there too, but I'd still like to have my first tape :-\  Can anyone offer any advice?   Thanks.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to make sure I got all the relevant details in there.
Mike

Offline todd e

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • ***Team Schoeps***
Re: Help please... I think I lost my show :(
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2004, 08:51:58 PM »
why dont you try searching for files on your hd from last night, and size.  ctrl f = search and then sort by size and date.  that may give you a file with a ~ starter.  this just needs to be renamed and you will probably have your show back.  be sure to clear some space up first.  good luck

Offline mirth

• Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2004, 10:19:39 PM »
Are you really sure its 0k? I've recovered files from when I lost power while recording that Windows said is small but then when I looked at its properties it was all there.
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • The Jokell
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 12:04:54 AM »
I'd say more than likely you're not going to get it back without shelling out some cash to a data recovery service (which is not as cheap as you'd think).  :(

Just use the experience as a reminder to always have *double* the space you'd need for a recording before you hit the record button. ;)
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline mgleason007

• Taperssection Member
  • Mmmmm, yummy
    • My Bootleg List
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 10:56:49 AM »
Just use the experience as a reminder to always have *double* the space you'd need for a recording before you hit the record button. ;)
Yeah that's really lame.  I wish I would've known that that was going to be a problem.  And yeah Todd, it was really gone.  I was looking at it, closed Soundforge, hit F5, and then it was gone.
Mike

Offline the yokel

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2004, 02:14:08 PM »
Give Wavelab a try, it doesn't save to temp files.  It saves directly as you record.  So there is no need to save a big ass file after your done recording & if you run out of power everything will still be intact up to the point of where you lost power.

Offline todd e

• Trade Count: (3)
  • ***Team Schoeps***
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2004, 06:50:30 PM »
Give Wavelab a try, it doesn't save to temp files.  It saves directly as you record.  So there is no need to save a big ass file after your done recording & if you run out of power everything will still be intact up to the point of where you lost power.

just be sure to set it that way, because the default is to temp files.  good suggestion +T

Offline the yokel

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 03:47:41 PM »

just be sure to set it that way, because the default is to temp files.  good suggestion +T

back @ ya + , & yes it's not the default setting.  If you haven't used wavelab before it's in the top left hand corner of the recording box. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.076 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com