Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: wavelab problems  (Read 4998 times)

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
wavelab problems
« on: June 21, 2004, 12:49:36 AM »
so i finally started using wavelab, since il be doing 24/96 it is critical to have the auto split feature to make sure it keep rolling after 2 gigs

ive done 2 test using wavelab4.0F and have it set to split at 1950mb, and im doing 24/96 from my warm mod 410

it records fine,a dn im having it write the files directly to my disc...

when i stop the recording i get this message in a box:

Program Error
WaveLab-app.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program

An error log is being created

is this a problem with my installation of the program? is there anything i can change to try to stop this from happening?

it is saving the first file fine, and then the file that is recorded after the split is blank....

il try and re-install the whole thing and post back in a few hours

Offline Scooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: wavelab problems
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 11:33:02 AM »
Go to Steinberg.net and get the update before you scratch your head too much.  They are at 4.01b.  I had the same type of problems with an early version of Wavelab4, but not after the update.  Good luck.
MBHO 603a(ka200n/ka500hn) >
R-44, or H120

LMA Recordings

Offline Cooker

• Local Crew
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 12:00:53 PM »
i get GPFs when i select "open with... wavelab" from windows explorer, but never when i open a wav with file /open / wave in wavelab. go figure.

Offline mirth

• Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 12:45:54 PM »
If I try to work with two wave files at once, like after doing a dither or resample, wavelab tends to crash on me. If only I still had my original installation CD, I could apply the updates...
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 01:50:11 PM »
hmmm an update... wish i could do that, but alas i have a pirated version... is it updateable?

Offline mirth

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 02:03:37 PM »
If only I still had my original installation CD, I could apply the updates...

*cough, cough*
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline the yokel

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 02:26:05 PM »
Dustin, this is deffinately a problem with Wavelab 4.0, sometimes when autosplit is engaged it will report an error if you move the mouse & will want to shutdown.  DON'T shut down just let it keep rolling.  Wavelab is still doing it's thing in the background & should save properly.  You may have to open the 2nd, etc. file(s) as RAW's to retrieve them, but they're still there.  This also tends to happen when you render to a new file in Wavelab 4.0g.  They seem to have fixed these problems in 5.0a, so give that a try if you've got the cash around  ;)  This doesn't apply to Dustins Wavelab 4.0 problem, but is anyone out there using Wavelab 5.0a noticing some bugs?  When i select an area of the track & try to raise the levels through Process/Change gain it will go through it's processing but it never actual increases the gain.  Anyone?

Offline mirth

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2004, 02:35:26 PM »
This also tends to happen when you render to a new file in Wavelab 4.0g.

That's my problem exactly.

Offline kevin p

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2004, 10:26:18 PM »
hmmm an update... wish i could do that, but alas i have a pirated version... is it updateable?

FWIW, suprnova has a torrent up for wavelab 5. it's archived in the apps section as it's been out a couple weeks now.

Offline mirth

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2004, 11:40:24 PM »
Curious, is the torrent an .iso of the disc or is it just the install program?

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2004, 02:07:14 AM »
Curious, is the torrent an .iso of the disc or is it just the install program?

il find out :)

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2004, 03:33:15 AM »
just an install program and serial

Offline Cooker

• Local Crew
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2004, 10:03:06 AM »
cool... but sucky. without that ISO we won't be able to install updates.

i'm gonna try and snag this tonight.

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2004, 10:08:51 AM »
works great. it solved all the problems i was having totally, splits like a charm now

after 2 days of pulling my hair out, a total system restore and dual boot layed down clean i have finally got my picturebook back to "normal" after following that 2k optimization thing fromt he oade board  :-\

Offline mirth

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2004, 12:29:32 PM »
Which did.... WL5 or 4.0g?

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2004, 06:55:46 PM »
5.0a

Offline kevin p

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2004, 09:10:13 PM »
works great. it solved all the problems i was having totally, splits like a charm now

after 2 days of pulling my hair out, a total system restore and dual boot layed down clean i have finally got my picturebook back to "normal" after following that 2k optimization thing fromt he oade board  :-\

Did you make the GIANT mistake of turing off the RPC which wasn't the "Locator"? That tweak quide really helps things out, but I made the mistake of going too fast when I was doing it for a friends PC and turned off both RPCs. I had to fdisk, delete/create/set active partition and format c:, re-install from DOS  >:(

Offline mirth

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2004, 11:05:44 AM »
Does anyone have the url for the torrent, or can upload the files to me?

Offline mirth

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2004, 11:10:00 AM »
n/m, I was looking at suprnova.com, not .org

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2004, 11:16:55 AM »
i used wavelab 5.0a to do the wilco matrix last weekend and I was very pleased overall.  the interface is pretty similar and the processing speeds overall seemed very similar to 4.0c.  i had never used the montage feature in 4.0c, so i can't really compare the two.  but moving around the files was very simple.  and i could have the aud file open in both the montage and the wav editor at the same time.  as i made changes in the wav editor (reducing gain for the aud portion), it was automatically changed in the montage section so that i didn't have to save, close and reopen.  this was the first matrix I had done and while time consuming, I thought it went very smooth.

Offline Dr.FOB

• Taperssection Member
  • USM69i
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2004, 02:04:04 PM »
Now, when someone finds out how to get that montage tracked and a DVD-A burned give me a shout.
I get all of the errors resolved up to the point where it points out that my 'pause' is not correct.  I'm trying to load the 24/96 file and mark the tracks in the montage.  I of course would like to do this gapless and with menus...
Neumann gear slut

Offline John P

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • sometimes a dog is as good as any man
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2004, 07:42:53 PM »
Here is a great link for WaveLab info.  There should be a new patch up for v5.0 in a day or two.  PG said he would have it up bu July 10, but I just checked and it aint up yet.  http://forum.cubase.net/cgi-bin/cubase.net/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=WaveLab&number=3&DaysPrune=10&LastLogin=

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.11 seconds with 46 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com