Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: useing M-Box for tapeing  (Read 3254 times)

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Photographer:Jim Marshall - Jerry @ Woodstock
useing M-Box for tapeing
« on: June 30, 2004, 01:14:10 AM »
I am thing of geting a M-Box to tape with. The laptop that I am useing is a mac. The M-Box works off of the laptop and you dont need to go out a buy recording softwear. I want to know if any one can tell me if it is a good way to go at taping with a laptop. I hope that they is some one that can help me on my way.

-Brian
MBHO KA200 N / KA500 HN > Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives > MBHO 603 A > Van Den Hul The Second >  SD722

coming soon Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives

Show I taped on archive.org http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deadhead6216

"We're the first generation that's really capable of saving this music forever. Now is the time because we finally have the digital technology that allows us to preserve it indefinitely. It's also the critical time to do this because the older recordings are really deteriorating. It's an opportunity and it's also a serious responsibility, future generations will hold us responsible for what we do or do not do as far as preserving th

Offline dklein

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: useing M-Box for tapeing
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 04:43:03 PM »
Let's see how long before John Kelly and the fw410 fluffers take to spot this...
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 07:20:16 PM »
The MBox works great as a laptop interface, as long as you are sure you want to use protools.  There are many other solutions out there as well, including the M-Audio Firewire410 (and now the Firewire1814), Edirol UA-5, Metric Halo ULN-2 (although it's much more expensive), and probably a few more. ;)

Let's see how long before John Kelly and the fw410 fluffers take to spot this...

That good? ;D
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 10:47:30 PM »
firewire audiophile works well also as an interface
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

radioboy1977

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 09:28:08 PM »
firewire audiophile works well also as an interface

i love my firewire audiophile.  i not only use mine for taping, but also as an interface between my computer and my home stereo system.  for the price, you can't beat the versatility of the unit ;D

Offline mirth

• Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2004, 12:25:00 AM »
You can only get the M-box with a purchase of the cheap version of protools... At least, I thought thats what I had seen.
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2004, 12:32:22 AM »
You can only get the M-box with a purchase of the cheap version of protools... At least, I thought thats what I had seen.

Nah, you get the full version of ProTools with the purchase of an MBox.

Offline mirth

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2004, 12:38:44 AM »
sorry, didn't mean to imply that the edition w/the m-box was lesser than the protools used with the higher end digidesign hardware.... my point was that the m-box is a bonus w/the purchase of protools.

I understand that you can use the m-box outside of protools in Windows, but you still need PT installed to get the asio driver.
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2004, 01:39:23 AM »
sorry, didn't mean to imply that the edition w/the m-box was lesser than the protools used with the higher end digidesign hardware.... my point was that the m-box is a bonus w/the purchase of protools.

I dunno if I would put it that way.  ProTools includes their software with any hardware purchase.  In effect, the software is a bonus with the purchase of their hardware, not the other way around.

Offline mirth

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2004, 10:25:26 AM »
How about we just return to this & stick with it? :)

The MBox works great as a laptop interface, as long as you are sure you want to use protools. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com