Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Wish me luck  (Read 3718 times)

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
Wish me luck
« on: July 18, 2004, 12:29:54 PM »
Doing my first 24/96 recording at Blues Traveler tomorrow night. First time out with the lappie and firewire audiophile, will be using my mk41's and V3 with it...pray for good tapes...er.....HD recordings ;D
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline Electric Cowgirl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Wish me luck
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 03:15:50 PM »
Your recording (no longer a tape) is gonna rawk!  Fire up the lappy early to give your self time to make sure the UA5 is recognized, and you are getting a signal.  WOOOHOOO 24/96 rules ;D
AKG480->w-UA5->fujitsu lifebook

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 03:48:55 PM »
What she said, minus the ua-5 (since you aren't gonna be using one). ;D

+t for trying out the good stuff
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2004, 04:25:07 PM »
can't wait to see how it comes up, been testing a lot at home to work the bugs out, should work well.  Will offer up DVD's for listening and FLAC if anyone is interested.
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2004, 04:29:08 PM »
will also be giving this http://audio-dvd-creator.com/ a test drive also to see what kind of dvd-v with 24/96 PCM discs it puts out.
In Tyler we Trust

Offline Electric Cowgirl

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2004, 05:30:44 PM »
d'oh....need to read whole post twice on stoneddays :P  Still fire that bitch up early to make sure everything is working.  If in doubt, turn everything off and turn it back on again.   

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2004, 06:45:44 PM »
d'oh....need to read whole post twice on stoneddays :P  Still fire that bitch up early to make sure everything is working.  If in doubt, turn everything off and turn it back on again.   

stonedays for sure.........I got busted for double posting the same topic today...so it's all good. Will be there plenty early, taping at Waterstreet is always a blast.
In Tyler we Trust

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2004, 09:56:20 PM »
Good luck Kris! I've been trying to pester Greg M to go tape but I think he's been busy...glad to see someone's hitting this at least! :)

I have no further advice to add...still stuck in the 20th century of taping. ;D

--Dave
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2004, 11:26:42 PM »
I look forward to seeing the show, haven't seen Blues Traveler since a hoarde tour many years ago, 93 maybe?
In Tyler we Trust

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2004, 11:43:46 PM »
Wow...then it'll be different for sure. They used the 180 pounds Popper lost and put it into a new keyboardist. ;) Hope you like...
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2004, 09:35:59 AM »
Wow...then it'll be different for sure. They used the 180 pounds Popper lost and put it into a new keyboardist. ;) Hope you like...

;D cool, more room for new band members now
In Tyler we Trust

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2004, 10:51:13 AM »
ok, pulled my first 24/96 last night at Blue's Traveler. Man, these guys can really rock it out. Did some listening last night over head phones but gave up due to dead ears from the show. No issues in the field, more to come.
In Tyler we Trust

Offline Electric Cowgirl

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2004, 08:19:43 PM »
+T

That rocks!!! ;D   What software did you use?? 

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2004, 09:37:25 PM »
I have been a long time fan and user of Goldwave...www.goldwave.com. Has just as many editing features and all the power of cool edit, or soundforge but costs $45..great program.

done some listening, boy does 24/96 pick out the crappiness of the room. Still a good pull, but I can't wait to do some 24/96 outside with the omni's on the TL's. Overall I am pleased and its real nice not to have to do a transfer from DAT to PC, straight to cutting and burning
In Tyler we Trust

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2004, 03:01:40 PM »
Where I taped from is the best place, they made most of the tapers tape in front of the SBD in the back, and that sounds like complete crap. I taped upstrais in the box, dropped my mics down DFC about 15 feet from the stacks....came out good for WaterStreet
In Tyler we Trust

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com