Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: What has the almighty MS brought to the table?  (Read 2294 times)

Offline gristlejaw

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
    • The Gainesville Band Page
What has the almighty MS brought to the table?
« on: January 03, 2005, 01:48:15 PM »
Been away from taping/this board for awhile but my new years res is to tape more shows this year!

my question:  What is Microsoft doing in response to the iPod? Do they have a large HD based media player out yet or in development?  If so is there any indication that it will be good to tape with?

I can't wait for the day they do away with the CD players/recievers for cars and you can just plunk down and play your porta-HD (maybe with a live show you just recorded on it)...soon i hope

Anybody I find bipedal in five wears his ass for a hat!

thierryhenry

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What has the almighty MS brought to the table?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 02:22:06 PM »
Ha, you'll be happy to know there is a machine like this. It's called the Nomad Jukebox 3, and it has taken over this board and the taping community. Check it out in the Archive Forum. :)

Offline Tall Adam

• The Artist Formerly Known as GQJSP
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 02:36:56 PM »
Been away from taping/this board for awhile but my new years res is to tape more shows this year!

my question:  What is Microsoft doing in response to the iPod? Do they have a large HD based media player out yet or in development?  If so is there any indication that it will be good to tape with?

I can't wait for the day they do away with the CD players/recievers for cars and you can just plunk down and play your porta-HD (maybe with a live show you just recorded on it)...soon i hope

from what ive heard MS's answer to itunes and ipod should be out this year. who knows what kind of damage theyll be able to do though with apple already so entrentched in the market. should be interesting. that and the apple computers vs. apple corps (beatles record company) legal battle/legal settlement are 2 things im looking forward to this year. :P guess im just a nerd

Offline gristlejaw

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
    • The Gainesville Band Page
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 08:38:48 PM »
Yeah, I'm aware of the Nomad JB3 but honestly i think microsoft (or Sony) can do better.  The shape of the JB3 is awkward and a little dated.  Something more like iPod's shape/size would be nice and maybe a pop-out/up lcd video screen with built-in Microsoft windows media player software... who knows.
Anybody I find bipedal in five wears his ass for a hat!

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 12:52:47 AM »
from what ive heard MS's answer to itunes and ipod should be out this year. who knows what kind of damage theyll be able to do though with apple already so entrentched in the market. should be interesting. that and the apple computers vs. apple corps (beatles record company) legal battle/legal settlement are 2 things im looking forward to this year. :P guess im just a nerd

I thought the Apple v. Apple was worked out this year? ???
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline Tall Adam

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2005, 01:08:08 AM »
not last id heard, unless there was some out of court that they did a good job keeping underground...(to the news archives to check if i just made a giant ass out of myself...)

Offline Tall Adam

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2005, 01:46:27 AM »
latest article i could find dated 9/20/04 had the issue still unsolved. the suit was filed on 9/12/03. anyone know anymore...

thierryhenry

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2005, 12:29:31 PM »
Yeah, I'm aware of the Nomad JB3 but honestly i think microsoft (or Sony) can do better.  The shape of the JB3 is awkward and a little dated.  Something more like iPod's shape/size would be nice and maybe a pop-out/up lcd video screen with built-in Microsoft windows media player software... who knows.

That'd be fookin sweet if something like that came out.

Offline Scuba Jeremy

• Taperssection Member
  • "Ugh, is that digi noise?"
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2005, 12:48:32 PM »
WARNING: The following is a rant that loosely (at best) relates to the rest of the thread.

The only thing that would really surprise me in portable audio now would be the incorporation of Blue Tooth technology between MP3 players and devices like cell phones, PDAs, car stereos and computers. I've been reading that Blue Tooth has not been used as often as of late, that the technology promised too much too fast and is now fizzling out. But really, imagine being able to just carry your MP3 player into your car, and not have to physically connect it to your car, but be able to stream your portable audio digitally over your car speakers, and control it with your head unit. Or to be able to choose your ring tone for your phone based on one of the songs in your massive playlist just sitting two pockets over? Or what of storing data from your PDA on the large hard drives available now in many portable MP3 players?

Flac support would be nice to see, though it is not as important to me as seeing the amazing technology of Blue Tooth being integrated between different consumer devices. What's stopping them, especially Microsoft?

Offline blastroknow

• Taperssection Member
  • you can fight about love all you want
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2005, 12:15:32 PM »
Blue Tooth microphones would be great - no wires.  Send some people with mics into the crowd and have someone wrangling the recorders in the back each receiving their blue tooth freq feed.

Blue tooth takes a lot of power but I agree that would be some great technology to see in the marketplace.

Just a cell phone with .wav recording/40gig hd/48vpower is all I want.
Core-sound HEB 4060s > iRiver h120
or
AT853 > AT8531 > ToddR mod SBM-1 > iRiver h120

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.1 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com