Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: VX 440/Picturebook C1VN problem, can anyone help??  (Read 1386 times)

Offline BC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bongo Bongo
VX 440/Picturebook C1VN problem, can anyone help??
« on: January 17, 2005, 01:18:07 PM »
Hi all-

Wondering if anyone out there might be able to help, I am having trouble receiving a 24/44.1 SPDIF digital signal with my VX440. I am using it with a Sony C1VN picturebook laptop running win2K pro. Recording programs are Vegas 2.0 and also SoundForge 6.0.

I have installed the drivers using the 5.21a VX kit downloaded from the digigram website, and following running the executable file, installed the wave driver as in the 2nd part of the instructions.

Before opening the recording program I set the input to digital in the mixer window, clock source to digital, and audio type (not data) in the "advanced" section.

I then select the "VX in #1" as the recording device in Control panel>Sounds & Multimedia>Audio>Sound Recording.

I then go into Control panel>Digigram and set the ASIO control panel to digital input.

However, I get the following errors when attempting to record digitally:

SF6: When going into record mode, computer says "an unknown error occurred opening the VX 440 in 1 device" In the SF 6 record window I have selected the "VX 440 in 1" as my recording device.

Vegas 2.0: " The record device microsoft sound mapper does not support the current input format" I have not found where in Vegas 2.0 to specify the input recording device, I think perhaps it defaults to the Control panel>Sounds & Multimedia>Audio>Sound Recording setting.

The analog inputs seem to respond ok when I feed my analog preamp outputs directly to the analog ins of the VX.

I am guessing that my programs are somehow not using the correct driver, I think both SF6 and Vegas use WAV drivers (??). 

Thanks in advance!

Take care,
Ben
In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

Offline fsulloway

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: VX 440/Picturebook C1VN problem, can anyone help??
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 02:19:18 PM »
I also use the 440 with a c1vp.I kept trying older drivers from Digigram until one worked.I do remember that it wasn't the one recommended though.
schoeps ccm4's, mk4v, mk2h, mk41
AKG ck62, ck63, ck61
Nbob/pfa, Naiant/pfa
SD 10T

"Wilmington, North Carolina....Let us hear your motherf***in' pride!" Patterson Hood 12-09-04

"Just About Unwound From Chasing Down The Sound"

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com