Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How to boost the bass only in CE2K or SF7 Audio Studio?  (Read 1575 times)

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
How to boost the bass only in CE2K or SF7 Audio Studio?
« on: April 22, 2005, 07:39:43 AM »
I have a thin recording, would like to beef up the bass throughout. It's Ratdog from Turning Stone and I had to plug my V3 into the house mics which were AKG391's spread about 50 feet apart. Other than the almost non existent bass the recording sounds very nice and I'd like to help it out. Cant' seem to find EQ or whatever is needed to do it in CE2K. Or what about SF7 audio studio(cheap version of SF7)can that do it. These are the only 2 programs I have. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Tony

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • FJ Baby!
Re: How to boost the bass only in CE2K or SF7 Audio Studio?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 08:44:55 PM »
for this i usually just go to process > EQ > Graphic.  from the pull down menu there should be an option of "Bass Boost around 80hz by 6 db" - i usually set that and then play around with the loudness - sometimes 6db is too much or not enuf.  but it seems to do a good job.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 07:31:19 AM »
for this i usually just go to process > EQ > Graphic.  from the pull down menu there should be an option of "Bass Boost around 80hz by 6 db" - i usually set that and then play around with the loudness - sometimes 6db is too much or not enuf.  but it seems to do a good job.
Your'e talking about SF7, right? I have the cheapo version and I'm not sure it goes that far in the process drop down. Anything in CE2K?

Offline momule

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2005, 10:42:39 AM »
I like using the paragraphic EQ much better . YMMV ..
I would assume your copy of SF7 would have this.

Nick
AKG 463's (uno ck62) > Mackie Onyx Satellite > Microtrack II

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com