Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: WaveLab 4.0 crossfade - how do you use it?  (Read 2259 times)

Offline wolffman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
WaveLab 4.0 crossfade - how do you use it?
« on: April 28, 2005, 11:00:49 AM »
I've tried piecing together some "jam" cds for personal use, and I can't get the crossfade to work.  I've glued to separate wav. files together and highlighted the section between the two and hit crossfade.  I can't seem to get it to be consistent.  The next time I use crossfade, it erases some of the wav. and uses one of the previous sections that was crossfaded??

Sorry to confuse, I would just like a quick tutorial about how to use crossfade in WaveLab 4.0 or suggestions on what other programs have a good crossfade option.

Thanks for your time...

wolff ;D

Offline BobbyHurley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • got a blank space where my mind should be
Re: WaveLab 4.0 crossfade - how do you use it?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 07:41:51 PM »
1.  Open both files in Wavelab.

2.  Minimize the 1st file (the one you will be fading OUT of)

3.  On the 2nd file, Edit > Select ALL

4.  Bring the 1st file back up, and highlight the ending portion, using 3-5 seconds of the end of the file works pretty good, otherwise your transition won't be as smooth.

5.  With the last bit of the Fade Out file (#1) highlighted, go to Process > Crossfade (I don't mess with the settings)

6.  Listen to the transition to see if its what you're after.  If its not, just don't save it, Undo, and you can try again, repeating steps 1-5 above, but using a different length of file #1 for the crossfade.

Hope this helps.
AKG C 480 B (CK61 and CK63) > Oade m248 > GAK cable > Sony M-10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com