Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AKG 426B Blumlein Samples(edit for ACTUAL samples and not pop songs)  (Read 7721 times)

RebelRebel

• Trade Count: (0)
I have no idea how that happened. Please folks, dont use the Beta you send it(for files over 300g) as I believe that the weirdness originated there...ill post the samples when they get finished uploading..

426B Blumlein>>>DAV BG-1 mic pre>>>Mytek Stereo 192>>>Digi In Zaxcom Deva V

Resampled/Dithered Using POW-R 3 Algorithm in Samplitude pro V8(16/44.1)>>Flac Frontend..I am glad to see the critiques/commentary on the MP3 though. Made me chuckle :)

« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 02:59:56 PM by Teddy »

Offline Ryan Sims

• Taperssection All-Star
  • A vision of a gentle coast
    • Something
Re: AKG 426B Blumlein Samples
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 10:22:06 PM »
This sounds crazy good Teddy. 
Ryan (minus sign) Sims dot com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryan-sims/

No single raindrop believes it's to blame for the flood.

Offline 284201

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 02:32:58 AM »

Nice Ray, you've got yourself a ten grand bit bucket.  ;)

All kidding aside, that sounds excellent.  I'd like to hear some comps between your normal gear and running straight into the Deva if possible.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 02:41:26 AM »
Was this compressed in post?  Or were the levels just run real hot?  Things sound a little saturated/fuzzy/distorted/crunchy at points during louder section.  Maybe just an MP3 issue, or my crappy-at-the-moment headphone playback setup.  At any rate...nice the L/R stereo imaging.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

RebelRebel

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 04:53:50 AM »
Was this compressed in post?  Or were the levels just run real hot?  Things sound a little saturated/fuzzy/distorted/crunchy at points during louder section.  Maybe just an MP3 issue, or my crappy-at-the-moment headphone playback setup.  At any rate...nice the L/R stereo imaging.

Wasnt touched in post(other than dither/resample ), and levels peaked at -10.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 04:57:15 AM by Teddy »

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 11:02:07 AM »

Something odd's going on, then.  After listening, I checked out the clip in Audition and there's a fair amount of clipping from the 1:30 mark onwards (to the tune of ~800 samples per channel).  What are you using for dither?  I wonder if maybe you're using a dither scheme within a compressor, like Waves L2/3, and accidently had the compressor turned on during the processing.  I know I've done it before!  I don't know of anything in the MP3 conversion process proper that would cause this, so that's my first guess.

This can't possibly be live - there's no crowd whatsoever.  But maybe that's just the super-polite European audience effect.  ???  Live show, or just setting up playback of studio material to get a feel for how the gear sounds?  Not trying to knock this thing, just seeking to understand what exactly I'm listening to.

Just noticed this...when did you get a Deva V?!?!???  Or is this a loaner?  Either way...   :drool:
Roland R-05

RebelRebel

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 02:06:04 PM »

Something odd's going on, then.  After listening, I checked out the clip in Audition and there's a fair amount of clipping from the 1:30 mark onwards (to the tune of ~800 samples per channel).  What are you using for dither?  I wonder if maybe you're using a dither scheme within a compressor, like Waves L2/3, and accidently had the compressor turned on during the processing.  I know I've done it before!  I don't know of anything in the MP3 conversion process proper that would cause this, so that's my first guess.

This can't possibly be live - there's no crowd whatsoever.  But maybe that's just the super-polite European audience effect.  ???  Live show, or just setting up playback of studio material to get a feel for how the gear sounds?  Not trying to knock this thing, just seeking to understand what exactly I'm listening to.

Just noticed this...when did you get a Deva V?!?!???  Or is this a loaner?  Either way...   :drool:

It is live, 100%. At times you can hear coughing in the background. The church was at full capacity. (600+)Thats just how German audiences are, especially during this sort of event.
Maybe something happened in the dither process, because it isnt clipping on my end, I made sure of that during the recording and ive listened through twice already completely on both my good monitors, my crappy monitors, and my really crappy monitors...Dither was POW-R 3, within samplitude pro v8. Spark E saw something weird last time I posted a dithered sample , ill see.

Teddy

RebelRebel

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 02:08:12 PM »
Oh yeah...is it sample 1,2, or 3??

The Deva is a loaner, im using it for this run of gigs while I get my own multitrack setup together. Dont own one ..yet. :)

Teddy

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 02:28:15 PM »
It is live, 100%. At times you can hear coughing in the background. The church was at full capacity. (600+)Thats just how German audiences are, especially during this sort of event.

That's simply amazing to me.  Wish I experienced crowds that respectful over here!

Maybe something happened in the dither process, because it isnt clipping on my end, I made sure of that during the recording and ive listened through twice already completely on both my good monitors, my crappy monitors, and my really crappy monitors...Dither was POW-R 3, within samplitude pro v8. Spark E saw something weird last time I posted a dithered sample , ill see.

Might be worth checking out if you're also releasing 16-bit copies.  Or maybe it's part of the MP3 conversion, though I've never seen an option to add gain or compress during MP3 conversion.  Good stuff...love how you can hear the drums/toms switch L and R.

Dunno if that's directed at me.  If so, I d/l the only file availble:  "view - Jan 16, 2005 23.35.23.mp3" from here:  http://download.yousendit.com/61913D8B52A0FDD5
Roland R-05

RebelRebel

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 02:31:14 PM »

That's simply amazing to me.  Wish I experienced crowds that respectful over here!

Might be worth checking out if you're also releasing 16-bit copies.  Or maybe it's part of the MP3 conversion, though I've never seen an option to add gain or compress during MP3 conversion.  Good stuff...love how you can hear the drums/toms switch L and R.

Dunno if that's directed at me.  If so, I d/l the only file availble:  "view - Jan 16, 2005 23.35.23.mp3" from here:  http://download.yousendit.com/61913D8B52A0FDD5

Jesus I am a f_+_+@_ing idiot. ! I sent  the wrong files.  ::) Let it fly ..I deserve it.I will resend the ACTUAL samples. Lord have mercy, Teddy..... 

Edit/

What the blue F()(Ck is that???Ive never even heard that song..... dont know how that got sent..Now im confused...but at the same time amused that people were critiquing a studio song.  ;D
Brian..I was wondering why you called the song Tallulah. I guess that is the name of the group. I just signed up for a you send it Beta account(files over 300G) ...weird stuff...

edit again...that is NOT the song I uploaded..I uploaded 3 flac files. no mp3s..I dont even have pop on my computer.......

Teddy
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 03:06:56 PM by Teddy »

Offline TNJazz

• Ninja
  • Trade Count: (44)
  • "Those who know, know."
    • NINJA DYNAMITE
Re: AKG 426B Blumlein Samples(edit for ACTUAL samples and not pop songs)
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2006, 03:07:53 PM »
I was wondering who let those drums and the Klaus Meine impersonator into the church...
Check out my band!  --> http://www.ninjadynamite.com

RebelRebel

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006, 03:09:28 PM »
I was wondering who let those drums and the Klaus Meine impersonator into the church...

you and me both!!Here I was arguiing that the files werent clipping, that I didnt use a compressor, that it was live... ::) I am really curious how that happened...

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2006, 03:09:38 PM »
:lol:

i wasn't gonna say anything but.......

lookin forward to the actual clip :)

Offline 284201

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2006, 03:11:07 PM »
Jesus I am a f_+_+@_ing idiot. ! I sent  the wrong files.  ::) Let it fly ..I deserve it.I will resend the ACTUAL samples. Lord have mercy, Teddy..... 

Nice. I wasn't a fan of the Eurotrash love song, but it sure sounded good.   :lol:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 03:21:47 PM by 284201 »

RebelRebel

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2006, 03:13:20 PM »
:lol:

i wasn't gonna say anything but.......

lookin forward to the actual clip :)

dude, let it fly.i ;D..Only thing is...I have no idea how it happened. I didnt even upload an mp3, dont have any MP3s on this PC.   ???

284201, you should send the band an email and tell them that it sounded excellent. I am sure theyd appreciate it.  ;D

Offline 284201

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2006, 03:43:42 PM »
284201, you should send the band an email and tell them that it sounded excellent. I am sure theyd appreciate it.  ;D

I thought it sounded excellent when I believed it to be a stereo mic and some quality two-channel gear set up in the middle of amorous Europeans.

I look forward to the actual samples, but this thread has been worth it for the simple fact that despite all his denials, we now know what Teddy really listens to when he's all alone.

RebelRebel

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 03:48:40 PM »

I thought it sounded excellent when I believed it to be a stereo mic and some quality two-channel gear set up in the middle of amorous Europeans.

I look forward to the actual samples, but this thread has been worth it for the simple fact that despite all his denials, we now know what Teddy really listens to when he's all alone.

;DGood one. Ill never live it down.  :-[ :) I wouldve been clueless the whole time had Skalinder not pointed out the compression thing....

RebelRebel

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
Roland R-05

Offline TNJazz

• Ninja
  • Trade Count: (44)
  • "Those who know, know."
    • NINJA DYNAMITE
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2006, 03:57:49 PM »
Sample 3 turns into sample 1 when it's compressed  :P
Check out my band!  --> http://www.ninjadynamite.com

RebelRebel

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2006, 04:01:01 PM »
 ;D ;D

Offline cfbarlow

• Taperssection Regular
  • I can See Audio
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2006, 04:42:03 PM »
I'm listening to this right now.  Amazing recording!  The pre- the adc- the mics-  everything is sublime.

Can I get this whole show?

+t

-Charlie

RebelRebel

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2006, 05:42:25 PM »
I'm listening to this right now.  Amazing recording!  The pre- the adc- the mics-  everything is sublime.

Can I get this whole show?

+t

-Charlie

Sure thing Charlie. Shoot me a PM with your address.

RebelRebel

BobW

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2006, 08:38:50 PM »
Wow !

not  pop songs

I was mid-way through The Mix by Kraftwerk when I stumbled on this thread.
Paused the album to hear the samples and haven't gone back.            ;D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 08:42:31 PM by _Bob_ »

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Feel brand new about it
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2006, 08:40:57 PM »
Sounds real good, Ray.  I can't wait to get my G's in a classical setting sometime.
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant
aercomp2 ■ v2∞3 ■ sx-m2d2
d100 ■ pmd661 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.113 seconds with 50 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com